Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Realms Events
 Evereska and Prince Lamruil with the Tree of Souls
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Green Elven Vampire
Acolyte

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2002 :  02:45:19  Show Profile  Visit Green Elven Vampire's Homepage Send Green Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic

Why hasn't Lamruil done anything with Evereska? I wonder if he even knows about the sad event?
And now with the tree of souls planted far far up north there will be Elven High Magic again on Toril. Now.... How will this effect Evereska? How will this affect the entire North?

Luthnimh Selorn: Green Elven Vampire; Ranger/Arcane Archer/Sorcerer/Bladesinger.

"Aww, you think my arrow hurt? Would that my sword in your lung make you feel better? If not, maybe i'd tickle you with a Ball of Lightning spell. Or perhaps just sink my fangs into your neck and drain you of blood?"~~ Luthnimh Selorn; speaking to the weretiger Kyrran Graylord.

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2002 :  08:26:01  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Im very interested in this subject, of the abandoning of Evermeet etc. Is all this detailed in Evermeet: A novel as I havent come across it anywhere else.

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2002 :  10:05:42  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Green Elven Vampire said:

"Why hasn't Lamruil done anything with Evereska? I wonder if he even knows about the sad event?"

You have listed plot hole number one in the whole Realms of the Archwizards series. I honestly believe more aid would have come from other elven forces within Faerun than the novels indicated. However, while I have enjoyed Denning's work in the past, the last book seemed to just be set up for The Chosen to save the day. All in all, I was quite disappointed with how elves were treated and in the series as a whole.

In time, the only thing that can work it out would be to have Elaine Cunningham write a novel detailing Lamruil's new kingdom and what prevented him and others from offering aid to Evereska. At least that's what I hope happens.
Go to Top of Page

Green Elven Vampire
Acolyte

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2002 :  01:15:47  Show Profile  Visit Green Elven Vampire's Homepage Send Green Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree with you fully on the matter my friend!! Elaine needs to get permission to write a novel that details what Lamruil is doing!!

Luthnimh Selorn: Green Elven Vampire; Ranger/Arcane Archer/Sorcerer/Bladesinger.

"Aww, you think my arrow hurt? Would that my sword in your lung make you feel better? If not, maybe i'd tickle you with a Ball of Lightning spell. Or perhaps just sink my fangs into your neck and drain you of blood?"~~ Luthnimh Selorn; speaking to the weretiger Kyrran Graylord.
Go to Top of Page

Locced
Acolyte

New Zealand
6 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2002 :  11:12:49  Show Profile  Visit Locced's Homepage Send Locced a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Rad:

In Evermeet, at the end, Queen Amlaruil gave her son Lamruil the tree of souls to plant in the far north (further than icewind dale) which will restore Elven High Magic to the Mainland (or the part where the tree is) and create an island haven for the elves, partly in the hope, i think to restore the elves to the mainland and stop them all from fleeing to Evermeet. She also allowed him to continue his relationship with Laerals human daughter Maura as rulers of the new elven nation in hiding. basically. i think.

Whether anything eventuates... well, we'll see huh.
Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2010 :  20:19:55  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, now we know there was a realm called Auseriel created here, and it got annihilated quickly by some dragons... and Maura disappeared. I think it was a pretty lame ending to a great plot hook.

SiNafay Vrinn, the daughter of Lloth, from Ched Nasad!

http://zireael07.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2010 :  00:19:18  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zireael

Well, now we know there was a realm called Auseriel created here, and it got annihilated quickly by some dragons... and Maura disappeared. I think it was a pretty lame ending to a great plot hook.

There have been a lot of great plot hooks that got brushed to the side with a less than satisfactory ending.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2010 :  02:08:01  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

There have been a lot of great plot hooks that got brushed to the side with a less than satisfactory ending.

And some that have just been completely ignored -- like the Manshoon Wars!

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2010 :  05:47:03  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

quote:

Indeed. I was also thinking of the Harper Schism, as well -- those two plots being kicked to the curb still irks me.

Go to Top of Page

Elfinblade
Senior Scribe

Norway
377 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2010 :  18:46:32  Show Profile Send Elfinblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Indeed. I was also thinking of the Harper Schism, as well -- those two plots being kicked to the curb still irks me.

Indeed. I would also have enjoyed more about Halaster's apparent demise, and the return of Bane. Plot hook extravaganza!
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2010 :  02:06:47  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I'm hoping that there will be some follow-up to Maura's disappearance.

I remember reading it somewhere, I think it was the 4e FR Campaign Handbook but correct me if I'm wrong, that the protagonist from the Last Mythal series, Araevin, had travelled to Lamruil's realm to offer his services to the hidden elven kingdom. There was a line or 2 about how the two of them set off to go find Maura.

"Trust in the shadows, for the bright way makes you an easy target." -Mask
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2010 :  02:35:23  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DDH_101

quote:

I'm hoping that there will be some follow-up to Maura's disappearance.

I remember reading it somewhere, I think it was the 4e FR Campaign Handbook but correct me if I'm wrong, that the protagonist from the Last Mythal series, Araevin, had travelled to Lamruil's realm to offer his services to the hidden elven kingdom. There was a line or 2 about how the two of them set off to go find Maura.

I think it was in the last entries of the Grand History of the Realms... yes... 1380 DR, the Year of the Blazing Hand.

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

If it's comparable in power with non-magical abilities, it's not magic.
Go to Top of Page

Elfinblade
Senior Scribe

Norway
377 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2010 :  03:01:10  Show Profile Send Elfinblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lets hope this story will eventually see the light of day. I always liked Elaine's portrayal of Lamruil and Maura in Evermeet: Island of Elves, and had hoped she would write something regarding them and the new elven realm they founded. I guess we should count ourselves lucky if we see some mention of it at all in the years ahead.

Edited by - Elfinblade on 14 May 2010 03:01:53
Go to Top of Page

Kno
Senior Scribe

452 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2010 :  19:15:50  Show Profile Send Kno a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Was this city supposed to have a mythal or the elves would transform themselves into snow elves?

z455t
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2010 :  00:28:51  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kno

Was this city supposed to have a mythal or the elves would transform themselves into snow elves?

I'm guessing a mythal that kept the temperature in the city comfortable, and/or provided some form of cold resistance.

Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2010 :  17:47:59  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It wasn't good enough to protect them from a dragon attack though...

"Trust in the shadows, for the bright way makes you an easy target." -Mask
Go to Top of Page

Sousana
Acolyte

19 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2011 :  09:38:37  Show Profile Send Sousana a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, according to the Great glacier, there is a place up there where the ground is warm. The Novularond mountains. I always assumed this was where the tree was planted.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3736 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2012 :  05:25:15  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-Necromancy, but Mark and I collaborated on a map that showed the approximate path that was taken by the explorers in question and location of Auseriel. Any chance you still have that? I still have the article, but not the map.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2012 :  22:04:14  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elfinblade

Lets hope this story will eventually see the light of day. I always liked Elaine's portrayal of Lamruil and Maura in Evermeet: Island of Elves, and had hoped she would write something regarding them and the new elven realm they founded. I guess we should count ourselves lucky if we see some mention of it at all in the years ahead.

Very lucky indeed... although the opening of the timeline, if it actually happens, gives me some hope.

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2012 :  22:06:48  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elfinblade

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Indeed. I would also have enjoyed more about Halaster's apparent demise, and the return of Bane. Plot hook extravaganza!

Agreed on all counts... if we see the timeline opened up, they already have some great stuff to work with.

Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2012 :  22:08:35  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Karsus

-Necromancy, but Mark and I collaborated on a map that showed the approximate path that was taken by the explorers in question and location of Auseriel. Any chance you still have that? I still have the article, but not the map.

I'd love to see that map as well... do any other scribes still have this one?

Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3736 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2012 :  00:59:04  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jakk

I'd love to see that map as well... do any other scribes still have this one?

-Only he or I would have had it, and since I don't have it, either he does or it's gone. I am hoping it somehow survived, and it's not gone.

Elves of Faerūn
Go to Top of Page

TBeholder
Great Reader

2378 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2012 :  20:07:13  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Kno

I'm guessing a mythal that kept the temperature in the city comfortable, and/or provided some form of cold resistance.

quote:
Originally posted by Sousana

Well, according to the Great glacier, there is a place up there where the ground is warm. The Novularond mountains. I always assumed this was where the tree was planted.
Around the Great Glacier? The whole area was messed up with large-scale magic several times over. Most of the glacier itself is there not because it's cold up North, but due to a cold-related artifact somewhere down there; to the West of it lies the area where Netherese in their time did cast a lot of Mavin's Worldweaves, presumably running with gradual adjustment but no coordination, then the place was artificially dehydrated by Phaerimm, then consequences of Sharn vs. Phaerimm magic clashes, etc. South - anomalies produced by mythals, Lost Vale... Shades for all this running and screaming merely peppered and turned upside down one border of a plate full of already well-mixed salad.
There can be as many or as few warm and cold air and water flows as it takes - weather patterns gone haywire centuries ago, any rhyme or reason are purely coincidental.

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2012 :  05:40:06  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I didn't do a map - you might be thinking about the day-by-day log I wrote, supposedly by Amluiral documenting his trip. It was part of the Snow Elves article.

I know we discussed were it would have had to have been, so we probably had a good idea of where and when, but nothing that was ever mapped, IIRC.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 24 Feb 2012 05:41:00
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3736 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2012 :  21:38:14  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-I thought you sent me a map along with it. Clearly, though, not. Well, that solves that.

Elves of Faerūn
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000