Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 Favorite Forgotten Realms adventure
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Alruane
Senior Scribe

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2013 :  21:41:33  Show Profile Send Alruane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Arcanamach

Hard to pin down just one. Ruins of Undermountain and Myth Drannor are both excellent adventures. Under Illefarn is an excellent beginning adventure. City of the Spiderqueen is a well-written adventure as well. Just too many to choose from.

Myth Drannor, I've always wanted to do that! Ever since I read about it the Elminster Novels.

" I wonder if you are destined to be forgotten. Will your life fade in the shadow of greater beings?"
~Joneleth Irenicus

"Wisdom? My dear boy, wisdom is knowing that you do not know everything. Wisdom is realizing, a wise man ALWAYS has questions. Not answers."

~Alruane
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2013 :  07:53:25  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's also the Night Below boxed adventure. It wasn't written specifically for the FR, but it had a VERY FR feel to it

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page

9thChapter
Learned Scribe

Canada
110 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2013 :  07:48:41  Show Profile  Visit 9thChapter's Homepage Send 9thChapter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Curious if anyone has run the Ruins of Myth Drannor for a party of lower level PCs? (level 3) Curious what the best 'lower level' FR adventure is. I quite like the way Wyrmskull Throne reads... haven't played it yet, though.

Fantasy author of The Rithhek Cage series

http://darrentpatrick.com/the-rithhek-cage-trilogy/
Go to Top of Page

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2013 :  17:29:31  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Arcanamach

There's also the Night Below boxed adventure. It wasn't written specifically for the FR, but it had a VERY FR feel to it

I've been running through the Night Below lately. Myself, the DM and the other players all got bored by the time we reached Glass Pool.

When life turns it's back on you...sneak attack for extra damage.

Head admin of the FR wiki:

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/
Go to Top of Page

Kusghuul
Acolyte

Norway
33 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2014 :  01:18:58  Show Profile Send Kusghuul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bizarrely, Ruins of Hellgate Keep. Iconic place, cool baddies (Sarya Dlardrageth, Khaanyr Vhok) and so much happens in it.
Go to Top of Page

idilippy
Senior Scribe

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2014 :  20:55:00  Show Profile Send idilippy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 9thChapter

Curious if anyone has run the Ruins of Myth Drannor for a party of lower level PCs? (level 3) Curious what the best 'lower level' FR adventure is. I quite like the way Wyrmskull Throne reads... haven't played it yet, though.

I did actually, converted to Pathfinder though I stuck in the Ruins as part of my modified Kingmaker adventure path. It worked well as a scary place to be low level, maybe too well because after they escaped the first time they didn't go back into the ruins for 5 or 6 more levels. Wild magic areas and dead magic areas, traps, monsters of all kinds, and great wonders all mixed in make the Ruins of Myth Drannor one of my favorite adventuring locations in the Realms.
Go to Top of Page

Cbad285
Learned Scribe

160 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2014 :  09:12:47  Show Profile Send Cbad285 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Quest for the Heartstone circa 1984. Requires some translations but man is it a good mod.

"Beware the Dream Fever!"
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2014 :  17:31:35  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For duty and deity
Go to Top of Page

Veritas
Learned Scribe

209 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2014 :  02:32:47  Show Profile  Visit Veritas's Homepage Send Veritas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
One heck of a necro thread, 2002 to 2013. I loved Night Below myself and general underdark spelunking. city of the Spider Queen is up there.
Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1151 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2014 :  22:17:21  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nightmare Keep, FMA1 City of Gold (in Maztica), and the short adventure in The Jungles of Chult adventure known as The Heart of the Jungle. I probably enjoyed that last one so much because James Lowder's Ring of Winter remains my favorite FR novel.

Follow the Maztica (Aztec/Maya) and Anchorome (Indigenous North America) Campaigns on DMsGuild!

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign
Go to Top of Page

Derulbaskul
Senior Scribe

Singapore
408 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2014 :  01:02:37  Show Profile Send Derulbaskul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Raiders of Galath's Roost from Dungeon 8x. What could be more Realmsian than drow, the Zhentarim, and a menacing cleric of Bane? :)

Cheers
D

NB: Please remember: A cannon is a big gun. Canon is what we discuss here.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000