Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 TREASURE HUNT N4 MODULE CONVERSION TO 3.5 EDITION
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BARDOBARBAROS
Senior Scribe

Greece
581 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2011 :  16:00:59  Show Profile  Visit BARDOBARBAROS's Homepage Send BARDOBARBAROS a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Does anyone has converted the above adventure to 3.5 edition or 3.0 edition and has it available???

BARDOBARBAROS DOES NOT KILL.
HE DECAPITATES!!!

"The city changes, but the fools within it remain always the same" (Edwin Odesseiron- Baldur's gate 2)

Tyranthraxus
Senior Scribe

Netherlands
423 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2011 :  16:07:42  Show Profile  Visit Tyranthraxus's Homepage Send Tyranthraxus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I ran the adventure using 3E rules some years ago. I didn't really bother with converting it, I just winged it . It is a bit tricky to convert though because IIRC the adventure assumes the players eventually become a fighter, thief, magic-user, or cleric.

As for character creation, you can pretty much use it as it is with some minor adjustments or you can let them start as a level 1 commoner.

The adventure also serves as a perfect jump start to a Moonshae campaign.
Go to Top of Page

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
780 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2011 :  23:54:51  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I loved Treasure Hunt as a starter adventure!
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2011 :  23:28:42  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just read it for the first time recently. I think I may convert it to 4E at some time.

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1705 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2011 :  05:01:18  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If I remember correctly, N4 was the module that directly led to my campaign that got partially included in Lands of Intrigue (details in the intro of the 3rd booklet in that boxed set, IIRC). Never got around to converting it, as we were playing 2nd edition and I winged my way through that 1st edition module without too many concerns (as much of the plot/adventure spun more on story and character stuff than monsters or stats).

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

Brian R. James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2011 :  16:57:00  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Treasure Hunt is one of my all time favorite modules, and I've had a fondness for the Korinn Archipelago ever since.

I know the OP was looking for a 3rd-edition conversion, but others that find this scroll might be interesting in checking out an impressive 4th-edition adventure inspired by Treasure Hunt: http://www.wizards.com/DnD/Article.aspx?x=dnd/dun/201109temple

Brian R. James - Freelance Game Designer

Follow me on Twitter @brianrjames
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2011 :  20:35:16  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brian R. James

Treasure Hunt is one of my all time favorite modules, and I've had a fondness for the Korinn Archipelago ever since.

I know the OP was looking for a 3rd-edition conversion, but others that find this scroll might be interesting in checking out an impressive 4th-edition adventure inspired by Treasure Hunt: http://www.wizards.com/DnD/Article.aspx?x=dnd/dun/201109temple

Yeah I had noticed the rules for 0-lvel characters in 4E on the wizards site.

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

BARDOBARBAROS
Senior Scribe

Greece
581 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2011 :  21:26:33  Show Profile  Visit BARDOBARBAROS's Homepage Send BARDOBARBAROS a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steven Schend

If I remember correctly, N4 was the module that directly led to my campaign that got partially included in Lands of Intrigue (details in the intro of the 3rd booklet in that boxed set, IIRC). Never got around to converting it, as we were playing 2nd edition and I winged my way through that 1st edition module without too many concerns (as much of the plot/adventure spun more on story and character stuff than monsters or stats).

Nice try !!! But i prefer 3.5 edition !! i will look to Temple of the Weeping Goddess and try to convert it to 3.5 edition...

BARDOBARBAROS DOES NOT KILL.
HE DECAPITATES!!!

"The city changes, but the fools within it remain always the same" (Edwin Odesseiron- Baldur's gate 2)
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2012 :  04:57:40  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
this sounds like a fun project, but um... are there rules for 0-level characters in 3.5? i don't see them in the PH/DMG. or is it as simple as "roll d6 for hp, and you don't have class/skills/feats yet"?
Go to Top of Page

Derulbaskul
Senior Scribe

Singapore
408 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2012 :  12:58:53  Show Profile Send Derulbaskul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There were rules for 0-level characters in 3E but not 3.5E.

Cheers
D

NB: Please remember: A cannon is a big gun. Canon is what we discuss here.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2012 :  08:46:01  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmph. I've never ran this.

I may have to use it in a 5e playtest game this weekend. The concept is intriguing.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000