Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Cormyr 1489 DR WIP
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JohnLynch
Learned Scribe

Australia
243 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2015 :  11:16:49  Show Profile Send JohnLynch a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I purchased a copy of the Sword Coast map from Mike Schley's website which includes an unlabeled version of the map. Since then I've been adding the towns, cities and ruins of Cormyr into it. Here's how far I've gotten thus far.

My primary sources have been Volo's Guide to Cormyr with secondary sources including the 1479 DR Cormyr map as a secondary source.

DM of the Realms: A blog for my Forgotten Realms adventures.

JohnLynch
Learned Scribe

Australia
243 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2015 :  04:08:06  Show Profile Send JohnLynch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've made some updates since the last post, here it is. They include:
* Abandoned Keep has been renamed.
* Some towns were added near Marsember.
* Redwood forest was added near Slingdyke.

I've added Markus Tay's stonelands map to the list of secondary sources after spotting Gwarch map on the 4th ed Cormyr map. I don't know what era Markus made this for, but the Redwoods has been referred to in my campaign and it's included in Markus' map. If anyone would like a copy of the current map WIP without the Redwood Forest let me know.

DM of the Realms: A blog for my Forgotten Realms adventures.

Edited by - JohnLynch on 16 Nov 2015 04:08:42
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2015 :  05:37:13  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That Cormyr map looks pretty good.

It's unfortunate Schley's map seems to have omitted the Stonelands.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6643 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2015 :  05:57:57  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wish Schley would do an Impiltur map. I wonder if he takes private commissions ...?

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Rymac
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2015 :  06:16:06  Show Profile  Visit Rymac's Homepage Send Rymac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

I wish Schley would do an Impiltur map. I wonder if he takes private commissions ...?

-- George Krashos

Do you think we'll ever get an update in the eastern and southern regions of Faerun? I think we'll eventually see updated info on Tethyr, Calimshan, the Vilhon Reach, Thay, Unther, and Mulhorand. Whether they are all in the same book IDK...

- Ryan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000