Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Current Status of Mulhorand & Mulhorandi
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Divina
Acolyte

7 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2018 :  02:37:58  Show Profile Send Divina a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello dear Sages,

Does anyone know what the current (post Spellplague, post Second Sundering) status of Mulhorand and the Mulhorandi is? The FR wiki is very limited in the information it offers.

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2018 :  06:00:28  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There isn't a lot of info available for that part of the world as of 5e. All we know is 'its back'. In what capacity, strength, any changes, what precisely happened to all the Imaskari, how it is interacting with its neighbors (new & old), etc., etc, is up in the air for now (AFAIK).

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 19 Apr 2018 06:00:52
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2018 :  11:56:13  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
check the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide for the most information on the area. For nearby Unther, try the novels in the brimstone angels series.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Divina
Acolyte

7 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2018 :  12:33:51  Show Profile Send Divina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ouch, I was really hoping that someone here might know. Otoh, there not being any official information about it I guess gives me carte blanche to do whatever the hell I want with the campaign and make up my own answers. Thanks a lot Markustay & Sleyvas.

If anybody else knows anything answers are welcome. I am a slave to detail and research insofar as time allows me.
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2018 :  01:01:14  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Divina

Ouch, I was really hoping that someone here might know. Otoh, there not being any official information about it I guess gives me carte blanche to do whatever the hell I want with the campaign and make up my own answers. Thanks a lot Markustay & Sleyvas.

If anybody else knows anything answers are welcome. I am a slave to detail and research insofar as time allows me.

There's a lot of conjecture on what should be done, and if you look at the threads around here for the past 2 years or so you'll see a lot of them.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2018 :  15:39:10  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Acolyte Divina,

I would recommend, as many others as well, that you go back to the 2nd and 3rd material to utilize. The argument for this is that there has been enough time having passed to where things have sort of gotten back to being "better" again. Whatever that means.

This is WotC not wanting to churn out a ton of lore based material as it is expensive for them to do that. They can churn out adventures all day long, on the relative cheap, and not have to worry about all of the canon conflicts, immersion, etc. It is too bad, but I would just go back to that old material.

They will hopefully (WotC that is) learn there lesson at some point in treating the Realms this way, but it will take losses in the pocketbook to make that happen, and they obviously just are not there yet.

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Divina

Hello dear Sages,

Does anyone know what the current (post Spellplague, post Second Sundering) status of Mulhorand and the Mulhorandi is? The FR wiki is very limited in the information it offers.

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000