Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Baldur's Gate on mobile
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Erikor
Seeker

Norway
60 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2022 :  22:15:59  Show Profile Send Erikor a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I bought the mobile version of Baldur's Gate last year. It was fun, worked fine and all but the screen is just too small for some areas. I have a Samsung S9 with a 5.8 inch screen. I gave up at Durlag's Tower. With all the traps and tiny areas to explore it just doesn't work.
I'm getting a new phone later this year that will probably have a slightly bigger screen. Is it better with say a 6.4 inch screen?

Erikor
Seeker

Norway
60 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2022 :  23:29:27  Show Profile Send Erikor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can elaborate and say that the problem is hitting what you want on the screen. If you want a character to stand next to a wall in a tight place it's almost inpossible to press on the place you want. You either hit the wall or too far away from where you want.
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7966 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2022 :  02:44:10  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think it's better to play on a tablet, laptop, or desktop. Bigger screen. Maybe also real keyboard/etc which won't occupy precious on-screen real estate just to control and interact with the game.

I don't think a phone with a bigger screen will make much difference. A bigger postage stamp is better than a smaller postage stamp, sure, but it's still a postage stamp. Still limited in what can be displayed, you'll still be squinting at tiny pixels, you'll still be frustrated by clicking on tiny pixels. You're basically fighting the interface on your phone, why do you expect things will get better after "upgrading" (rescaling) to the same interface on your next phone?

I've never played this mobile port so I don't know how good or bad it might be. But the original versions of these games (on PC) sometimes require some tricky mouse-clicking on hidden objects which might be impossible to emulate on a small touchscreen.

There might be apps which enhance the pinch-zoom or magnify-zoom features of your device UI in ways which can improve your experience with this game.

[/Ayrik]

Edited by - Ayrik on 15 Apr 2022 15:00:28
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000