Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Map of Baldur's Gate
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ty
Learned Scribe

USA
168 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2005 :  20:05:50  Show Profile  Visit Ty's Homepage Send Ty a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I seem to recall one of the scribes here had been working on an updated map of Baldur's Gate but I can't remember who. I'm actually looking to center a campaign around this area and I'm wondering if anyone here has succeeded in their efforts to draw/craft an accurate map of Baldur's Gate.

Thanks for any help.

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2005 :  20:33:00  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not sure if it will help (or even safe) http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG/index_maps.php offers maps as downloads the cliams are impersive though as to amount of detail offered.

http://www.dudleyville.com/bg1/megamap.htm also offers maps and some keys, for one of the games that might be useful.
Go to Top of Page

Ty
Learned Scribe

USA
168 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2005 :  16:00:00  Show Profile  Visit Ty's Homepage Send Ty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Kent.

Those are some interesting sites offering some various ideas regarding Baldur's Gate but unfortunately, it's not *quite* what I was looking for.

I'm thinking back on it (and maybe I need to scour Kuje's word document to find out who) and I recall that someone is crafting a specifically Greenwood-Realms accurate map of Baldur's Gate rather than the BGI and II series computer game maps.

I know that the map in the Forgotten Realms Adventures book was useful (and I have to find that darn thing in the basement, buried as it is by pictures, spare couches, and the general assortment of nicknacks and paddywacks my wife has accumulated) but I also believe that someone pointed out several errors on that same map. Ah well, time to use the Find function...
Go to Top of Page

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2005 :  21:40:59  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like the map on page 12 in Volo's Guide to the Sword Coast. :)

"Evil prevails when good men fail to act."
The original and unapologetic Arilyn, Aribeth, Seoni Fanboy.

Edited by - SirUrza on 24 Jan 2005 21:49:41
Go to Top of Page

Ty
Learned Scribe

USA
168 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2005 :  23:44:11  Show Profile  Visit Ty's Homepage Send Ty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Doh! Good call SirUrza. Now I feel a wee bit *baaaaahh* sheepish.

(mutters incomprehensibly as he looks back at books he has previously bought)
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2020 :  21:08:14  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Learned Scribe Ty,

I have a site for you to check out you might like! :)

http://forgottenwars.com/bg1/megamap.htm

Unfortunately, from what I could find, this appears to be a city not fleshed out like Waterdeep for example.

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Ty

I seem to recall one of the scribes here had been working on an updated map of Baldur's Gate but I can't remember who. I'm actually looking to center a campaign around this area and I'm wondering if anyone here has succeeded in their efforts to draw/craft an accurate map of Baldur's Gate.

Thanks for any help.

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

ElfBane
Learned Scribe

USA
275 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2020 :  08:07:27  Show Profile Send ElfBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is the old Dudleyville site reborn. These maps are for the CRPG Baldur's Gate. They are probably not suitable for a DM guided play session.

quote:
Originally posted by cpthero2

Learned Scribe Ty,

Unfortunately, from what I could find, this appears to be a city not fleshed out like Waterdeep for example.

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Ty

Thanks for any help.

Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2020 :  08:49:15  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Learned Scribe ElfBane,

I can't disagree with you there. I looked through several sources and I couldn't find one that inspired me like the mega Waterdeep map I have for example. So, I figured while I look for others, that may be better, I'd throw that one out as a placeholder. :)

Best regards!

quote:
Originally posted by ElfBane

This is the old Dudleyville site reborn. These maps are for the CRPG Baldur's Gate. They are probably not suitable for a DM guided play session.

quote:
Originally posted by cpthero2

Learned Scribe Ty,

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Ty

Thanks for any help.

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000