Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Forsaken House
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wood Elf Ranger
Senior Scribe

USA
627 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2004 :  01:11:21  Show Profile  Visit Wood Elf Ranger's Homepage Send Wood Elf Ranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Anyone know where I can get more information about Forsaken House
by Richard Baker?

I am very interested in this trilogy. I found it at Amazon.com (this link will take you right to the description)

It says it will be released on Aug 3rd! Thats right before my birthday *hint hint* hehe

~Lee N.

"Breaktime yes?!.. Yes?.. Maybe?.. Noo, baaack to work.." -Grovel the Goblin from NWN: HotU

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2004 :  02:04:44  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The following is from Richard Baker in a topic within this forum entitled: The Last Mythal

quote:

The Last Mythal tells the story of a sun elf wizard, Araevin Teshurr, as he confronts the plots of the daemonfey--Sarya Dlardrageth and her fey'ri. Sarya dreams of refounding the realm of Siluvanede in the Delimbiyr Vale, and exacting a very long overdue vengeance against the wood elves of the High Forest and the elves of Evereska. Worse yet, she's got her hands on the Gatekeeper's Crystal, a weapon that she can use to cause all sorts of trouble. To counter the daemonfey threat, Araevin investigates an ancient mystery embedded in a set of telkiira stones and finds himself in a race to find the loregems before the daemonfey do. Meanwhile, Evermeet struggles to send aid to Evereska and the wood elves, divided by a contentious debate as to the wisdom of fighting in Faerun so soon after sustaining terrible losses in Kymil Nimesin's attack on Evermeet and their expedition to aid Evereska against the phaerimm.

Old mysteries, High Magic, renegade mythals, ancient villains, epic battles--The Forsaken House has it all, and it's only the first book in the series. I'm pretty proud of it.

Go to Top of Page

Wood Elf Ranger
Senior Scribe

USA
627 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2004 :  02:17:26  Show Profile  Visit Wood Elf Ranger's Homepage Send Wood Elf Ranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thats exactly what I wanted to know! Thank you SiriusBlack! *runs off to pre-order Forsaken House*

~Lee N.

"Breaktime yes?!.. Yes?.. Maybe?.. Noo, baaack to work.." -Grovel the Goblin from NWN: HotU
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2004 :  02:20:26  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wood Elf Ranger

Thats exactly what I wanted to know! Thank you SiriusBlack! *runs off to pre-order Forsaken House*

Glad to help. Do some searches for messages with either Forsaken House or Last Mythal and you should find some scrolls on the upcoming novel. Ed Greenwood has raved about it more than once in his thread.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2004 :  05:53:33  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, some online dealers are showing this item as available to ship from anything between 1-3 business days. I just placed my order so wish me luck that I'll have it by this weekend. I'm really looking forward to this novel after hearing some strong praise in the EG thread.

Sirius who realizes he needs to finish SK by this weekend if everything lines up right.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2004 :  07:32:28  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll wish you luck...

But just be certain you're back here to fill us in on any exciting developments with the story...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

The Wanderer
Learned Scribe

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2004 :  12:53:45  Show Profile  Visit The Wanderer's Homepage Send The Wanderer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

Well, some online dealers are showing this item as available to ship from anything between 1-3 business days. I just placed my order so wish me luck that I'll have it by this weekend. I'm really looking forward to this novel after hearing some strong praise in the EG thread.

I was under the impression that we would not see this one for a few weeks yet (amazon lists it as available on August 3rd), but if you get your hands on it, be sure to let us know if you like it.

The Wanderer
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2004 :  14:49:49  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
I was under the impression that we would not see this one for a few weeks yet (amazon lists it as available on August 3rd)

Ah yes Amazon, the company that kept insisting A Feast For Crows would be out earlier this year even when the author's website stated that he had yet to even complete the novel.

That company is reliable on many details. Unfortunately, an FR novel's release date has never been one of them in my experiences.
Go to Top of Page

The Wanderer
Learned Scribe

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2004 :  16:35:07  Show Profile  Visit The Wanderer's Homepage Send The Wanderer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, deadlines are made to be broken (or preempted in this case), so I'm not suprised if this novel comes out at a different time. I'll be sure to pick it up as soon as I see it though.

The Wanderer
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2004 :  16:45:49  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Anubis

Well, deadlines are made to be broken (or preempted in this case), so I'm not suprised if this novel comes out at a different time. I'll be sure to pick it up as soon as I see it though.

In general, especially the paperbacks, FR novels have been coming out a bit earlier than what the release date has been reported.
Go to Top of Page

Scimitars of Drizzt
Seeker

Canada
77 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2014 :  23:14:32  Show Profile Send Scimitars of Drizzt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Instead of creating a new thread I will ask this here:

In what realm year is this novel set in? I cannot find it anywhere online, and I skimmed through all the relevant threads on the forum, taking care not to read spoilers. I exclusively read FR novels and I want to know what year this book was set in so that I may be able to gauge the best time to read it.

Thanks!

"Surrender now, or we will slay you!" the leader of the creatures called, a bit louder and more forcefully.
"A moment, please, my friend," Zasian said, motioning to the dwarf for patience. "We are discussing your terms."

"Ye heading off with Invo . . . Inno . . . that durned elf?"

Edited by - Scimitars of Drizzt on 21 Sep 2014 23:15:18
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2014 :  23:22:52  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Scimitars of Drizzt

Instead of creating a new thread I will ask this here:

In what realm year is this novel set in? I cannot find it anywhere online, and I skimmed through all the relevant threads on the forum, taking care not to read spoilers. I exclusively read FR novels and I want to know what year this book was set in so that I may be able to gauge the best time to read it.

Thanks!

According to O Love's Novels Timeline, most of it is in 1374.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Scimitars of Drizzt
Seeker

Canada
77 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2014 :  00:15:06  Show Profile Send Scimitars of Drizzt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, thank you for the link. I didn't search hard enough; I've actually been on that website before!
Well I'm sure that that is correct, I'm surprised something like this isn't made more clear or at least posted on the FR wiki.

"Surrender now, or we will slay you!" the leader of the creatures called, a bit louder and more forcefully.
"A moment, please, my friend," Zasian said, motioning to the dwarf for patience. "We are discussing your terms."

"Ye heading off with Invo . . . Inno . . . that durned elf?"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000