Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Minsc and Boo Miniature from GF9
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2018 :  20:56:57  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Is available for pre-order. I'm adding it to my Baldur's Gate for PC memorabilia collection.

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus

Gelcur
Senior Scribe

499 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2018 :  06:47:29  Show Profile  Visit Gelcur's Homepage Send Gelcur a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very cool. I would easily pay double or more if it would only come painted... I have absolutely no skill in that department.

The party come to a town befallen by hysteria

Rogue: So what's in the general store?
DM: What are you looking for?
Rogue: Whatevers in the store.
DM: Like what?
Rogue: Everything.
DM: There is a lot of stuff.
Rogue: Is there a cart outside?
DM: (rolls) Yes.
Rogue: We'll take it all, we may need it for the greater good.
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2018 :  15:29:55  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gelcur

Very cool. I would easily pay double or more if it would only come painted... I have absolutely no skill in that department.

I completely understand. It's not the same mini, not the same quality, but the Wizkids makes this one, if you're interested.

link

- Delwa Aunglor

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

moonbeast
Senior Scribe

USA
522 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2018 :  17:26:08  Show Profile Send moonbeast a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Delwa

quote:
Originally posted by Gelcur

I completely understand. It's not the same mini, not the same quality, but the Wizkids makes this one, if you're interested.

link

I have the pre-painted one from Wizkids. It's a "rare" random from the Tom of Annihilation set. Man I really hate the idea of randomized mini box sets. The paint job is reasonable, not great, but good enough that you can just make out Boo on his shoulder.

Although I will buy at least one "Brick of 8", which mostly guarantees at least several (around 3-5) coveted rares. And after I have the minis from the Brick, if I am still coveting 1 or 2 rares that I really must have, then I just look for the rare single on eBay, hoping to grab the lowest price should it arise.

Some of the rares that I got out of the box from the random blister packs (from my single Brick of 8 blister boxes):

Ras Nsi
Ultroloth
Valindra Shadowmantle
Dragonbait
Artus Cimber

Two rares that I purchased singly from eBay:
Minsc & Boo figure
Acererak

Edited by - moonbeast on 27 Jan 2018 17:29:28
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2018 :  05:43:20  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by moonbeast

I have the pre-painted one from Wizkids. It's a "rare" random from the Tom of Annihilation set. Man I really hate the idea of randomized mini box sets. The paint job is reasonable, not great, but good enough that you can just make out Boo on his shoulder.

Although I will buy at least one "Brick of 8", which mostly guarantees at least several (around 3-5) coveted rares. And after I have the minis from the Brick, if I am still coveting 1 or 2 rares that I really must have, then I just look for the rare single on eBay, hoping to grab the lowest price should it arise.

Some of the rares that I got out of the box from the random blister packs (from my single Brick of 8 blister boxes):

Ras Nsi
Ultroloth
Valindra Shadowmantle
Dragonbait
Artus Cimber

Two rares that I purchased singly from eBay:
Minsc & Boo figure
Acererak

Yeah, I've never liked the random boosters, either. Minsc I bought because, well, Minsc. I'm a sucker for all things related to the Beloved Ranger.

- Delwa Aunglor

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2018 :  06:14:28  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The amount of money I sunk into CCGs, back in the day, has burned me on the idea of buying anything blind. Now all I'll buy blind are the collectible Lego minifigures, and even then, I only get a handful without trying to determine by feel what is in the package.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2018 :  06:19:40  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aye. Considering the somewhat ridiculous prices WizKids charges for a booster pack, I just buy what I want online. Ten bucks for the exact rare I want versus 15 bucks for a booster that might not even have anything I want is a much better deal. I somehow extended that logic to buy the beholder mini that looks like the Xanathar from the cover of Waterdeep and the North. Still worth it, imo.

- Delwa Aunglor

Go to Top of Page

Gelcur
Senior Scribe

499 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2018 :  01:00:26  Show Profile  Visit Gelcur's Homepage Send Gelcur a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I also agree. Random packs at that price, I'd rather just buy what I want after market. The pre-painted D&D minis are very hit and miss in quality. I had bought a bunch during 3E that were very good quality including all the large Dragons, except for the Green one they never made .

Must say this Minsc one seems very muddy I'm going to pass. I don't mind paying an arm and a leg like I did for the dragons to get something super high quality.

The party come to a town befallen by hysteria

Rogue: So what's in the general store?
DM: What are you looking for?
Rogue: Whatevers in the store.
DM: Like what?
Rogue: Everything.
DM: There is a lot of stuff.
Rogue: Is there a cart outside?
DM: (rolls) Yes.
Rogue: We'll take it all, we may need it for the greater good.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000