Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Halfling novels?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BountyHunter
Seeker

Canada
61 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2017 :  13:29:28  Show Profile Send BountyHunter a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Are there any novels with halflings as the main characters? Or ones where they feature quite prominently? I know about Regis in the Drizzt books, but any other ones?

I love halflings, probably cuz I was into Tolkien way before I even heard of Dungeons and Dragons.

Brian R. James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2017 :  14:59:30  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Wyvern's Spur, second novel in the Finder's Stone trilogy prominently features the halfling Olive Ruskettle.

Brian R. James - Freelance Game Designer

Follow me on Twitter @brianrjames

Edited by - Brian R. James on 20 Mar 2017 14:59:49
Go to Top of Page

BountyHunter
Seeker

Canada
61 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2017 :  16:02:35  Show Profile Send BountyHunter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice, Finder's Stone was on my list of books to track down anyway. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

PaulSKemp
Forgotten Realms Author

808 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2017 :  19:11:11  Show Profile  Visit PaulSKemp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BountyHunter

Are there any novels with halflings as the main characters? Or ones where they feature quite prominently? I know about Regis in the Drizzt books, but any other ones?

I love halflings, probably cuz I was into Tolkien way before I even heard of Dungeons and Dragons.

Jak Fleet (priest/rogue of Brandobaris) features prominently in The Erevis Cale Trilogy.
Go to Top of Page

BountyHunter
Seeker

Canada
61 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2017 :  19:47:42  Show Profile Send BountyHunter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Erevis Cale? I'm unfamiliar with that character, Paul, although the name is familiar. Is he from The Godborn novel?
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2017 :  20:38:22  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BountyHunter

Erevis Cale? I'm unfamiliar with that character, Paul, although the name is familiar. Is he from The Godborn novel?

He's the star of his own trilogy, after being the breakout character from the Sembia series. Both series are rather popular, in these halls.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

BountyHunter
Seeker

Canada
61 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2017 :  23:10:51  Show Profile Send BountyHunter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yay, more to add to the list. It's getting a bit large very quickly, I think I need to slow down. Lol

Edit: Maybe not. More damn out of print stuff. And the prices are ridiculous on ebay, especially for books that look like somebody dropped them in the toilet or rolled over on them in bed a hundred times. Ugh, I hate it when companies let stuff go out of print.

Edited by - BountyHunter on 20 Mar 2017 23:44:27
Go to Top of Page

KanzenAU
Senior Scribe

Australia
763 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2017 :  00:09:22  Show Profile Send KanzenAU a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know book collections are sexy, but ebooks will still sate your hunger!
Edit: plus, the author should still get some royalties as opposed to buying second hand.

Regional maps for Waterdeep, Triboar, Ardeep Forest, and Cormyr on DM's Guild, plus a campaign sized map for the North

Edited by - KanzenAU on 21 Mar 2017 00:11:44
Go to Top of Page

BountyHunter
Seeker

Canada
61 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2017 :  00:15:02  Show Profile Send BountyHunter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hate ebooks. Hate them. With a passion.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000