Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Custom spells - what's your experience?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2021 :  19:53:43  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
GK: In the Baldur's Gate II video game there was a gnomish turnip salesman turned adventurer...I'm gonna have to reskin those cabbages into turnips now lol

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page

LordofBones
Master of Realmslore

1477 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2021 :  08:22:53  Show Profile Send LordofBones a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bloodtide_the_red

quote:
Originally posted by LordofBones
I'm looking at FR-exclusive spells right now, and I really have to ask what's so wonderful about Aganazzar's scorcher. Others are just variations on existing spells. The weird and powerful ones are all high level spells created by Elminster and friends...and you can pretty much duplicate Elminster's evasion with Craft contingent spell.

Well, not every spell, of course. Still Aganazzar's scorcher did have a bit more too it before 3e-5e made it "it just does pew pew fire damage".

How about Ray of Ondovior it's only 2nd level and forces a target to repeat their actions from the last round. Oh, but then maybe it never got updated? It does depend where you are looking for spell too.

Also note Ondovior is not "Elminster and friends". Really the Realms has tons of powerful spellcasters that make spells.

Ray of Ondovir suffered from being too powerful for its level. Note that even 5th level's dominate person prevents self-destructive orders.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000