Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Ed Greenwood (2017 & 2018)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

The Masked Mage
Master of Realmslore

USA
1958 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2018 :  00:25:53  Show Profile  Send The Masked Mage an AOL message  Click to see The Masked Mage's MSN Messenger address Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TBeholder

quote:
Originally posted by Zeromaru X

AFAIK, that and that the Positive and Negative Planes are "outside" the Great Wheel, instead of being part of the Inner planes.

If we're talking Planescape, Positive/Negative Energy planes are Inner, and there are Quasielemental planes touching both them and elemental planes (2 groups of 4).
If we're talking 3.5, mumble mumble something mumble - oh, you know just make it up yourself. If we're talking 4e, it's right between ShadowFell, FeyWild, DuckQuack and WikiHeadache.

I'd say ShadowFell, FeyWild, DuckQuack etc. would all be classified as demiplanes in the Great Wheel system.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
31389 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2018 :  02:36:47  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I consider the Shadowfell and the Feywild to be demiplanes that exist "between" Toril's Prime and between the actual planes of Shadow and Faerie. Both demiplanes are lesser versions of the originals, and kind of overlap Toril's Prime.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Editor and scribe for The Candlekeep Compendium

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
7374 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2018 :  13:23:09  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Masked Mage

quote:
Originally posted by TBeholder

quote:
Originally posted by Zeromaru X

AFAIK, that and that the Positive and Negative Planes are "outside" the Great Wheel, instead of being part of the Inner planes.

If we're talking Planescape, Positive/Negative Energy planes are Inner, and there are Quasielemental planes touching both them and elemental planes (2 groups of 4).
If we're talking 3.5, mumble mumble something mumble - oh, you know just make it up yourself. If we're talking 4e, it's right between ShadowFell, FeyWild, DuckQuack and WikiHeadache.

I'd say ShadowFell, FeyWild, DuckQuack etc. would all be classified as demiplanes in the Great Wheel system.

Isn't the plane of DuckQuack a transitive plane to the elemental plane of Sonic Damage?

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
31389 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2018 :  17:53:29  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have an NPC that can easily outdrink a pack of dwarves. He claims it's because he spent time on the Quasielemental Plane of Ale, and cheerfully ignores anyone who says that plane doesn't exist.

Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Seeker

USA
31 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2018 :  02:39:06  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I have an NPC that can easily outdrink a pack of dwarves. He claims it's because he spent time on the Quasielemental Plane of Ale, and cheerfully ignores anyone who says that plane doesn't exist.

And where might I find a gate to this plane?

"Iriaebor is a fine city. So what if you can have violence between merchant groups break out at any moment. Not every city can offer dinner AND a show."
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
7374 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2018 :  14:01:27  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TheIriaeban

quote:

I just need a flagon with a small (say 2 inch radius) one-way, activatable portal. If you could only open it for an hour a day, how many barrels do you think could you fill? 2? 4? 10?

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Master of Realmslore

USA
1958 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2018 :  16:04:08  Show Profile  Send The Masked Mage an AOL message  Click to see The Masked Mage's MSN Messenger address Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Wisconsin
Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Seeker

USA
31 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2018 :  18:02:04  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Masked Mage

quote:

quote:

Wisconsin

So, I gotta go through the Quasielemental Plane of Cheese? No wonder it is hard to find.

"Iriaebor is a fine city. So what if you can have violence between merchant groups break out at any moment. Not every city can offer dinner AND a show."
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
31389 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2018 :  19:08:46  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
<Homer Simpson>Mmmm, quasielemental cheese....</Homer Simpson>

Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Master of Realmslore

USA
1958 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2018 :  11:45:32  Show Profile  Send The Masked Mage an AOL message  Click to see The Masked Mage's MSN Messenger address Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Either Cheese or Bratwurst.
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
3594 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2018 :  22:19:43  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A quick "mechanics" question that I'm sure THO could answer; but may have been answered in the past (though I can't find the question so couldn't find the answer):

How does Ed award Experience Points to the effect that after years and years of play his player's characters are still in the single digit levels?

I LIKE that idea, just wondering if he awards xp for gold pieces or does story award or what?

Thank you so much!

AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2018 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000