Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Bug report, cannot reply to PMs
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7966 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2016 :  01:34:07  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I can "Receive" (read) and "Delete" a Private Message, but I cannot Reply to it. I thought there used to be a "Reply" button?

I can "View Profile" for the PM sender but I cannot "Email Poster". More correctly, I can "Send an E-MAIL Message" (in the pop-up) which simply crashes the entire page.

Same issues in two operating systems running four browsers (including two "plain vanilla" browsers which run purely on default settings). Clearing caches, cookies, etc doesn't remedy the issue. So I'm inclined to think it's a bug in the server-side code.

[/Ayrik]

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2016 :  03:32:29  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Do you have a lot of PMs? I think this came up once before, and it was basically that the mailbox was full.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2016 :  04:24:11  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It may be likely that I was the intended recipient. My Inbox is not full.

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2016 :  08:55:34  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Does this happen for every PM you try to reply to? Members can switch off Private Messaging which will prevent you from responding.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly