Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Evermeet and Evereska
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dnewhous
Acolyte

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2003 :  06:23:00  Show Profile  Visit dnewhous's Homepage Send dnewhous a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
What is the difference between Evermeet and Evereska?

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2003 :  07:43:34  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Evermeet is the island kingdom in the Sea of Swords. Evereska is an elven fortified city built over some Nertheril ruins relatively near Waterdeep. (I'm not sure of exact distances, I don't have my Atlas with me.) If you're looking for current information, I'm (at present) out of date. (Artalis is being kind enough to help me on that front -- he's a nice guy, don't you think? ) Perhaps some of the other scribes will help out in the time being.

What am I saying, of course they'll help out. Around here, the chore is getting us to shut up!

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2003 :  09:49:02  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings,

dnewhous said -
quote:
Perhaps you should elaborate more on this question, as there is a multitude of information on both locations.

Is there any specific difference that you are looking for?

Basically however, Evermeet is an island monarchy, a kingdom of Moon elves, sun elves and some wood elves ruled by Queen Amlaruil eighteen hundred miles west of Faerun in the Trackless Sea.

Now that the elven Retreat is over, Evermeet is considered the center of elven civilisation.

Evereska, which means "fortress home" in the elven tongue, is a great valley settlement and the only major nestling of moon and sun elves still living on Faerun since the end of the Retreat. It sits in amongst twelve tall hills that act like natural walls for the community.

If you are looking for more information, I suggest purchasing the FRCS and maybe some of the old 2e FR sourcebooks which detail Evermeet and the elves of Faerun in detail.

Hope that helps, and remember,

Good learning...

- The Sage of Perth: For all your Realms lore needs

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2003 :  09:55:02  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings,

Bookwyrm said -
quote:
What am I saying, of course they'll help out. Around here, the chore is getting us to shut up!
Now that's an understatment. Of course I have never been accused of talking too much, when I'm told to shut up I always shut up. I'm not one of those people who go on and on, talking and talking, if you simply need quiet it's just a simple matter to say shut up and I'll shut up. It's quite annoying really when you meet people and all they ever do is talk and talk, and sometimes it's about subjects you have absolutely no interest in, of course nobody could ever accuse me of that because I always shut up when I'm told to shut up, yes sir I...

Good learning...

Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2003 :  12:50:12  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does anybody have any good reference materials for Evereska? I am curiously short on those, at least I think I am....

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2003 :  13:39:17  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings,

Artalis said -
quote:
Does anybody have any good reference materials for Evereska? I am curiously short on those, at least I think I am....

Aren't we all. I myself have very little published material on Evereska (and I have every FR published product - I think), hopefully somebody here can help us out.

Good learning...

Go to Top of Page

Edain Shadowstar
Senior Scribe

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2003 :  00:01:27  Show Profile  Visit Edain Shadowstar's Homepage Send Edain Shadowstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tragically, the only place you can find anything close to 'detailed' information about Evereska is in the Troy Denning Destroy-a-thon The Return of the Archwizards. Unfortunately, novels are not alwayus definable as canon. An example of this is the Baldur's Gate novels, the extreme example of non-canon material, compared the The Cormyr Saga, all three of which are canon. I have perused my personal collection, a literal trove of Torilian lore, knowledge, and lymerics, and all I have found are some old spell components and a few few maps. Alas, it seems that Evereska doesn't have many dedicated sources.

Now, Evermeet has an entire sourcebook, and novel, to itself. Both are 2e, but the information is good, and the statistics can easily being coverted.

Now, on the Evereska situation, I think the best bet is to have someone with a big Dragon archive to good through it to see if anything is there.

Edain Shadowstar
Archwizard of Rel Astra and Waterdeep

"Mmm…pie…"
- Gaius Solarian, Captain General
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2003 :  05:55:47  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings,

Edain Shadowstar said -
quote:
Now, on the Evereska situation, I think the best bet is to have someone with a big Dragon archive to good through it to see if anything is there.
This is the last thing I checked. From the first Dragon published article about FR to the latest issue. The magazine has very little in the way of published information (beyond what we already don't know). I admit that I am missing several issues between #100 and #200, so maybe it occurred in one of the four issues I missed.

Good learning...

Go to Top of Page

Mournblade
Master of Realmslore

USA
1287 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2003 :  22:40:59  Show Profile Send Mournblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

Evermeet is the island kingdom in the Sea of Swords. Evereska is an elven fortified city built over some Nertheril ruins relatively near Waterdeep. (I'm not sure of exact distances, I don't have my Atlas with me.) If you're looking for current information, I'm (at present) out of date. (Artalis is being kind enough to help me on that front -- he's a nice guy, don't you think? ) Perhaps some of the other scribes will help out in the time being.

Please NOTE!!! THis was Bookwyrm's 777 post!!!

777 one better than the devil, just like.... STRYPER!!!!!!!!!!

A wizard is Never late Frodo Baggins. Nor is he Early. A wizard arrives precisely when he means to...
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2003 :  06:16:30  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
[Bookwyrm scratches his head.] It couldn't have been. I know I've made more posts since that time. Was it just the marker next to it, showing how many I'd done total, including since that post? This is my fourth post of the night, and it comes up to 781. So that must be it.

By the way . . . I hadn't noticed the numbers . . . you'd think 777 would stick out.

Hey, waitaminute -- 777? Does this mean I've hit the jackpot?

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2018 :  05:13:15  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Acolyte dnewhous,

Master Mournblade is certainly correct. However, and though it is many years later, here are a couple of links that have some fantastic information on the two:

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by dnewhous

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000