Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 FR adventures in Dungeon
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Reefy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
892 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2006 :  23:32:44  Show Profile  Visit Reefy's Homepage Send Reefy a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I was wondering if ang sages here would care to share their opinions an any or all of the following FR adventures published in Dungeon:
The Secrets of Arch Wood (#121)
Practical Magic (#113)
Raiders of Galath's Roost (#87)
Woe to Mistledale (#100)
Euphoria Horrors (#34)
'Til Death Do Us Part (#29)
Nymph's Reward (#29)

Life is either daring adventure or nothing.

Brenigin
Learned Scribe

New Zealand
117 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2006 :  01:35:38  Show Profile  Visit Brenigin's Homepage Send Brenigin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Radiers of Galath's Roost is great - in the right hands with the right party. It can turn into a hack fest very easily. It does, however, lay excellent foundations for a Dalelands campaign. Woe to Mistledale is great, especially if tied properly back to Raiders of Galath's Roost.
Go to Top of Page

Eremite
Learned Scribe

Singapore
182 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2006 :  02:45:29  Show Profile  Visit Eremite's Homepage Send Eremite a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm another fan of Raiders of Galath's Roost. To me that verges on being a perfect Dungeon adventure and, yes, a great way to start a Dalelands campaign or perhaps any other campaign where Zhentarim will be involved.

Best
E
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2006 :  13:17:10  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Raiders of Galath's Roost (#87)- Very good module if you want to introduce your players to portals early on.

Woe to Mistledale (#100)- I believe this was the follow-up to Raiders

Euphoria Horrors (#34)- Hilarious. Kobolds taking "hits" off a faerie dragon's breath weapon. You have to rescue the poor thing. If you're party has never run it, gotta do it (and its easily scalable... higher level party? Ogres or trolls captured the wee beasty). Of course, you gotta update to 3e, but that's not hard on this one.

'Til Death Do Us Part (#29)- Very good story based in the outer boundaries of Myth Drannor about a banshee and some other undead. I never ran it, but was considering looking this up and converting it for my own campaign, until I just found out one of my players/coworkers is moving to San Antonio.

Nymph's Reward (#29) - Damn, this rings a bell as something I used, but I can't remember it.

Mod edit: Edited for content.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 14 Oct 2006 15:46:47
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2006 :  15:52:27  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It sounds like "Raiders of Galath's Roost" is a decent module in play. I haven't run it, but on reading it I disliked it for its lack of Realms feel and poor research (Skip didn't seem to have read the main sources where the Roost, and the Riders of Mistledale, had appeared).
Go to Top of Page

Reefy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
892 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2006 :  21:58:39  Show Profile  Visit Reefy's Homepage Send Reefy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the feedback - as you might have guessed I'm running a Dales campaign and was wondering if I could slip in any of those adventures. Obviously having to convert to 3E isn't a problem for me, else I wouldn't have mentioned the older adventures - if it's a good story, having to convert is clearly worth it.
Euphoria Horrors certainly does sound amusing.

Go to Top of Page

AlacLuin
Learned Scribe

131 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2006 :  02:05:52  Show Profile  Visit AlacLuin's Homepage Send AlacLuin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you don't mind leaveing the the Dalelands a bit
Gate from Everywhere (# 88) - Cormyr, at least I think that is it's name.
Operation Manta Ray (#? but 2ed)- Sembia to the pirate isles of the inner sea.
Go to Top of Page

Reefy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
892 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2006 :  02:19:59  Show Profile  Visit Reefy's Homepage Send Reefy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AlacLuin

If you don't mind leaveing the the Dalelands a bit
Gate from Everywhere (# 88) - Cormyr, at least I think that is it's name.
Operation Manta Ray (#? but 2ed)- Sembia to the pirate isles of the inner sea.

Of course I don't, and if the players want to go elsewhere, who am I to stop them?

Go to Top of Page

qstor
Acolyte

USA
31 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2015 :  16:03:53  Show Profile Send qstor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm running Raiders again in a few weeks.

"There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom" G'Kar

http://www.twitter.com/qstor2
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2015 :  19:53:28  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by qstor

I'm running Raiders again in a few weeks.

You forgot to cast Resurrect Scroll ;)

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

Cards77
Senior Scribe

USA
745 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2015 :  01:21:14  Show Profile Send Cards77 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I ran Raiders of Galath's Roost, I had it placed in the Silverwood near Silverymoon in 1362 DR. It's tied back to the whole schism in the Zhent between East and West factions. Great adventure for a party with some imagination that can get into the citadel under cover. Limitless possibilities, until the gig is up then it's a blood bath.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000