Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Upcoming FR Novel Release Listing
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

creyzi4zb12
Learned Scribe

Philippines
129 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2012 :  21:39:42  Show Profile  Visit creyzi4zb12's Homepage Send creyzi4zb12 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How many new novels has there been in 2012?

orc orc orc orc orc orc orc orc orc orc orc
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2012 :  23:04:19  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Entreri3478

quote:
Originally posted by Lameth

quote:
Originally posted by drkissinger1

I think Rise of the Zhentarim is due out in December, if I'm not mistaken.

Out in germany in 2035 *g*

http://www.amazon.de/Rise-Zhentarim-Bound-Blood-ebook/dp/B008AV8GVG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1345213616&sr=8-1
They have GOT to change that cover

Agreed. It reminds me of some of the worst covers of Feist's novels, like Shards of a Broken Crown.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2012 :  23:07:27  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

Godborn's release date is barely 2 months away. But there's no blurb/description yet. And 304 pages only? Even for a trade paperback, isn't that rather short?

Well the push back to fall 2013 is a blow......but Paul did say it was now a rather large book. Larger than it was going to be. So...I'll wait. But I still want it now

I posted that reply sometime before I heard the announcement about The Sundering.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Laeknir
Seeker

68 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2012 :  18:43:32  Show Profile  Visit Laeknir's Homepage Send Laeknir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What happened to Alex Irvine's Demon Weave... a while ago, it was scheduled for publication Sept. 2012, so I went back onto Amazon to see if they had it, and it appears to be gone.

Any ideas or news?
Go to Top of Page

Seabus Mythforger
Seeker

76 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2012 :  21:21:07  Show Profile Send Seabus Mythforger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A long while it has been since I took rest here in the Keep. And upon my return I see a great list of books/ebooks coming up. I too however was intrigued to hear of this Demon Weave by Alex Irvine. The idea sounded promising with bounds of potential...is there any news in regards to what happened there?

~Seabus Mythforger,
Renegade Mage
Go to Top of Page

Ziroc
Acolyte

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2012 :  11:31:43  Show Profile  Visit Ziroc's Homepage Send Ziroc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's a shame that the Jack Ravenwild and other Forgotten Realms novels are ONLY ebooks. I will NOT buy an ebook. So they better change their strategy on selling books, or
we may lose some good authors. :(

What is funny to me is these 'Ebooks' cost the same as the paper version.. lol. So they save the cost of all the paper used in the book. the creation and binding of the book, the artwork and glossing of the cover and back, and shipping, yet for an ebook, you skip all that. Yet we pay the SAME costs? HUH? I know the bandwidth doesn't cost much to download it, these ebook files are small.

If they lowered the cost.. (paperback $7.99_= ebook $4.99). May they would sell more ebook readers, thus ebooks. but until then, not from me. (and I own EVER SINGLE Forgotten Reams novel to date!).

I'm looking forward to Godborn. I can't find it on Amazon... (For Dec 2012.. has it changed?) I LOVE Paul Kemp!! That "Rise of the Zhentarim: Bound by Blood" looks interesting too, yet again, a dang ebook. so no sale... BTW, on Amazon it says the release date for the Rise of the Zhents is "Publication Date: January 1, 2035" -- daaaanng. I'll be looking like Elminster when is released. :D

Ziroc
Check out my Neverwinter Nights 1 Mod running 24/7 for nearly TEN years! Called "Escape From Undermountain" visit:
http://www.ironworksforum.com/efu
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2012 :  14:24:21  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc

It's a shame that the Jack Ravenwild and other Forgotten Realms novels are ONLY ebooks. I will NOT buy an ebook. So they better change their strategy on selling books, or
we may lose some good authors. :(

I'm not sure about them losing authors, but they will definitely lose customers.

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

Tam Zawad
Acolyte

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2012 :  00:08:57  Show Profile Send Tam Zawad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i own over 50 realms books on my e-reader. I love it.Very cool to pull up a book you randomly get a itch to read ANYTIME ANYWHERE.

The Culler of the Fold
Go to Top of Page

Melkor the Dark
Acolyte

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2012 :  21:53:27  Show Profile Send Melkor the Dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Would anyone happen to have an up to date list of future releases of novels in 2013???Any info would be much appreciated..
Go to Top of Page

Tarrok of Halruaa
Acolyte

United Kingdom
37 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2012 :  16:37:33  Show Profile Send Tarrok of Halruaa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Melkor,

At the moment their seems to be few Forgotten Realms novels scheduled for release in 2013. This seems to be because of The Sundering. Let us hope that The Sundering is a success and we go back to the 12+ novel releases a year that we used to see a few years back...

Feb 2013: Prophet of the Dead - Richard Lee Byers (Brotherhood of the Griffon 5)
Mar 2013: The Last Threshold - RA Salvatore (Neverwinter 4)
Aug 2013: The Companions - RA Salvatore (The Sundering 1)
Oct 2013: The Godborn - Paul S Kemp (The Sundering 2)
Dec 2013: The Adversary - Erin M Evans (The Sundering 3)
Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2012 :  17:58:03  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm not positive about this, but extrapolating from the above, I would assume:

Feb 2014: The Reaver - Richard Lee Byers (The Sundering 4)
April 2014- I forget the title - Troy Denning (The Sundering 5)
June 2014: I forget the title - Ed Greenwood (The Sundering 6)
Go to Top of Page

Melkor the Dark
Acolyte

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2012 :  22:58:39  Show Profile Send Melkor the Dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Richard the novels that are coming out are not going to be called "I forget the title 1&2"..they will be called "The Sentinel" written by Troy Denning and "The Herald" written by Ed featuring Elminster.I researched it on The Realms wiki and found,but thank you and Tarrok for responding..

I'm somewhat confused.Does this "Sundering" have anything to do with the Spellplauge?Are these books set in that time,or is this something totally different from that cataclysm???To be honest.I wasn't too thrilled with the Spellplauge.I have enjoyed some of the the novels that have come after it,but not as much as the pre-spellplauge novels.And as Torrok said.There was a cutting back so to speak on the volume of novels that have been released.Sometimes 2 months between novels when there was always 1-2 novels released pretty much every month.
Go to Top of Page

Aulduron
Learned Scribe

USA
343 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2012 :  03:15:57  Show Profile Send Aulduron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just got about $100 in B&N gift cards for Christmas. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a single new FR book in print to buy. I saw one book to pre-order that won't be released until February, but I need something to read now

"Those with talent become wizards, Those without talent spend their lives praying for it"

-Procopio Septus
Go to Top of Page

realmsrider
Acolyte

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2012 :  06:27:42  Show Profile Send realmsrider a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Melkor the Dark

Richard the novels that are coming out are not going to be called "I forget the title 1&2"..they will be called "The Sentinel" written by Troy Denning and "The Herald" written by Ed featuring Elminster.I researched it on The Realms wiki and found,but thank you and Tarrok for responding..

I'm somewhat confused.Does this "Sundering" have anything to do with the Spellplauge?Are these books set in that time,or is this something totally different from that cataclysm???To be honest.I wasn't too thrilled with the Spellplauge.I have enjoyed some of the the novels that have come after it,but not as much as the pre-spellplauge novels.And as Torrok said.There was a cutting back so to speak on the volume of novels that have been released.Sometimes 2 months between novels when there was always 1-2 novels released pretty much every month.

You can go to youtube and search "the sundering". There's a rather lengthy 2 part explanation. The readers digest version is AO wants to rewrite the tablets of fate, giving the Gods their 2nd edition powers/balance. WotC wants to bring the realms back to 2nd and 3rd edition glory. I guess the tabletop will have modern rules as well. Toril will go back to being whole and the Mystra position will be filled. That's what I got from it anyway/

Go to Top of Page

Tyrant
Senior Scribe

USA
586 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2013 :  15:55:23  Show Profile  Visit Tyrant's Homepage Send Tyrant a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The blurb for Erin M Evans next book The Adversary is up on Amazon along with the cover art. It's the third Sundering book (I and II are up as well) and is due out in December. If the blurb is correct, it sounds like part of the Sundering involves the Netherese (the Shades) and their machinations that we can see the start of in The Last Threshold.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
-The Sith Code

Teenage Sith zombies, Tulkh thought-how in the moons of Bogden had it all started? Every so often, the universe must just get bored and decide to really cut loose. -Star Wars: Red Harvest
Go to Top of Page

DragonReader
Senior Scribe

USA
371 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2013 :  01:26:30  Show Profile  Visit DragonReader's Homepage Send DragonReader a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Amazon has added two more upcoming releases:

The Reaver, By Richard Lee Byers (Sundering Book #4):

http://www.amazon.com/Reaver-Sundering-Book-IV/dp/0786964588/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1370823198&sr=1-3

and

Night of the Hunter, by R.A. Salvatore (Companions Codex #1):

http://www.amazon.com/Night-Hunter-Companions-Codex-I/dp/0786965118/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1370823198&sr=1-1

Edited by - DragonReader on 10 Jun 2013 14:17:26
Go to Top of Page

jornan
Learned Scribe

Canada
256 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2013 :  20:28:29  Show Profile Send jornan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What's the deal with Codex #1? So it looks like Drizzt is still alive....and old friends (not allies, like Entreri and Dhalia)are back. Part of me thinks it is kinda lame, but part of me is really excited to see where this all goes!
Go to Top of Page

Euranna
Learned Scribe

USA
219 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2013 :  01:15:56  Show Profile Send Euranna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Holy crap! That listing for Night of the Hunter is a bit of a spoiler! (if Amazon is accurate).
Go to Top of Page

DragonReader
Senior Scribe

USA
371 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2013 :  14:50:04  Show Profile  Visit DragonReader's Homepage Send DragonReader a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So amazon has a listing for Codex #2:

http://www.amazon.com/Rise-King-Companions-Codex-II/dp/0786965150/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1384181318&sr=1-1
Go to Top of Page

Seravin
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1265 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2013 :  16:06:36  Show Profile Send Seravin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"R.A. Salvatore picks up with the fan-favorite storyline of dwarf king Bruenor Battlehammer and his bloody feud with the orc kingdom of Many Arrows."

Ugh. Count me as one of the people who did NOT like the Orc trilogy or the Orc King. I am sick of Obould the XXXth and Many Arrows and the thousand orcs and everything to do with Drizzt and orcs. It's been done to death.

Would much rather a book on the new Regis, who is so kick-arse now that he has become my favorite member of the Companions.
Go to Top of Page

DragonReader
Senior Scribe

USA
371 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2013 :  14:59:49  Show Profile  Visit DragonReader's Homepage Send DragonReader a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good news! Erin Evans' next book Fire in the Blood is listed on amazon.com for September 2014:

http://www.amazon.com/Fire-Blood-Erin-M-Evans/dp/0786965290/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1386514615&sr=1-1

Edited by - DragonReader on 08 Dec 2013 17:59:08
Go to Top of Page

phranctoast
Learned Scribe

USA
151 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2014 :  13:46:00  Show Profile Send phranctoast a Private Message  Reply with Quote
March 11th 2014 - Night of the Hunter:Companions Codex: RA Salvatore
http://www.amazon.com/Night-Hunter-Companions-Codex-I/dp/0786965118/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1370823198&sr=1-1

April 1st 2014-The Sentinel: The Sundering, Book V: Troy Denning
http://www.amazon.com/Sentinel-Sundering-Book-V-ebook/dp/B00FO5W6VW/ref=sr_1_sc_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1393940282&sr=1-1-spell&keywords=suyndering+5

June 3rd 2014-The Herald: The Sundering, Book VI: Ed Greenwood
http://www.amazon.com/The-Herald-Sundering-Book-VI-ebook/dp/B00H6J6KQQ/ref=pd_sim_b_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0TMQXNBGV1BXP9Z116ZZ

August 5th 2014-Rise of the King: Companion Codex, II (Companions Codex): RA Salvatore.
http://www.amazon.com/Rise-King-Companion-Codex-Companions-ebook/dp/B00IBYYVOS/ref=pd_sim_kstore_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=1XBNC357FYNXA1Y8WFJ9

October 14th 2014: Fire in the Blood- Erin Evans
http://www.amazon.com/Fire-Blood-Erin-M-Evans/dp/0786965290/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1386514615&sr=1-1

Currently reading: Spider and Stone by Jaleigh Johnson: Sequel to Mistshore
Go to Top of Page

jornan
Learned Scribe

Canada
256 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2014 :  04:57:46  Show Profile Send jornan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
RA Salvatore had on his facebook feed several weeks ago that he was going to have a WEEK of meetings with WotC and get to see some old friends. I have yet to hear anything news indicating new books or a 5e FR campaign setting or really much of anything with FR going forward. Anyone have any info? Was Richard Lee Byers at the meeting? More Brotherhood of the Griffon? What about the other sundering authors? Any news on the Paul Kemp vs Wizards feud?
Go to Top of Page

august
Acolyte

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2014 :  01:57:23  Show Profile Send august a Private Message  Reply with Quote
@jornan
Paul posted on his proboards forums on July 7th, that there has been no communication between him or wotc. Also if you follow his blog, it sounds as though he is questioning continuing to write beyond fulfilling his new contract with Del Rey.

As for announcements regarding future books, I think there will be a large drop of info on future plans at Gen Con; so about a month from now.
Go to Top of Page

DragonReader
Senior Scribe

USA
371 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2014 :  18:58:11  Show Profile  Visit DragonReader's Homepage Send DragonReader a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's another RA Salvatore book listed for Feb 2015:

http://www.amazon.com/Vengeance-Iron-Dwarf-R-Salvatore/dp/0786965703/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1405965344&sr=1-3
Go to Top of Page

Elsenrail
Seeker

Poland
72 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2014 :  20:25:11  Show Profile Send Elsenrail a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm, so few new books are released, and harbacks only (at least initially). Any news when we can expect the "normal" - one novel per month ratio as in the good old 3e times?
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2014 :  22:10:33  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Vengeance of the Iron Dwarf. Sounds like Bruenor is putting the hammer down. ;)
Go to Top of Page

Tarrok of Halruaa
Acolyte

United Kingdom
37 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2015 :  19:15:36  Show Profile Send Tarrok of Halruaa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Time to update this scroll, methinks. Below are listed the 2015 Realms novels:

Vengeance of the Iron Dwarf, R A Salvatore, March 2015

Spellstorm, Ed Greenwood, August 2015

Archmage, R A Salvatore, September 2015

Ashes of the Tyrant, Erin M Evans, October 2015

As fellow scribes have said on other scrolls, 'tis a shame that 2015 seems the worst year in over 20 for the number of new Realms novels being published. Let us hope that it is merely a temporary hiatus...

Edited by - Tarrok of Halruaa on 25 Jan 2015 19:17:07
Go to Top of Page

packratt
Acolyte

2 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2015 :  03:15:38  Show Profile Send packratt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately it looks like

will be another of WOTC's misbegotten kindle and audio only books.

Go to Top of Page

ErinMEvans
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
294 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2015 :  05:22:23  Show Profile  Visit ErinMEvans's Homepage Send ErinMEvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by packratt

Unfortunately it looks like

will be another of WOTC's misbegotten kindle and audio only books.

Nope! Hardcover, too, at release and paperback later. :)

http://www.amazon.com/Ashes-Tyrant-Erin-M-Evans/dp/0786965738/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1423718475&sr=8-1&keywords=ashes of the tyrant

www.slushlush.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000