Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 any novels upcoming?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

PaulSKemp
Forgotten Realms Author

805 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2017 :  16:13:55  Show Profile  Visit PaulSKemp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ElaineCunningham

But back to the main topic of this thread. If you haven't watched this YouTube interview with Nathan Stewart, it's well worth a listen. If you're only interested in the future of Realms fiction, and not game products, skip to minute 56 for his comments. I am guardedly optimistic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P252_IFLN9E

Had not seen this before. Thanks for sharing, ec. I will join you in guarded optimism.
Go to Top of Page

Caolin
Senior Scribe

660 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2017 :  18:35:28  Show Profile Send Caolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

But back to the main topic of this thread. If you haven't watched this YouTube interview with Nathan Stewart, it's well worth a listen. If you're only interested in the future of Realms fiction, and not game products, skip to minute 56 for his comments. I am guardedly optimistic.

Thanks Elaine! I really hope this is true. I'm definitely a novel first fan of the Realms and I've felt really ignored by WoTC in the recent years. Let's hope they do change this state of affairs. Plus I'm using my Ring of Wishes to get you back to writing Realms novels!!!
Go to Top of Page

KraziJoe
Acolyte

9 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2017 :  21:57:19  Show Profile Send KraziJoe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thank You for pointing this out. Cautiously optimistic as to what is coming!!!
Go to Top of Page

Firestorm
Senior Scribe

Canada
801 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2017 :  23:22:36  Show Profile Send Firestorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

A lifeline!

But I am going to continue to be pessimistic in my head.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
30288 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2017 :  23:51:51  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

That really does sound promising! I am cautiously optimistic that WotC will come thru for us, as I've long hoped they would. It's been really hard, keeping the faith the last few years -- so I'm hoping for a payoff, here!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Editor and scribe for The Candlekeep Compendium

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2283 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2017 :  23:56:13  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage Send ElaineCunningham a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PaulSKemp

Thanks for sharing, ec. I will join you in guarded optimism.

Welcome. There's room by the fire, ale in that keg.

Come to think of it, "Guarded Optimism" wouldn't be a bad name for a fantasy tavern.

Edited by - ElaineCunningham on 10 Oct 2017 23:57:19
Go to Top of Page

Taleras
Seeker

44 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2017 :  01:45:25  Show Profile Send Taleras a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's hoping you write another Realms novel starting in said tavern!
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2283 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2017 :  13:05:55  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage Send ElaineCunningham a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Taleras

A lot of people take issue with stories that start out in taverns. I could work Guarded Optimism into the story later, though.
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
5980 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2017 :  14:29:52  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hmmm, hopefully good news. I couldn't listen to it all, since I'm at work (granted remote, but still "at work"), so thanks for the heads up on the minute to go to.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Mirtek
Senior Scribe

511 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2017 :  14:57:51  Show Profile Send Mirtek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am just too pesimistic. I fear the awesome news will be that DMs Guild will allow lore products and novels instead of just adventures and rules or something equally terrible
Go to Top of Page

Taleras
Seeker

44 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2017 :  18:14:07  Show Profile Send Taleras a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

A lot of people take issue with stories that start out in taverns. I could work Guarded Optimism into the story later, though.

It's either in a tavern or not in a tavern, right? Might as well start in one!
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3532 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2017 :  21:06:25  Show Profile  Send The Red Walker a Yahoo! Message Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Danilo, Arilyn and Bronwyn in a tavern.....

There's a misunderstanding.

What could be a better start for a tale of the realms?

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
30288 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2017 :  03:51:34  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

quote:

quote:

Adding Matteo and Tzigone to the group.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Editor and scribe for The Candlekeep Compendium

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3532 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2017 :  21:35:24  Show Profile  Send The Red Walker a Yahoo! Message Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

quote:

quote:

Adding Matteo and Tzigone to the group.

Ohhhh Halruaa.....thanks for opening that wound again

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
2721 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2017 :  22:45:20  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A novel about Halruaa would still be possible even in the current era, given that it's back in place.

To all Facebook-using FR fans, you might be interested in checking out this page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/450517575051806/
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2283 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2017 :  02:37:22  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage Send ElaineCunningham a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Irennan

A novel about Halruaa would still be possible even in the current era, given that it's back in place.

One thing such a novel might do is explore how people rebuild after a catastrophic event. I don't know exactly when Halruaa returned--was it the full 100 years?--but another aspect to a current-day Halruaa story would be that descendants of survivers would have lived elsewhere for 3 or 4 generations. Halruaa would no longer be home. Whatever is built there is likely to be very different from the culture that was destroyed. On the one hand, that's rather sad, but on the other, it's an interesting opportunity for world-building.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000