Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 Yawning Portal playset
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

John Daker
Seeker

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2021 :  22:32:14  Show Profile Send John Daker a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I don't know anybody who can afford to buy all this, but as a Realms junkie it somehow makes me really happy that it exists.

https://shop.wizkids.com/collections/the-yawning-portal

Kentinal
Great Reader

4684 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2021 :  22:46:16  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can not find them indicating trade mark for Forgotten Realms. I do see a claim to have worked with D&D however the site does not provide access to license. With that suspicion noted I am sure WotC would have shut down quickly if they did not have one. Just the credits are missing.

As for purchase some clearly can have the funds to spend that amount of money. The US is giving many there 600 USD to spend as a stimulus, it could be spent of this by some.

Edited by - Kentinal on 02 Jan 2021 22:47:00
Go to Top of Page

John Daker
Seeker

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2021 :  01:08:34  Show Profile Send John Daker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kentinal

I can not find them indicating trade mark for Forgotten Realms. I do see a claim to have worked with D&D however the site does not provide access to license. With that suspicion noted I am sure WotC would have shut down quickly if they did not have one. Just the credits are missing.

As for purchase some clearly can have the funds to spend that amount of money. The US is giving many there 600 USD to spend as a stimulus, it could be spent of this by some.

WotC isn’t branding as much with “Forgotten Realms” these days; mostly it’s all just “D&D” now. But this is definitely legitimately licensed. WizKids is a major producer of licensed D&D products these days, making board games and miniatures, among other things. And sure, there are certainly people who can buy all of this without blinking. Just none of the folks I hang out with.

Edited by - John Daker on 03 Jan 2021 01:10:01
Go to Top of Page

Returnip
Learned Scribe

221 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2021 :  10:12:32  Show Profile Send Returnip a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm confused. How much tactical movement is ever done in the Yawning Portal Inn proper anyway?

On the other hand you have different fingers.
Go to Top of Page

Delnyn
Senior Scribe

USA
883 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2021 :  14:05:02  Show Profile Send Delnyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Returnip

I'm confused. How much tactical movement is ever done in the Yawning Portal Inn proper anyway?

Maybe every day if Durnan is ousting a misbehaving guest.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000