Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 DM's Guild
 Ixinos, Island of Warrior Women
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2018 :  19:03:31  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
So after posting the Ixinos book for sale at DMs Guild, I have been thinking more about it.

I'd like to add additional content:

• A history (with stats) of the Bronze Dragon Xerene

• Details of the Cult of Hekaati (Mystra)

• A Notable NPCs section

There are are a few more things I'd like to add too...but that is the sum of it.

The current table of contents is:

Introduction -1-
Adventure Hooks -1-
The Isle of Ixinos -2-
Overview -2-
Provinces -3-
History -5-
Major Landmarks and Areas of Ixinos -9-
Woodlands -9-
- Death’s Trees -9-
- Dryad Woods -9-
- Glade of the Oreads -9-
- Mielikki’s Belt -10-
- The Keposeruma -10-
Mountains and Hills -11-
- Haunted Hills -11-
- Hiipolyta Mountains -11-
- Mount Krinaia -12-
- Mount Mytikas -12-
- Mount Naiad -13-
- Mount Pelios -13-
Waters of Ixinos -14-
- Eleion Marsh -14-
- Lyrna Mere -14-
- Pallas Bay -14-
- Selune’s Mirrors -15-
- Umbral Bog -15-
Interior Land Areas -15-
- Adonian Herdlands -15-
- Chauntea’s Gardens -16-
- Horse Lands -16-
- Lliira’s Orchards -16-
- Verdant Dell -17-
- Tyche’s Vineyard -17-
Major Coastal Landmarks -17-
- Aegina -17-
- Charon’s Reef -17-
- Cordis -18-
- Forlorn Shore -18-
- Helestria’s Hammer -19-
- Hippocampus -19-
- Loviatar’s Cliffs -19-
- Ptolsia -19-
- Raynal’s Beach -19-
- Saardia -20-
- Saphos -20-
- Siren Isle -20-
- Cliffs of Fury -20-
- Harpy’s Rocks -20-
- Sea Caves -20-
- Triton Shoals -20-
- Umberlee’s Talons -21-
Civilization’s Landmarks -21-
- Eldathion -21-
- Tor of Taramax -21-
The Ixinosan Military -22-
The She-Wolves -26-
The Ixinosan Scroll of Years -27-
Character Creation Section -31-
Spell Casters of Ixinos -31-
Ixinosan Clan Member -32-
Other Ixinosan Backgrounds -32-
Non-Human Races -33-
Black and White Map of Ixinos -34-
Map of the Sea of Fallen Stars -35-

Does anyone have any suggestions for things they would like to see added?

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36775 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2018 :  20:15:37  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Even though I had a copy from back in the day, I recently purchased this from the DM's Guild. I've not been able to really sit down and read it, though, so I've no input other than to say that the backstory of a dragon is always welcome.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2018 :  21:02:42  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Even though I had a copy from back in the day, I recently purchased this from the DM's Guild. I've not been able to really sit down and read it, though, so I've no input other than to say that the backstory of a dragon is always welcome.

Thanks for buying it Wooly...though I'm afraid since you already had a copy you won't get much use out of it unless you play 5e. I only put a few things new in the book.

That's the main reason I decided that it needed expanded material.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36775 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2018 :  22:21:32  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dalor Darden

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Thanks for buying it Wooly...though I'm afraid since you already had a copy you won't get much use out of it unless you play 5e. I only put a few things new in the book.

That's the main reason I decided that it needed expanded material.

Well, I decided I wanted the newest copy, and I do believe in giving the appropriate support to folks.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7963 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2018 :  01:48:52  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Why Mystra? She doesn't seem like a deity particularly concerned with things like hunting and survival and warlike tribal stuff.

Some kind of deity more like Artemis/Diana would seem more Amazonian to me. It would be natural for a matriarchal society to prefer a female deity, perhaps Selune or perhaps even a female aspect of Malar, Talos, Tempus? Perhaps even Auril or Umberlee, if these Amazons are of the island/ocean variety?

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1151 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2018 :  03:07:54  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My daughter is going to be so happy to finally be able to play Wonder Woman in FR!

Follow the Maztica (Aztec/Maya) and Anchorome (Indigenous North America) Campaigns on DMsGuild!

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2018 :  03:38:46  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anyone who has purchased this product (like Wooly) - if you want the full-Res copy of the map, I can send it to you. The pdf maker doesn't do such a great job converting. Just PM me. Its exclusive to this product (I won't post it anywhere else), and even if you aren't interested in Ixinos itself, the map can prove very useful if you are running any sort of campaign set on the Sea of Fallen Stars.

And YES, I know... I need to set-up MY DMsGuild account... I keep forgetting I am going to need it soon for my own stuff.

Also, what did you do about the 4e era? Just ignore it? Because all three islands look like they were stuck together, and connected to Turmish in 4e. That's kind-of a big deal (unless we just say the maps exaggerated the damage).

quote:
Originally posted by Ayrik

Why Mystra? She doesn't seem like a deity particularly concerned with things like hunting and survival and warlike tribal stuff.

Some kind of deity more like Artemis/Diana would seem more Amazonian to me. It would be natural for a matriarchal society to prefer a female deity, perhaps Selune or perhaps even a female aspect of Malar, Talos, Tempus? Perhaps even Auril or Umberlee, if these Amazons are of the island/ocean variety?
There are worshipers of many of the female gods, its just that the Mages revere an Olympian aspect of Mystra.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2018 :  03:41:40  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ayrik

There are 12 female goddesses worshiped by the Ixinosans...it is just that the Cult of Hekaati might intermix with the outside world more.

Go to Top of Page

ivan_fraustro
Acolyte

Mexico
1 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2019 :  22:47:54  Show Profile Send ivan_fraustro a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi, is there a way to get the Isle of Ixinos material since it is no longer available at DMsGuild?
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2019 :  19:49:48  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have it still.

I’ll send you a copy.

Send me a PM with your email.

Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2019 :  04:32:51  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As Irony would have it...fate or what have you...

I don't have a copy of the 5e version of Ixinos that I published on DMsGuild.

The primary file is currently on the drive of a dead computer. I'll have it back after I take the hard drive out and covert it to a portable drive; but until then I don't have the current copy.

Anyone has my permission to share their copy if they would like.

Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2019 :  18:35:16  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ixinos is back on DMs Guild...updates are pending

EDIT: the stat blocks I had are all jacked up

Edited by - Dalor Darden on 14 Mar 2019 16:11:00
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000