Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Ethereal Marauders and filchers
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sadonayerah Odrydin
Learned Scribe

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2003 :  03:30:18  Show Profile  Visit Sadonayerah Odrydin's Homepage Send Sadonayerah Odrydin a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Okay here goes: Does anyone know how often marauders or filchers (the ethereal kind) are seen and if they can be seen around each other? For example if ethereal creatures (when they are in the material plane) can live close to the same place and still get along somewhat.... I'm trying to get as much info as I can about these two creatures before I put either one of them into my fanfic. (Or did I totally miss a mark somewhere...?)

"What's that," asked Mogget.
"Sardines," said Sam. "I knew they were standard rations, so I got a few tins for you."
"What are sardines?" Moggest asked suspiciously. "And why is there a key? Is this some sort of Abhorsen joke?"
Abhorsen by Garth Nix

"What you made a vampire...Pomeranian?!" --Hannibal King from Blade Trinity

~Sadie

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2003 :  13:36:42  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sadonayerah Odrydin

and still get along somewhat...

Does that mean they can live without killing each others?
If it's that i think that since they are both neutral the answer is yes.

Does that mean they can touch while both in material plan?
I think so
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2003 :  14:05:00  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Naughty zemd, double posting again...

The fact that both creatures are neutral doesn't mean that they cannot prey on eachother... I haven't used extraplanar creatures myself that much... yet! (afterthought for the players in my PbeM's) I don't know that much about them of the top of my head. But both creatures display an active interest in the material plane. I would suspect they would be either territorial or at least fight over any prizes...
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2003 :  15:58:30  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't think that i double-post everytime! I don't know what happened this time

Mumadar, i didn't say that they'll never fight each other, but they could find an agreement. I don't enough of them to be sure.
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2003 :  17:34:59  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zemd

Don't think that i double-post everytime! I don't know what happened this time

Mumadar, i didn't say that they'll never fight each other, but they could find an agreement. I don't enough of them to be sure.

Hehehe... maybe it was Alundo or Tethoril after an incognito visit to the inn...

I understand your viewpoint, and you might be right. Seems we're both lacking some expert knowledge on this subject.
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2003 :  23:00:21  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Do you have any idea of a book to read? I don't
Go to Top of Page

Sadonayerah Odrydin
Learned Scribe

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2003 :  05:42:23  Show Profile  Visit Sadonayerah Odrydin's Homepage Send Sadonayerah Odrydin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Those little bits do help some. And I have borrowed my friend's monster manual...though that doesn't really tell much about *if* they could get along. I asked my friend at school today if he knew and he said basically the same thing you guys already did. Thanks for your help though guys! I really appreciate it.

"What's that," asked Mogget.
"Sardines," said Sam. "I knew they were standard rations, so I got a few tins for you."
"What are sardines?" Moggest asked suspiciously. "And why is there a key? Is this some sort of Abhorsen joke?"
Abhorsen by Garth Nix

"What you made a vampire...Pomeranian?!" --Hannibal King from Blade Trinity

~Sadie
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2003 :  14:54:24  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If someone have Manual of the Planes, it could be in. I'll have in 1 or 2 weeks, i'll try to find the info at that time
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2018 :  19:22:29  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Learned Scribe Odrydin,

As neutrally aligned creatures (one an aberration, the other a magical beast) they operated as essentially natural creatures, i.e. bear, lion, dog. Best sources are the 3.5 Monster Manual and Forgotten Foes from Pathfinder.

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Sadonayerah Odrydin

Okay here goes: Does anyone know how often marauders or filchers (the ethereal kind) are seen and if they can be seen around each other? For example if ethereal creatures (when they are in the material plane) can live close to the same place and still get along somewhat.... I'm trying to get as much info as I can about these two creatures before I put either one of them into my fanfic. (Or did I totally miss a mark somewhere...?)

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000