Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Cool, cool, cool, and most excellent R.A.S.
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bellua Aeneus Lacerta
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2004 :  19:08:05  Show Profile  Visit Bellua Aeneus Lacerta's Homepage Send Bellua Aeneus Lacerta a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Thanks for the more than personalized edition of "Homeland".

...and the cover is the best one yet

---Scimitars High!

--Aeneus

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2004 :  20:00:05  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
<insert envious smiley here>
Sounds great Bellua (long time no see, by the way)

So whats the novel presentation like? I had asked to its format a couple of days ago. How are the annotations presented?

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Bellua Aeneus Lacerta
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2004 :  23:16:36  Show Profile  Visit Bellua Aeneus Lacerta's Homepage Send Bellua Aeneus Lacerta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*from the cover*

--With an exclusive interview of the author, and an introduction by Ed G.,...etc--

No annotations that I've found,
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2004 :  08:33:50  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bellua Aeneus Lacerta

*from the cover*

--With an exclusive interview of the author, and an introduction by Ed G.,...etc--

No annotations that I've found,

Surely not!? This doesnt sound good at all!!! I was expecting a LOT from this release, maybe this will be one product with an FR logo that I wont be buying after all..... i have 3 copies of Homeland as it is!

Lord Rad

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2004 :  08:43:10  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rad

Surely not!? This doesnt sound good at all!!! I was expecting a LOT from this release, maybe this will be one product with an FR logo that I wont be buying after all..... i have 3 copies of Homeland as it is!

Well met

Now now, Rad. Realmslore is Realmslore, remember

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

fanatic
Acolyte

Austria
34 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2004 :  13:12:27  Show Profile  Visit fanatic's Homepage Send fanatic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
so what is it that should make us buy the new edition of "homeland"?

arenīt there any commands in which r.a. explains how he got to letting his chars do what tehy do?

i tought: "Each title features annotations by the author......"

so whatīs new about that version??????

even fantasy has itīs limits
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2004 :  15:21:51  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fanatic

so what is it that should make us buy the new edition of "homeland"?

arenīt there any commands in which r.a. explains how he got to letting his chars do what tehy do?

i tought: "Each title features annotations by the author......"

so whatīs new about that version??????

I think we've been led up the garden path with this one. Im not happy about this at all, The Dark Elf Trilogy was a great series and I was looking forward to quite a bit of extra background and information on RAS's writing within these versions

Lord Rad

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2004 :  09:46:52  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is indeed disturbing...

I was just looking over my copy of the personalised edition of "Homeland", and was disappointed by the lack of actual "personalised" background information.

As a collector, I will most likely purchase the other novels in the trilogy, but my excitement for these items has now dropped dramatically...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2004 :  10:10:23  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

This is indeed disturbing...

I was just looking over my copy of the personalised edition of "Homeland", and was disappointed by the lack of actual "personalised" background information.

As a collector, I will most likely purchase the other novels in the trilogy, but my excitement for these items has now dropped dramatically...

Not quite on the same level and quality of the annotated DL novels you mentioned previously then Sage?

I think WotC must have initially set out with the intentions of producing the same format as the DL novels but RAS's schedule may have not allowed it. I suggest we quiz RAS on this issue over on his personal thread upon his return It just doesnt add up to expectations.

Lord Rad

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2004 :  12:18:18  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not entirely sure on the exact details Rad, but if I remember correctly, Tracy Hickman and Margaret Weis were approached 'especially' to craft their own notes and annotations for the 'Collector's Editions' of Chronicles and Legends. From what I can gather, if WotC had not approached the two authors, the DL Annotated novels would have come off the publisher's line in much the same way, and looked much like this new Homeland reprint...

Perhaps WotC did not make the same effort of asking RAS to include some nice 'fancy' extras for this series of reprints...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2004 :  14:11:43  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So what is in the novel then Sage? Other than the actual story itself, what other sections are contained within?

Although being a huge Realms collector, im thinking of giving these new reprints a miss....please try and talk me round!

Lord Rad

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000