Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Tyranny of Dragons will return in October
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2442 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2019 :  01:03:11  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
https://comicbook.com/gaming/2019/07/20/dungeons-and-dragons-tyranny-of-dragons-rerelease/

I hope they really fix this adventure. I've heard it sucks. I think I would repurpose it to the Old Empires area, tho.

Instead of seeking change, you prefer a void, merciless abyss of a world...

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2019 :  01:09:49  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've only seen positive reviews of it, but I personally felt it lacked consistency with FR lore. The article indicates that *my* issues with it won't be fixed, but I hope others are pleased with the revamp.

I'm curious why you think it would be suited to the Old Empires.
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2442 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2019 :  03:31:28  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Because Tiamat's "power base" in the Realms has always been Unther, and it returned to the Realms with 5e, I seen it fitting she would doing her return there. Also, I'm a bit tired of the Sword Coast at this point.

Instead of seeking change, you prefer a void, merciless abyss of a world...
Go to Top of Page

Derulbaskul
Senior Scribe

Singapore
408 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2019 :  07:19:36  Show Profile Send Derulbaskul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As the whole idea is based on a plotline from Dragons of Eberron and the Eberron hardcover will be released in October (?), it would be better to take this whole thing back to the world where the plot actually makes sense and set it in Eberron.

Cheers
D

NB: Please remember: A cannon is a big gun. Canon is what we discuss here.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2019 :  10:14:00  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Derulbaskul

As the whole idea is based on a plotline from Dragons of Eberron and the Eberron hardcover will be released in October (?), it would be better to take this whole thing back to the world where the plot actually makes sense and set it in Eberron.

What, leave things in the setting they originate in? That's a crazy idea! It'll never work! (Until they change their business model back to actually caring about setting lore as something other than a buffet)

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2019 :  21:11:30  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zeromaru X

Because Tiamat's "power base" in the Realms has always been Unther.

Yea, I can definitely see that.

Strangely I was fine with them setting it outside of the Old Empires, because summoning Tiamat to the Realms (wasn't that the objective?) should have been a much larger campaign and deserves more space. Plus they can't very well involve the Zhentarim and Harpers if it's set in Unther.

Of course, they shouldn't have used the Cult of the Dragon *at all* but here I start to get pretty ranty.
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2019 :  21:31:23  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Derulbaskul

Ah. More plainly I see. The reason it sucked this is.

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

What, leave things in the setting they originate in? That's a crazy idea! It'll never work! (Until they change their business model back to actually caring about setting lore as something other than a buffet)

Happen it will not.
Go to Top of Page

farinal
Learned Scribe

Turkey
270 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2020 :  08:44:34  Show Profile Send farinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Adventure is one of the weakest storylines of 5E but that new killer cover made me order it anyways.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000