Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Article Submission Questions
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2016 :  05:08:06  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Good evening Divine Hand of Oghma Alaundo,

I write you in the hopes that I may attain answers to questions regarding academic submissions of lore to the vaults of shelves of this famed institution.

1) What criteria must be met to have submissions for canon, accepted?

2) Are there fields of study, i.e. flora, fauna, geography, religion, that the Library has identified as academically interesting topics either unwritten about, or missing desired depth that I could reference?

3) For canon submissions, what kind of peer-reviewed process exists for acceptance of an interesting article, journal, etc.?

4) Are there proprietary formats for submissions, or do you use formats such as MLA, APA, Harvard, etc.?

Thank you greatly for your time,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2016 :  10:05:39  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, cpthero2

Many thanks for your post and questions and welcome to Candlekeep.

1) We're not the authority on accepting work to stamp as canon. Of course, work may be based on canon and a fan submission simply an expansion on such.
2) Oh we have a vast array of subjects within Candlekeep, including all the areas you mentioned, so basically anything goes and all is appreciated by fellow scribes. I'd say simply focus on what you're more passionate about, as a writer.
3) For submissions to the site, it is simply submitted and reviewed by myself. Any material for the Candlekeep Compendium was reviewed by myself and intense review and proofreading by Wooly Rupert.
4) Microsoft Word document or PDF is preferable as a format. The content layout is left to the author. There are no restrictions on layout, font etc.

Thanks again. I'll look forward to hearing from you. Please feel free to email me on alaundo@candlekeep.com if you wish to discuss further and for sending any submissions.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly