Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 A novel a year
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alexander Clark
Learned Scribe

106 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2019 :  11:37:00  Show Profile Send Alexander Clark a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I remember people talking about Ed Greenwood having a contract for publishing a FR novel each year.

Last Ed's novel was published in 2016. What happened to the contract?

Seravin
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1265 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2019 :  13:32:52  Show Profile Send Seravin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I *think* I recall something about his work on the DM Guild qualifying as published works when we learned there was no novels coming (outside of Bob's) - as much as I would love for the IP to fall back into Ed of the Greenwood (my fellow Torontonian).

THO doesn't usually discuss RL contract/business on Candlekeep so we may never know what the deal is.
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4684 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2019 :  19:22:57  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What was said about the agreement. It was one novel a year or being compensated for not writing one.

Which if correct, Ed could agree not to write a novel for a dollar or 10,000. The terms of agreement not to write would need to be negotiated. If Ed was really too busy with other projects he could settle for a low sum. It takes time to write a novel. If Ed really wanted to write a novel, he could ask much higher price and if not getting it have to provide the novel.

We do not know the true contents of the entire contract. For example providing two novels one year might be good enough to not require a novel the next year. Also I am uncertain if contract says the written novel has to be published. It is possible that Ed has written many novels and they just have not being assigned a release date yet.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000