Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Lady Dragonbreast
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2002 :  12:44:31  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Fellow sages, who can enlighten me on the topic of lady Dragonbreast's illness. The lady Dragonbreast is the ruler of Berdusk, that well-known stronghold of those who harp...

I have been trying to find some more references to her situation but untill now have been unsuccesful in locating the right tomes and scrolls...

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2002 :  14:40:13  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mumadar, which is your source which mentions details of this? I must say im not familiar with Lady Dragonbreasts illness at all .....but it sounds intriguing.

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"

Edited by - Lord Rad on 18 Dec 2002 14:43:08
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2002 :  14:47:16  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just of the top of my head, I believe there's a little snippet in the FRCS on Berdusk where it says that she is recovering from an illness...

The only 'canon' resource that I can think of which might have some more details is one of the last FR products for 2nd Edition: Cloak and Dagger by Eric L Boyd e.a.

Edited by - Mumadar Ibn Huzal on 18 Dec 2002 14:47:51
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2002 :  14:52:13  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Interesting! ill take a look at that later. I doubt there will be any updated information on the current situation.

One of the items on my wish list for WotC to produce always contained a yearly journal for FR, like a list of each month and details of the various events for that particular Realms year. Anyway, I dont wanna go off topic

Lord Rad

Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2002 :  15:09:56  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
While on the topic, if anyone knows where additional information on Berdusk can be found, I'd like to hear, especially any novels which contain some detail on the city.

I know of the following sources:
  • Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting (3e)
  • Code of the Harpers (2e)
  • Forgotten Realms Adventures (2e)
  • Cloak & Dagger (2e)
  • A Grand Tour of the Realms (2e)

Non of these sources (with the possible exception of Cloak & Dagger) contain a reference to Lady Dragonbreast's condition as far as I know.
Go to Top of Page

Rellen Amostirren
Acolyte

United Kingdom
26 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2002 :  23:16:29  Show Profile  Visit Rellen Amostirren's Homepage Send Rellen Amostirren a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Knowing nothing of the dear lady's condition, I can though point you in the direction of the Guidebook "Volo's Guide to the Sword Coast", which contains quite a large write up on Berdusk. Though sadly little information on Lady Dragonbreast.

"Stealing teeth and still leaving folks with a smile!!"
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2002 :  19:33:23  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Rellen, I have indeed gone through said book (it's the basis for the Twilight Dawn Campaign), but no reference to the lady's condition was mentioned herein... nor any foreshadowing to the future...
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2003 :  12:58:56  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Funny that no-one else seems to know what has befallen the ruler of Berdusk... Any change that the FR authors which visit the site would know a little more?

Edited by - Mumadar Ibn Huzal on 12 Feb 2003 12:59:25
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2004 :  16:39:19  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm... almost a year ago since the last activation of this little thread... Anyhow, since there are a lot more scribes in the keep these days, I'd like to ask the question again:

quote:
Originally posted by Mumadar Ibn Huzal

Fellow sages, who can enlighten me on the topic of lady Dragonbreast's illness. The lady Dragonbreast is the ruler of Berdusk, that well-known stronghold of those who harp...

I have been trying to find some more references to her situation but untill now have been unsuccesful in locating the right tomes and scrolls...

Edited by - Mumadar Ibn Huzal on 17 Jan 2004 16:39:46
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2004 :  06:19:56  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm...this is certainly a difficult piece of information to track down. Other than the source you have already mentioned Mumadar, I can only remember a snippet in one of the very first Perilous Gateways articles from WotC (which didn't contain any new information that we didn't already know). There's virtually nothing written in any of the 3e regional sourcebooks so far, and except for Cloak and Dagger, nothing solid in 2e.

Maybe Faraer has something on this...I would suggest perhaps, that you should email him about it...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2004 :  10:00:01  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

...I would suggest perhaps, that you should email him about it...

..and return here with what you have learnt, forthwith...of course!

Lord Rad

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2004 :  13:31:26  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, of course...Sorry about that Rad ...But then, I guess that's what Learned Scribes are for...

Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2004 :  13:53:31  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would not have any objections against proposed communciations method, though which pigeon am I to use to dispatch the message?

- in other words, I can't find the e-mail address for said scribe
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2004 :  00:59:57  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't worry about it too much then Mumadar. Faraer usually checks in every few days or so, I wouldn't be surprised if the next reply after mine is from him...

Go to Top of Page

Cyric
Senior Scribe

Norway
388 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2004 :  12:04:49  Show Profile  Visit Cyric's Homepage Send Cyric a Private Message  Reply with Quote
is she a harper ?
Go to Top of Page

Maecenus of Westgate
Learned Scribe

USA
111 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2004 :  02:06:51  Show Profile  Visit Maecenus of Westgate's Homepage Send Maecenus of Westgate a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A harper she is. In fact, if i'm not mistaken I think I read somewhere (or derived) that she was betrothed to Belhuar Thantarth of Twilight Hall...speaking of which, both of these characters played a role in my last campaign. An event took place where the characters found themselves in the midst of an assassination attempt on Cylyria Dragonbreast by a Shadow Thief agent named Kanvartu.

I'm currently revising some of this campaign material if anyone has any more info on Berdusk and these two harpers.
Go to Top of Page

Dracandos the Spellsage
Senior Scribe

466 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2004 :  23:14:42  Show Profile  Visit Dracandos the Spellsage's Homepage Send Dracandos the Spellsage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maecenus!!! havent seen u in a while

Death strips away the masks men don to hide their true nature - The Slayer's Guide to Undead

The Lord of Murder shall perish, but in his doom he shall spawn a score of mortal progeny. Chaos shall be sown from their passage - So Sayeth the Wise Alaundo

Whenever magic one doth weave, 'tis never ever wise to deceive - Elminster

Strength and power come from knowing and controlling what others do not, but never reveal all that you know - Vecna

I have been known to cast a blue mage spell now and again - Dracandos the Spellsage
Go to Top of Page

Maecenus of Westgate
Learned Scribe

USA
111 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2004 :  19:12:12  Show Profile  Visit Maecenus of Westgate's Homepage Send Maecenus of Westgate a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dracandos the Spellsage

Maecenus!!! havent seen u in a while

Oh, i've been around...
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2004 :  19:57:37  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This isn't something that rings a bell, but I'm not all that well up on the 1370s DR.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2004 :  13:59:01  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm...

Which period of FR history are you 'up' on then Faraer...?

Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2005 :  19:23:53  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm... I still haven't found out anything more regarding Lady Dragonbreast's current condition. Although as hinted at in the Questions for Ed Greenwood 2005 thread, I have a feeling that old age might be part of the mystery...
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4684 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2005 :  19:48:24  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Lady Dragonbreast is ill – allegedly by poisoning or magic – the illness started not long after a small delegation from Waterdeep led by Khelben Arunsun paid a visit to Berdusk and Lady Dragonbreast. "

Alas not much to find I fear.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6641 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2005 :  00:05:54  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm, maybe Steven Schend can chime in on this one - given that he's the one who created this plot development for his Moonstars in "Cloak & Dagger". Steven?

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1705 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2005 :  22:41:52  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Hmm, maybe Steven Schend can chime in on this one - given that he's the one who created this plot development for his Moonstars in "Cloak & Dagger". Steven?

-- George Krashos

And all my aging brain is coming up with right now is that I got the plot thread with Cylyria from Ed while we were conjuring up the plot threads on C&D. I know you were a part of the discussions on the Zhentarim-a-go-go plots with Manshoon and Fzoul; I don't recall if we looped you in to discussions on the Tel'teukiira or not.

Long and short of it, she's not been healthy for a long time and she seems to have been subject to lots of either manipulation or news is actively being kept from her. Think of Theoden's situation under Grima Wormtongue for a good example of the situation as it seems from my vantage point (and for lack of a better example, other than Woodrow Wilson's 2nd term in office).

Hope this helps.

Steven

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2005 :  22:49:54  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It does, and it is similar to what I had in mind after puzling on the situation.

As quoted above by Kentinal, the fact that she's rumored to have gone ill after a visit of the Blackstaff, followed by the split in the Harpers - a prevalent rumor in my PbeM campaign IS linking these two together...

Guess we'll have to wait and see what follow-up products will bring. I don't suspect the new Waterdeep book will shed a whole lot of light on this - it'll probably only touch upon the Tel'teukira if at all.
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2018 :  13:54:10  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Master Mumadar Ibn Huzal,

I thought it was an attack, that was not determined to be caused by Khelben and/or Laerel, but some unknown assailant?

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Mumadar Ibn Huzal

It does, and it is similar to what I had in mind after puzling on the situation.

As quoted above by Kentinal, the fact that she's rumored to have gone ill after a visit of the Blackstaff, followed by the split in the Harpers - a prevalent rumor in my PbeM campaign IS linking these two together...

Guess we'll have to wait and see what follow-up products will bring. I don't suspect the new Waterdeep book will shed a whole lot of light on this - it'll probably only touch upon the Tel'teukira if at all.

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000