Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Candlekeep post-1487DR...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Grisix
Acolyte

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2018 :  08:46:06  Show Profile  Visit Grisix's Homepage Send Grisix a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Does anyone know if there is any official/canon information about Candlekeep post-1487DR, after the events from The Herald?

D&D 5th Edition GM
https://defenders-of-khelb.obsidianportal.com/

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2018 :  08:52:30  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
not to my knowledge

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

moonbeast
Senior Scribe

USA
522 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2018 :  20:29:08  Show Profile Send moonbeast a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The only official thing about Candlekeep is that it exists, it's still there (intact) like in prior editions. This is according to official 5th Edition sourcebooks and maps like SCAG, and also from WotC Official Cartographer Mike Schley's Forgotten Realms maps.

Do we know the inside details of Candlekeep? Are any of the Candlekeep inhabitants mentioned in detail in these books? Not that I'm aware. I have nearly every single 5th Edition published book, DMG, MM, PHB, SCAG, Volo's Guide, Xanathar's, and I even have Mordenkainen's Tome on pre-order, also own several of the campaigns like Curse of Strahd, Storm King's Thunder, etc.

I'm somewhat hopeful that Candlekeep may eventually get more extensive coverage in the near future. WotC seems to be very focused on fleshing out the "Western Faerun" regions, like Sword Coast and Western Heartlands.

Go to Top of Page

TomCosta
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
948 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2018 :  21:53:38  Show Profile Send TomCosta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Confrontation at Candlekeep was a D&D Next (5E test phase) adventure put out by WoTC. You should be able to find it on DM's Guild. It was a convention adventure, so don't expect a ton of lore, but Candlekeep exists. Also I think one of the Baldur's Gate video games detailed the interior of Candlekeep somewhat. Here's an image.... https://baldur-s-gate-tales-of-the-sword-coast.obsidianportal.com/wikis/candlekeep and here's another (bottom of the web page, not sure of the origin) https://legacyoftherealms.obsidianportal.com/characters/damascus.
Go to Top of Page

TomCosta
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
948 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2018 :  21:54:12  Show Profile Send TomCosta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Confrontation at Candlekeep was a D&D Next (5E test phase) adventure put out by WoTC. You should be able to find it on DM's Guild. It was a convention adventure, so don't expect a ton of lore, but Candlekeep exists. Also I think one of the Baldur's Gate video games detailed the interior of Candlekeep somewhat. Here's an image.... https://baldur-s-gate-tales-of-the-sword-coast.obsidianportal.com/wikis/candlekeep and here's another (bottom of the web page, not sure of the origin) https://legacyoftherealms.obsidianportal.com/characters/damascus.
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2018 :  22:44:11  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We're still here

As for the actual Keep LOL, I assume it still exists.

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

Balmar Foghaven
Learned Scribe

Canada
124 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2018 :  16:09:40  Show Profile Send Balmar Foghaven a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm, I somehow recall parts of the library collapsing during the events of the novel in which its wards were drained. Perhaps I am remembering things incorrectly, or perhaps they simply rebuilt? Several priceless texts would have been damaged if that were the case, some irreplaceable...

Also any word on if some archmage or other was able to restore the wards of Candlekeep after the events of the Herald?

"Despair not, for in the end all things shall work out for the best - in at least one timeline."
Go to Top of Page

mastermustard
Seeker

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2018 :  00:49:48  Show Profile Send mastermustard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's embarrassingly delapitated, I must say. Our cooks are missing, so we've been reduced to hunting and eating the many squirrels currently infesting the dungeons. Furthermore, I've been asking the groundskeeper to scrub out the chamberpots for months but with our wards down, he, along with the other nameless peasants in the Keep, have been preoccupied repelling half-hearted raids by the orc horde that's set-up camp outside. Mostly just exchanging insults over the walls. It's very hard to study amid the racket, let me tell you.
Go to Top of Page

Grisix
Acolyte

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2018 :  22:53:17  Show Profile  Visit Grisix's Homepage Send Grisix a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mastermustard

It's embarrassingly delapitated, I must say. Our cooks are missing, so we've been reduced to hunting and eating the many squirrels currently infesting the dungeons. Furthermore, I've been asking the groundskeeper to scrub out the chamberpots for months but with our wards down, he, along with the other nameless peasants in the Keep, have been preoccupied repelling half-hearted raids by the orc horde that's set-up camp outside. Mostly just exchanging insults over the walls. It's very hard to study amid the racket, let me tell you.

yes, but on the bright side, you can now eat cheese there without having to go to the open fields outside...

D&D 5th Edition GM
https://defenders-of-khelb.obsidianportal.com/
Go to Top of Page

moonbeast
Senior Scribe

USA
522 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2018 :  02:19:01  Show Profile Send moonbeast a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hostile Orcs camped outside? Insult them! Insult them I tell you. Their mothers smelled of elderberries and their fathers were hamsters gnomes, say to them!

And then fart in their general direction!
Go to Top of Page

Balmar Foghaven
Learned Scribe

Canada
124 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2018 :  15:29:25  Show Profile Send Balmar Foghaven a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by moonbeast

quote:

Hostile Orcs camped outside? Insult them! Insult them I tell you. Their mothers smelled of elderberries and their fathers were hamsters gnomes, say to them!

And then fart in their general direction!

And then perhaps catapult some cows at them! Just make sure they don't reciprocate with those nasty goblin-hucker devices some armies bring...

"Despair not, for in the end all things shall work out for the best - in at least one timeline."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000