Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Mountains of Faerun Info request
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Cahir
Acolyte

Poland
2 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2007 :  15:34:43  Show Profile  Visit Cahir's Homepage Send Cahir a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello everybody!

I'm in the middle of writing a series of articles about mountains of Faerun (in form similar to Volo's Guide series), but I'm lack of info about number of mountain ranges height. Some of them are fully detailed, but some are not, and in many cases I have difficulties to determine how high they are. So, I would be very grateful for some info (or at least good guess) about height of following ranges:
* Adder Peaks
* Mountains of Alaoreum
* Aphrunn Mountains
* Azzirhat
* Cloven Mountains
* Cold Mountains
* Curna Mountains
* Desertmouth Mountains
* Dragonback Mountain
* Dragonspine Mountains
* Dragonsword Mountains
* Earthfast Mts.
* Earthspur Mts.
* Easting Peaks
* Fairheight Mts.
* Firepeaks
* Galenas
* Galuil Mts.
* Giantspires
* Giant's Belt Mts.
* Gnoll Peaks
* Graypeak Mts.
* Hazur Mts.
* High Moon Mts.
* Icerim Mts.
* Imperial Mount of Shoonach
* Jotunhammer Mts.
* Spiderhanut Mts.
* Lonefang Mts.
* Lost Peaks
* Luo Peaks
* Manymists Mts.
* Mistcliffs
* Moondark Mts.
* Mount Hotenow
* Mount Thulbane
* Mountains of Copper
* Nether Mts.
* Orcskull Mts.
* Orsraun Mts.
* The Peaks of Flame
* Raurinshield Mts.
* Scimitar Spires
* Smoking Mts.
* Spines of Surkh
* Thunder Peaks
* Stormsword Mts.
* Sunset Mts.
* Tching Mts.
* Storm Horns
* Trollclaw Mts.
* Unthangol Mts.
* White Peaks

Then they summoned me over to join in with them to the dance of the death. Into the circle of fire I followed them, into the middle I was led.

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2007 :  16:08:45  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd ask Ed about a lot of these, don't think many of us can supply the info you seek but he could. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2007 :  16:34:47  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm inclined to agree. Aside from those few mountain ranges that may have been featured briefly in the various regional sourcebooks, you're going to find that a lot of these haven't been particularly detailed beyond a brief reference here and there.

Ed will likely have more.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

savedbygrace
Acolyte

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2014 :  02:40:34  Show Profile Send savedbygrace a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Has any published or online resource ever become of this project?

Be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath.
Go to Top of Page

eeorey
Seeker

Bulgaria
96 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2014 :  04:13:39  Show Profile Send eeorey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
On the topic of mountain ranges and such, is there anything anywhere written about the Serpent Hills? I haven't seen anything about it before, or more likely I have but can't remember.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6645 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2014 :  06:24:53  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Serpent Hills had an "Elminster's Ecologies" product devoted to them back in 2E days.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2014 :  03:22:55  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They also got a lot of detail in Serpent kingdoms; there was even a map. (several, actually, but one specifically with the Serpent Hills.)

EDIT: When I just thought about it, I realized you are looking for info on the hills themselves, and not whats in them, so ignore what I just said - I doubt there's much about the actual hills in that tome.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 30 Nov 2014 14:11:19
Go to Top of Page

Duneth Despana
Learned Scribe

Belgium
273 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2014 :  01:29:07  Show Profile Send Duneth Despana a Private Message  Reply with Quote
uhm... those maps... they weren't either in serpent kingdoms nor in the web enhancement. They're great!!! (Thanks MT!) But what a shame they are that well hidden away.

« There is no overriding « epic » in the Realms, but rather a large number of stories, adventures, and encounters going on all the time. [...]. Each creative mind adds to the base, creating, defining, and making their contribution to the rich diversity of the Realms. [...]. But Ed built the stage upon which all the plays are presented. Thanks Ed. » -FR Comic no.1

Edited by - Duneth Despana on 01 Dec 2014 01:29:36
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2014 :  01:31:20  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, for some bizarre reason they were VERY well hidden, away from the regular Map Gallery where all the others could be found.

You're welcome - glad to be of service.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000