Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Game centered on Gods and Chosen
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

keftiu
Senior Scribe

656 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2020 :  22:07:51  Show Profile Send keftiu a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
This has been on my mind for a little while now: with the focus on the gods and their most powerful servants from the Time of Troubles onward, the setting has sometimes felt torn between these cosmic-scale plots and the reality of mundane adventuring supporting by the rules. Obviously D&D struggles to emulate things at this level of play - epic level and beyond in earlier editions, Epic tier in 4e - but I'm sure people have tried, and there's plenty of other systems that can scale up to such a level.

So I wanted to ask: have you ever played a game where the gods are front and center, and the PCs are notable and powerful in their designs? Possibly even a game where everyone is avatars or Chosen?

I'd love to discuss possible plot hooks and character concepts along the theme!

4e fangirl. Here to queer up the Realms.

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2020 :  22:39:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been tempted to run this concept for a game where the PCs are Avatars or Chosen during the Time of Troubles for awhile: https://quasarknight.blogspot.com/2016/07/weavebound-godbound-hack-for-forgotten.html

It uses Godbound, a very well-done hack of Basic/Expert D&D for playing avatar/demigod-level characters inspired by Exalted.
Go to Top of Page

keftiu
Senior Scribe

656 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2020 :  22:55:21  Show Profile Send keftiu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

I've been tempted to run this concept for a game where the PCs are Avatars or Chosen during the Time of Troubles for awhile: https://quasarknight.blogspot.com/2016/07/weavebound-godbound-hack-for-forgotten.html

It uses Godbound, a very well-done hack of Basic/Expert D&D for playing avatar/demigod-level characters inspired by Exalted.

So I've gotta ask: who would you play, personally?

4e fangirl. Here to queer up the Realms.
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2020 :  23:30:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by keftiu

quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

So I've gotta ask: who would you play, personally?

There's too many good choices to choose! This is part of why I DM, I can never narrow it down to just one character. Probably one of the goddesses, like Selune, Sune, or Shar.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000