Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Do the "children" of Deepspawn age normally?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Raenon DysVarion
Acolyte

6 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2017 :  16:41:07  Show Profile  Visit Raenon DysVarion's Homepage Send Raenon DysVarion a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I poked through as many of the older discussions of Deepspawn and how their spawning abilities work as I could and wasn't able to spot an answer for this that leans one way or another.

The spawn are nearly identical to the original, with dim memories of their past life. Would they carry on aging normally from that point?

This becomes particularly important when you're dealing with spawns of creatures that could live for a long time such as dragons. If you fed a wyrmling to a Deepspawn and it spawned more young dragons would they continue their lifecycle as dragons normally?

TomCosta
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
954 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2017 :  19:47:22  Show Profile Send TomCosta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would think so.
Go to Top of Page

redking
Learned Scribe

131 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2017 :  19:08:03  Show Profile Send redking a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, it's a normal creature of its type.
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2017 :  19:42:31  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Raenon DysVarion

I poked through as many of the older discussions of Deepspawn and how their spawning abilities work as I could and wasn't able to spot an answer for this that leans one way or another.

The spawn are nearly identical to the original, with dim memories of their past life. Would they carry on aging normally from that point?

This becomes particularly important when you're dealing with spawns of creatures that could live for a long time such as dragons. If you fed a wyrmling to a Deepspawn and it spawned more young dragons would they continue their lifecycle as dragons normally?

And that's how we got the messed up dragons... see there were waayyy too many wyrmlings created from one dragon, but people didn't realize, and they had kids with other dragons... which was fine... but then some of the children of THOSE pairings mated, and they were in essence half-brother/sisters of one another. Then some of those mated with other half-brother/sisters mated... and that's how we ended up with 2 headed deep dragons.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2020 :  00:10:58  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Acolyte DysVarion,

Though I was laughing pretty richly upon reading Great Reader sleyvas' reply, I have to agree, legitimately:

the pool could get a little messed up. Of course, it is a Deepspawn, so I am unsure if that matters all that much?

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Raenon DysVarion

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000