Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Valley of Klaldson? Markustay's north map?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2013 :  23:55:22  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I was using one of Markustay's Realms maps..

http://markustay.deviantart.com/art/The-North-v1-2-341849100

To set some stuff up in the North and was thinking about using the Valley of Klaldson.. just west of the Moonwood. I can't find any source info on it.

Anyone got anything?

"Evil prevails when good men fail to act."
The original and unapologetic Arilyn, Aribeth, Seoni Fanboy.

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2013 :  04:13:26  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The interactive atlas has it, as Valley of Klaidson. Not sure if Markus has another source.
Go to Top of Page

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2013 :  04:53:46  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well that's helpful.. but I'm not finding anything on Klaidson either.

Edited by - SirUrza on 23 Sep 2013 05:34:47
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2013 :  14:20:46  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Its Klaidson on the map as well - its just some weirdness with scaling that font.

I must have gotten it from the Atlas - I can't find it in my notes, nor on any canon (print) map. Also searched the five most obvious sources. I would ask George Krashos or Eric Boyd - they seem to have the most extensive notes on obscure FR references dealing with The North, and Eric was the one that was 'in-charge' of keeping the atlas up-to-date, IIRC.

EDIT:
Also just checked the Nethril box -nothing there either (just some vague reference on the map saying that there is a well around there that orcs use a lot).

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 23 Sep 2013 14:30:37
Go to Top of Page

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2013 :  05:07:22  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If there's nothing there beside a well with orcs, that's perfect actually. :)

Thanks.

Edited by - SirUrza on 24 Sep 2013 05:07:35
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6643 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2013 :  00:52:19  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nothing in the FR Interactive Atlas is un-canonical. Eric Boyd provided a huge number of further references which were included in the update. I have (somewhere) his breakdown of all the additional places to go into the Atlas and the references where they were derived from. Given I'm on holidays next week, I'll try and dig up my folders out of storage and see if there is anything there. It'll be obscure, as nothing immediately springs to mind.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus

Edited by - George Krashos on 27 Sep 2013 00:52:48
Go to Top of Page

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2013 :  17:56:51  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Obscure is fine. :)

Go to Top of Page

Barastir
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1600 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2017 :  18:05:11  Show Profile Send Barastir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Any news on this? I'm curious...

"Goodness is not a natural state, but must be
fought for to be attained and maintained.
Lead by example.
Let your deeds speak your intentions.
Goodness radiated from the heart."

The Paladin's Virtues, excerpt from the "Quentin's Monograph"
(by Ed Greenwood)
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6643 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2017 :  09:23:38  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I did have a look and can't find these notes. Given that they were attached to an e-mail I received 6 or so computers ago, the only person who would conceivably have them is Eric.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2017 :  14:39:28  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What!!! You don't have everything you or everyone else has written in an orderly searchable format. How dare you sir!

Just kidding. You know, its amazing how many times I've had to find something only through online sources like candlekeep where I allowed them to have a copy of something I wrote up... or where I wrote up a conversation and meant to include it in something I was working on, only to forget, get sidetracked, etc... There's so many concepts that I've written up here on these forums alone that has yet to make it into some of the lore I'd like to create. For instance, that side conversation about the vremyonni and how I picture their "culture" that's going on in another thread right now. I feel like just through talking things out, we're fleshing out an obscure portion of Rashemi culture with basic questions that we should ask ourselves in design, but it appears to take 20+ years to bring the question to the fore.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2020 :  06:17:57  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mater SirUrza,

Do you happen to have an updated link for this?

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by SirUrza

I was using one of Markustay's Realms maps..

http://markustay.deviantart.com/art/The-North-v1-2-341849100

To set some stuff up in the North and was thinking about using the Valley of Klaldson.. just west of the Moonwood. I can't find any source info on it.

Anyone got anything?

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000