Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Craft Beer Con gaming fundraising event
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wildeman
Seeker

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2022 :  17:51:44  Show Profile Send wildeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello all,
Craft Beer Con is a gaming event to raise money for the purchase of books, dice, and miniatures for school-based gaming clubs. We will also have silent auctions , a merchandise table, and reroll tickets for sale during the event.

This year we are expanding our online presence so that more individuals from the gaming, miniature painting, and 3D printing communities across the web can join in and contribute to the fundraiser.

Games like D&D are important. They support literacy, math, logic, and social skills. It promotes teamwork and critical thinking and provides a platform for kids to express individual creativity. It aids in developing articulate communication skills and motivates them to become effective listeners. The game helps open minds, build bridges, and inspires people who might not otherwise have come together connect to create remarkable and memorable experiences.

The largest hurdle for school-based gaming clubs is providing the books and base materials to play. With the money raised from Craft Beer Con over the last three years, we have provided this critical support to high school students. Join us in supporting this worthy cause.

CBC Facebook page...
https://www.facebook.com/Craft-Beer-Con-100946098162673

Discord...
https://discord.gg/XwQTyBh8zS

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me or post here.
Thank you all.
Sean Wilde

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2022 :  19:06:48  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And before anyone asks, I personally ran this one by Big Al before it was posted here.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

wildeman
Seeker

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2022 :  19:11:41  Show Profile Send wildeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And a huge thanks to Wooly and Big Al for their help and the support of the Candlekeep community.
Go to Top of Page

Gelcur
Senior Scribe

502 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2022 :  21:09:47  Show Profile  Visit Gelcur's Homepage Send Gelcur a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is there by any chance a regular old webpage or a PayPal donation link, for those of us who don't use Facebook or Discord?

Supporting school gaming clubs is very noble cause.

The party come to a town befallen by hysteria

Rogue: So what's in the general store?
DM: What are you looking for?
Rogue: Whatevers in the store.
DM: Like what?
Rogue: Everything.
DM: There is a lot of stuff.
Rogue: Is there a cart outside?
DM: (rolls) Yes.
Rogue: We'll take it all, we may need it for the greater good.
Go to Top of Page

wildeman
Seeker

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2022 :  21:24:29  Show Profile Send wildeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gelcur,
Absolutely. We are still working on some new (for us) ideas on how to get folks like yourself the means of getting involved easily and securely. We are looking into a Go Fund Me for the event so people can make donations. If you would like, feel free to pm me. And thank you very much for your interest. I started introducing my daughter to rpgs when she was pretty young. It really has helped her tremendously. It's part of what is motivating me now to volunteer my time efforts.

Btw everyone... I posted some photos of some minis that I painted and donated to the silent auctions last year in the CBC silent-auction-preview server if you would like to check them out. I'm not a great painter so try not to laugh too hard.
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6351 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2022 :  10:07:48  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think it's a great idea. In my twilight years I hope to be able to while away the hours by dming campaigns for younger folk.

Its gets my vote and coin

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

wildeman
Seeker

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2022 :  10:19:31  Show Profile Send wildeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Gary! Playing DnD with my daughter and my friends kids in our regular family game has been a hoot for sure.
Go to Top of Page

wildeman
Seeker

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2022 :  16:40:30  Show Profile Send wildeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've taken down the GoFundMe for the CBC. Apparently I got ahead of myself creating it and didn't secure the permission of the fundraisers governing committee. If or when they decided to do something like it I will be sure to post about it.

In the meantime, anyone wanting to donate can still work through me and I'll be happy to help.

Sorry for any hassle or confusion.
Thanks for your interest!
Go to Top of Page

wildeman
Seeker

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2022 :  22:33:35  Show Profile Send wildeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We now have received promotional support from Jason and Jen at Monument Hobbies. They have also pledged $75.00 in gift code support.

We are also really excited by all of the promotional support from other miniature painters who stream on Twitch, have YouTube channels, and Facebook pages.

Kenny Boucher of Next Level Painting, Jan of JanuineVision, Vince Venturella of Hobby Cheating, Sam Lenz of SamsonArts, Adam Loper of Tabletop Minions, Scott "Miniac" Walter and Jon Ninas of Trapped Under Plastic.

A big thank you to these wonderful folks!

We have also received a pledge of $100.00 in DMsGuild gift certificates from Ginny Loveday.

We have received pledges from John at Datasmasherstudios, who is an Etsy miniatures 3D printing vendor, for the donation of miniatures for this years silent auction.

And Brad of BradForge, who also is an Etsy miniatures 3D printing vendor, and will be donating some miniatures to be auctioned.

Please stay tuned to Craft Beer Con's social media to get more information and see exciting announcements regarding this year's event!

https://discord.gg/XwQTyBh8zS

https://www.facebook.com/Craft-Beer-Con-100946098162673/
Go to Top of Page

wildeman
Seeker

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2022 :  16:37:17  Show Profile Send wildeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Update: The fundraising event has decided to change it's name to Legacy GameCon... the previous name was a poor choice and was confusing as to what the event was for. The location and date/time has been locked down. Saturday, August 20th. 12:00 to 9:30.

If anyone is interested in making a donation via paypal, just private message me. We've had a really great response from sponsors this year.

Thanks,
Sean
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000