Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Were any of the following novels ever printed?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Enthusior
Acolyte

Germany
19 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2020 :  10:29:56  Show Profile  Visit Enthusior's Homepage Send Enthusior a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi folks,

after years of collecting, I finally think that I have accumulated every novel of the realms there is on my shelf. But some old doubts creep back into my mind: Are the lists I used to track my progress actually complete?

Mostly I stuck to the fandom wiki (link below for reference).
Some of the mentioned novels are listed as having been released as ebook only, so I didn't mind them any further in my efforts. But in some cases I have doubts (sometimes backed up by obscure product listings somewhere else on the web).

I would be immensely greatful if anyone here (you, maybe?) could point
out if any of the following novels were actually released as a paperback ever. Or if they are aware of any novels that are missing on the fandom wikipedia.

Here goes the list:
Cold Steel and Secrets - Rosemary Jones - 2011
Prince of Ravens - Richard Baker - 2012
Shadowbane - Erik Scott de Bie - 2011 (ESPECIALLY DOUBTFUL!)
Shadowbane: Eye of Justice - Erik Scott de Bie - 2012
Spider and Stone - Jaleigh Johnson - 2012
Sword of the Gods: Spinner of Lies - Bruce R. Cordell - 2011

Your help is so appreciated!

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_novels_in_order_of_publication

Enthusior
Acolyte

Germany
19 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2020 :  11:02:13  Show Profile  Visit Enthusior's Homepage Send Enthusior a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh and also: I find it curious that "Murder in Halruaa" (Richard Meyers - 1996) seems to be the ONLY novel that was not released as paperback copy following its initial hard cover version. If anyone is aware of there being one after all, I would appreciate that piece of information as well. :)
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6641 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2020 :  14:08:27  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They were all released as e-books and I believe are still available on Amazon.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Enthusior
Acolyte

Germany
19 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2020 :  14:41:11  Show Profile  Visit Enthusior's Homepage Send Enthusior a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi George,

thank you for the reply.
Maybe I phrased my question ambiguously, so please let me clarify: I am aware that the mentioned books are available digitally. What I want to make sure of is that none of these ever had a printed copy, else my shelf collection of novels wouldn't be as complete as I'd like to think it is.
Or put differently: I'm trying to verify that there are no books out there that I neglected to hunt down because I didn't know about them.

Edited by - Enthusior on 15 Jul 2020 17:53:05
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6641 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2020 :  22:01:17  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There are no printed books out there.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2020 :  19:13:00  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ebook only. The release of Shadowbane was actually what made me break down and buy a Kindle lol. I still buy physical books, but my Kindle has certainly come in handy.

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

Enthusior
Acolyte

Germany
19 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2020 :  20:10:33  Show Profile  Visit Enthusior's Homepage Send Enthusior a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you guys.
With my confidence restored I now can bask in the presence of my bookshelf with the warm feeling of a long journey coming to an end. ;)

Only one challenge remains: Out of 285 realms novels to date, there are still many that I didn't read yet...
Go to Top of Page

Mirtek
Senior Scribe

595 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2020 :  19:49:20  Show Profile Send Mirtek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Enthusior

Oh and also: I find it curious that "Murder in Halruaa" (Richard Meyers - 1996) seems to be the ONLY novel that was not released as paperback copy following its initial hard cover version. If anyone is aware of there being one after all, I would appreciate that piece of information as well. :)

AFAIK it's paperback fel victim to the bankruptcy of TSR and the takeover of WotC. Somewhere in this process it was forgotten.

For years I dreamed about a cache of printed paperbacks that was produced and then forgotten in an old warehouse, but no luck.

A paperback version never existed :(
Go to Top of Page

Enthusior
Acolyte

Germany
19 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2020 :  12:43:52  Show Profile  Visit Enthusior's Homepage Send Enthusior a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you, that makes sense. It is indeed a pity indeed!
Go to Top of Page

Tanthalas
Senior Scribe

Portugal
508 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2020 :  20:55:51  Show Profile Send Tanthalas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cold Steel and Secrets was actually released in several parts. Not sure if all of them together have the size of a regular novel. I really loved the books by Rosemary Jones.

Sir Markham pointed out, drinking another brandy. "A chap who can point at you and say 'die' has the distinct advantage".
Go to Top of Page

Mirtek
Senior Scribe

595 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2020 :  20:45:03  Show Profile Send Mirtek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tanthalas

Cold Steel and Secrets was actually released in several parts. Not sure if all of them together have the size of a regular novel. I really loved the books by Rosemary Jones.

IIRC even all of the 4 (?) parts together are only half as long as the average FR novel
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2020 :  03:55:14  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Enthusior

Hi George,

thank you for the reply.
Maybe I phrased my question ambiguously, so please let me clarify: I am aware that the mentioned books are available digitally. What I want to make sure of is that none of these ever had a printed copy, else my shelf collection of novels wouldn't be as complete as I'd like to think it is.
Or put differently: I'm trying to verify that there are no books out there that I neglected to hunt down because I didn't know about them.

I'm with you on this one. Love the look of my paperback Realms book collection. Sadly I had to buy a few e-books as that was the only option.

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000