Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Scythian-like horsemen people in FR?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

moonbeast
Senior Scribe

USA
522 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2019 :  04:45:55  Show Profile Send moonbeast a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
For my FR campaign, I wanted to incorporate a people resembling the historical Scythian horsemen people/nation (kinda Indo-European and proto-Slavic).

I do not want them to resemble the Tuigan peoples of the Hordelands (which are described more like Mongolian-Turkic cultures) because the Mongol-like Tuigans of the Hordelands are very clearly described and fleshed out.

So, where do I place the (above) Scythian-like raiders in (contemporary 5E) Faerun? Would they be the an offshoot of the Rashemen? Semphar? Maybe Raumviran?

Thanks for input.

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2019 :  03:19:40  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd say the Nars would fit what you are looking for perhaps...but my choice would be the Barbarians of The Ride.

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2019 :  00:58:56  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was thinking the barbarians of The Ride as well.

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2019 :  01:23:11  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hoondatha

I was thinking the barbarians of The Ride as well.

The cover of the old grey box really could have been right out of "scythia" I feel.

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000