Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 New Podcast: Reading the Realms
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ReadingTheRealms
Acolyte

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2017 :  14:21:01  Show Profile Send ReadingTheRealms a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well met, everyone! I am the host of a relatively new podcast called Reading the Realms. We are a book club podcast that is reading the novels in publication order and then discussing them on the show. Our most recent episode covers Azure Bonds and I will provide a link below to the SoundCloud page so that you can have a listen. We are also available on iTunes/apple podcasts and google play podcasts.

https://soundcloud.com/user-538023235/episode-5-azure-bonds

We are by no means experts when it comes to realmslore, just longtime fans of the books and the setting, So please forgive our less than comprehensive knowledge of characters and history.

The goal with this monthly show is to create a book club style format with listeners reading along and sending in their thoughts, opinions, and any fun lore so that we can read it out and discuss it on the show in talkback episodes. You can email us at readingtherealms@gmail.com and we are also on twitter: @ReadingFR

So I hope you will listen, enjoy, and join us on our journey!

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1232 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2017 :  00:27:06  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Subscribed on Google Play! Looking forward to listening as I drive about this Material Plane.

- Delwa Aunglor of Tangled Trees
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus

My Forging the Realms Archives (Google Drive pdfs)
Go to Top of Page

Murray Leeder
Forgotten Realms Author

Canada
222 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2017 :  13:36:43  Show Profile  Visit Murray Leeder's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ReadingTheRealms

Well met, everyone! I am the host of a relatively new podcast called Reading the Realms. We are a book club podcast that is reading the novels in publication order and then discussing them on the show. Our most recent episode covers Azure Bonds and I will provide a link below to the SoundCloud page so that you can have a listen. We are also available on iTunes/apple podcasts and google play podcasts.

We are by no means experts when it comes to realmslore, just longtime fans of the books and the setting, So please forgive our less than comprehensive knowledge of characters and history.

The goal with this monthly show is to create a book club style format with listeners reading along and sending in their thoughts, opinions, and any fun lore so that we can read it out and discuss it on the show in talkback episodes. You can email us at readingtherealms@gmail.com and we are also on twitter: @ReadingFR

I came across it little while back and have already listened to a few. It's great fun, covering novels I read when I was much younger (Azure Bonds was the first Realms novel I ever read, I think, sometime in the early 1990s) and have nostalgia for but am unlikely to reread soon. The commentary is eloquent and entertaining from what I've heard. Hope you get to my fiction at some point (though I doubt it will be any time soon!).
Go to Top of Page

ReadingTheRealms
Acolyte

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2017 :  14:44:49  Show Profile Send ReadingTheRealms a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Delwa

Subscribed on Google Play! Looking forward to listening as I drive about this Material Plane.

Hey thanks for subscribing! It's good for long drives as they tend to be long episodes.

Co-Host of Reading The Realms: A Forgotten Realms Book Club Podcast

Find us on iTunes, Google Play Podcasts, and SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/user-538023235
Go to Top of Page

ReadingTheRealms
Acolyte

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2017 :  14:47:09  Show Profile Send ReadingTheRealms a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Murray Leeder

quote:

I came across it little while back and have already listened to a few. It's great fun, covering novels I read when I was much younger (Azure Bonds was the first Realms novel I ever read, I think, sometime in the early 1990s) and have nostalgia for but am unlikely to reread soon. The commentary is eloquent and entertaining from what I've heard. Hope you get to my fiction at some point (though I doubt it will be any time soon!).

Hi Murray, thank you so much for the kind words about the show! You're right, it may be some time before we get to your works, but may I keep you in mind for an author interview when we get there?

Go to Top of Page

Murray Leeder
Forgotten Realms Author

Canada
222 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2017 :  15:15:30  Show Profile  Visit Murray Leeder's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Hi Murray, thank you so much for the kind words about the show! You're right, it may be some time before we get to your works, but may I keep you in mind for an author interview when we get there?

Count me in!
Go to Top of Page

BountyHunter
Seeker

Canada
49 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2017 :  23:32:56  Show Profile Send BountyHunter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's about time somebody did this. Will definitely check it out.
Go to Top of Page

Duneth Despana
Learned Scribe

Belgium
258 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2017 :  07:51:09  Show Profile Send Duneth Despana a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Excellent! I'll be reading along with the books I do have. Having great guests like Elaine on the show sounds truly promising!

« There is no overriding « epic » in the Realms, but rather a large number of stories, adventures, and encounters going on all the time. [...]. Each creative mind adds to the base, creating, defining, and making their contribution to the rich diversity of the Realms. [...]. But Ed built the stage upon which all the plays are presented. Thanks Ed. » -FR Comic no.1
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2290 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2017 :  00:31:15  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage Send ElaineCunningham a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Count me in!

Me, too. I'd be happy to contribute to the project when you get to Elfshadow.
Go to Top of Page

ReadingTheRealms
Acolyte

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2017 :  13:50:39  Show Profile Send ReadingTheRealms a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ElaineCunningham

quote:

Count me in!

Me, too. I'd be happy to contribute to the project when you get to Elfshadow.

Hi Elaine,

Thank you SO much for the offer! We will definitely be sure to reach out about an interview when we get to Elfshadow.

Go to Top of Page

ReadingTheRealms
Acolyte

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2017 :  14:32:51  Show Profile Send ReadingTheRealms a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey folks, Episode 6 of the Reading the Realms podcast is out now! We cover the second book of the Iceland Dale Trilogy - Streams of Silver by R.A. Salvatore.

We're also still taking your thoughts and opinions for our next Reader's Circle episode too so if you want to chime in on Azure Bonds, Streams of Silver, or Darkwell, shoot us an email at readingtherealms@gmail.com and we'll read it on the show. You can find the podcast and subscribe to it on Apple iTunes Podcasts, Google Play Podcasts, and SoundCloud.

Episode 6 Link.
https://soundcloud.com/user-538023235/episode-6-streams-of-silver

Happy Reading!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: