Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Mages and Sages Podcast
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

AJA
Senior Scribe

USA
747 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2019 :  00:44:34  Show Profile Send AJA a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Again, for Ed;

Back in 2006 (18 Feb 2006, specifically) you made reply at candlekeep.com to someone asking about an island shown north of Icewind Dale on the "A Scholar's View of Abeir-Toril" map of the 3E FRCS (page 231) which stated, in part, "Folk of surface Faerûn today have entirely forgotten about this huge island, and don’t know where 'Duuthskor' (a place in the oldest Uthgardt legends, and mentioned in some dwarven chants) is."

I was wondering if you might be able to relay some of the details of those legends and chants?

AJA
YAFRP
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6641 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2019 :  01:14:12  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, we are going to meet up again this Saturday to talk Realms, so if anyone has more questions please feel free. Can't guarantee we'll get to the this session but we'll give it the old New Olamn try!

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2065 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2019 :  18:46:35  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Okay, we are going to meet up again this Saturday to talk Realms, so if anyone has more questions please feel free. Can't guarantee we'll get to the this session but we'll give it the old New Olamn try!

-- George Krashos

We are actually meeting Friday night, but the folks of Adelaide have messed up their calendars.

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6641 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2019 :  00:52:47  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

-- George Krashos

We are actually meeting Friday night, but the folks of Adelaide have messed up their calendars.

--Eric

Ahem, it was the (absolutely appropriate) royal "we" and "we" are participating on Saturday morning.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2019 :  15:26:19  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Finished listening to the latest podcast last night, great stuff. Sounds like you all are having a good time too! Looking forward to the next installment. :)
Go to Top of Page

Renin
Learned Scribe

USA
290 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2019 :  02:57:01  Show Profile Send Renin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
An absolutely wonderful endeavor. I love this podcast; I don't think I've been this excited to just go back and reread everything from the greybox on ...just to immerse myself in all things Realms!

Thanks to Eric and George's conversations, I can't wait to establish a new campaign in the High Forest. Fantastic motivation gents; thanks!
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6641 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2019 :  13:34:55  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good to see that people are enjoying the podcasts. They are fun to do but the heavy lifting is being done by Jeff Thetford who coordinates us and then does the thankless task of editing and putting it all together. A true hero of the Realms.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

Demzer
Senior Scribe

873 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2019 :  14:04:37  Show Profile Send Demzer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I second the praise for the podcasts and everyone involved in making them full of lore, enjoyable to listen to and available to us.

Also, I don't know if I should be happy and honoured about triggering the first Eric Boyd NDA (that I know of) on Princess Tianna Skyflower but I'm looking forward (even more so than before if possible) to Crown of Earlann.

Question for Mods and whoever else is "in charge" of this scroll: we should direct all new answer to the new scroll in the Chamber of Sages, right?
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2019 :  01:43:59  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've been working my way through them and they are fantastic. To whit, I'll make my first query for them: I'm currently running a campaign in Sessrendale and would dearly love any information that can be given about the dale and the Dusk Lord in particular. I've already combed through the CK forums and come across some great lore, but anything to expand upon that would be helpful.

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2020 :  01:38:48  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a question that goes back a ways for Jeff Grubb:

Was the ship The Realms Master a Skyship or no?

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

Cards77
Senior Scribe

USA
745 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2020 :  04:03:59  Show Profile Send Cards77 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When is the next podcast? Is there any place where listeners/viewers can submit questions? Thank you
Go to Top of Page

AJA
Senior Scribe

USA
747 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2020 :  04:51:00  Show Profile Send AJA a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cards77
When is the next podcast? Is there any place where listeners/viewers can submit questions? Thank you

On the topic of "where," there is the Mages and Sages Podcast thread in the Chamber of Sages section here, or possibly in Eric's or George's threads if they should happen to see it. Or the Fans of Ed Greenwood Facebook page (if you use Facebook).

AJA
YAFRP
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6641 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2020 :  05:02:15  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cards77

If you are on social media there is a "Fans of Ed Greenwood" Facebook page where the pending get-togethers are advertised and questions requested. Otherwise, there is the "Mages & Sages" thread right here at the 'Keep which we monitor.

-- George Krashos

EDIT: Noticed that AJA beat me to it.

Edited by - George Krashos on 11 Feb 2020 08:03:47
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000