Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Dungeons and Dragons Cartoon come to life
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Caolin
Senior Scribe

768 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2019 :  18:21:41  Show Profile Send Caolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Not sure if anyone has seen this yet. It's a Brazilian car commercial and it's pretty damn epic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kC9-bfsNne8&feature=youtu.be

Baltas
Senior Scribe

Poland
955 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2019 :  19:47:11  Show Profile Send Baltas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not gonna lie, this is one of most awesome things I saw in a while!

Edited by - Baltas on 27 May 2019 20:03:11
Go to Top of Page

Varl
Learned Scribe

USA
284 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2019 :  20:35:27  Show Profile Send Varl a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I first thought this was a trailer for a new D&D movie, and then the car appeared...

They sure nailed Tiamat beautifully.

I'm on a permanent vacation to the soul. -Tash Sultana
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7969 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2019 :  21:18:53  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Renault can apparently put more epic D&D on screen than the big studios, lol.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Caolin
Senior Scribe

768 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2019 :  00:31:25  Show Profile Send Caolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ayrik

Renault can apparently put more epic D&D on screen than the big studios, lol.

Hah! I know right?!

Did anyone else get chills when the kids made it home?
Go to Top of Page

Rymac
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2019 :  04:49:32  Show Profile  Visit Rymac's Homepage Send Rymac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I always thought if you wanted to make a mainstream pop-culture Dungeons & Dragons "event" movie, the quickest way to success is a live-screen adaption of the 80s cartoon.

The Renault commercial is cool in that it "concludes" the cartoon story, the kids arriving back in the amusement park, albeit with Uni and Venger in "our" world.

- Ryan
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2019 :  04:53:05  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rymac

I always thought if you wanted to make a mainstream pop-culture Dungeons & Dragons "event" movie, the quickest way to success is a live-screen adaption of the 80s cartoon.

The Renault commercial is cool in that it "concludes" the cartoon story, the kids arriving back in the amusement park, albeit with Uni and Venger in "our" world.

I seem to recall that this happened once in the cartoon, too, though without the car. The kids made it home, but Venger followed them. Their weapons were useless in our world, but Venger still had his magic -- so they went back to the Realm because it was the only way they could stop him.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1151 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2019 :  05:08:50  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There’s actually a “canon” series ending included in the box set. The final episode was scripted and voiced, just never animated, and it was fantastic. I won’t spoil it, but it’s definitely a conclusion.

Most chill inducing scene of this commercial? I’d have to say the shield scene. The archer’s wig is cringeworthy lol,

Follow the Maztica (Aztec/Maya) and Anchorome (Indigenous North America) Campaigns on DMsGuild!

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign
Go to Top of Page

Rymac
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2019 :  05:26:08  Show Profile  Visit Rymac's Homepage Send Rymac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I seem to recall that this happened once in the cartoon, too, though without the car. The kids made it home, but Venger followed them. Their weapons were useless in our world, but Venger still had his magic -- so they went back to the Realm because it was the only way they could stop him.

I do recall that episode. I believe it's the one with the magic chest that worked like a gate to other planes. The Box?

quote:
Originally posted by Seethyr

There’s actually a “canon” series ending included in the box set. The final episode was scripted and voiced, just never animated, and it was fantastic. I won’t spoil it, but it’s definitely a conclusion.

Most chill inducing scene of this commercial? I’d have to say the shield scene. The archer’s wig is cringeworthy lol,

That's the script for Requiem. It ends with the kids having the choice to go home, or stay and fight for good in the Realm.

The bad part of the commercial is That Wig. Otherwise, that commercial is a nugget of gold because it's wrapped all sorts of nostalgia. Which is a good way to generate buzz.

- Ryan
Go to Top of Page

Barastir
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1600 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2019 :  11:34:56  Show Profile Send Barastir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Requiem also had a comics adaptation.

"Goodness is not a natural state, but must be
fought for to be attained and maintained.
Lead by example.
Let your deeds speak your intentions.
Goodness radiated from the heart."

The Paladin's Virtues, excerpt from the "Quentin's Monograph"
(by Ed Greenwood)
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11695 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2019 :  22:17:53  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
that was awesome. Sucks that I couldn't tell what they were saying other than Bobby yelling for "Uni!" But awesome

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3737 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2019 :  02:45:07  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-Definitely one of the more elaborate car commercials I've ever seen.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerûn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerûn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

LordofBones
Master of Realmslore

1477 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2019 :  06:52:33  Show Profile Send LordofBones a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When you really get down to it, the entire cartoon could have ended quickly enough if Venger allowed the children to leave for Earth in exchange for their weapons in their first encounter.
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7969 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2019 :  07:32:26  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Of course any real party of PCs would argue, bicker, debate, vote, bicker again, and finally just start rolling dice to determine which one of them gets to be the driver.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000