Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 lady polaris
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

barry
Acolyte

South Africa
27 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2003 :  09:39:50  Show Profile  Visit barry's Homepage Send barry a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
did lady polaris survive the fall of netheril, as the timeline mentions her birth but not her death?

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2003 :  22:39:01  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage Send The Cardinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
....Who? Please Identify this person if you will. I don't think This is a name a recognize. Is she in someway related to the greatest mage that has ever graced Toril? .... (of course I'm talking about Karsus).

It has to be Certain, the Gods Hate Me. For whatever irrevokable Fate, I have been made the walking Joke. Either that, or Beshaba is overlyfond Of Me.
-Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Cyric
Senior Scribe

Norway
388 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2004 :  20:30:02  Show Profile  Visit Cyric's Homepage Send Cyric a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No one knew that one ay
Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2004 :  20:35:53  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Who I'm sorry, but I don't believe I recognize that name, and Deimos, KARSUS RULES!!!!!!

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.
Go to Top of Page

Malaug
Acolyte

Australia
20 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2004 :  13:32:38  Show Profile  Visit Malaug's Homepage Send Malaug a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No Lady Polaris did not survive the fall of Netheril because she was dead before it happened. She died a few days before the fall actually happened. Poisoned is seemed while living in Karsus' enclave. I cannot give exact dates, but it was the same year that Netheril fell.

It is mentioned in Dangeorus Games, the 2nd book in the Arcane Age trilogy.
Go to Top of Page

VEDSICA
Senior Scribe

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2004 :  03:31:38  Show Profile  Visit VEDSICA's Homepage Send VEDSICA a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I thought Lady Polaris died in her fight with Sysquemalyn,her apprentice????Darn it!!I don't remember.

LIFE,BIRTH,BLOOD,DOOM---THE HOLE IN THE GROUND IS COMING ROUND SOON----BLS
Go to Top of Page

Teflon
Seeker

60 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2004 :  06:56:12  Show Profile  Visit Teflon's Homepage Send Teflon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Polaris’s beauty was not to last, however. As the close of the
Shadowed Aged loomed ever larger in the horizon, her once slim
and defined figure began to mutate into obesity. She became
obsessed with assassination plots and pretty much locked herself
away from the “suitors” that kept calling on her.

Even when Candlemas, her trusted servant who was propelled
into the future by Karsus, arrived to talk to her, she could see
nothing but fear, treachery, and deceit. She huddled in her castle
until the End of the End claimed her."

Her death date was 3520

This was from the Netheril Empire of Magic campagain book.

In any battle, the mightiest weapon is one that strikes unseen.

A Warrior or Wizard may be invincible in open battle, with their foes before them, but even they must sleep sometime, and cannot parry the knife that comes from behind.

-The life of a assassin.
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2018 :  16:35:08  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Seeker Teflon,

I believe Lady Polaris' death was in her castle, on the day of Karsus' Folly, due to fear: effectively had a heart attack, from what it sounds like. Does that sound correct to you?

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Teflon

"Polaris’s beauty was not to last, however. As the close of the
Shadowed Aged loomed ever larger in the horizon, her once slim
and defined figure began to mutate into obesity. She became
obsessed with assassination plots and pretty much locked herself
away from the “suitors” that kept calling on her.

Even when Candlemas, her trusted servant who was propelled
into the future by Karsus, arrived to talk to her, she could see
nothing but fear, treachery, and deceit. She huddled in her castle
until the End of the End claimed her."

Her death date was 3520

This was from the Netheril Empire of Magic campagain book.

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2018 :  22:57:29  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No. She died because the magic keeping her alive failed.
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2018 :  22:59:51  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Master Mage,

I'm glad you set me straight on that: thank you.

Where might I find that information? It looks like what I found was incorrect based on your insight.

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by The Masked Mage

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2020 :  16:36:42  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Master Mage,

It looks like the exact death was identified in Netheril: Empire of Magic (Winds of Netheril), p.112. She died in -339DR at the old age of 1168.

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by The Masked Mage

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000