Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 DM's Guild
 Cliffwatch Inn Endcliff Lane WATERDEEP Site Series
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2021 :  08:56:51  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Eric Boyd shared this link on one of the FR Facebook Groups I belong to. Man this is a great little piece!

Cliffwatch Inn

Not bad for 3.99. Looks like the author only made up one. If only we could get George, Eric, and maybe Ed to crank out some more! I would buy them all!

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep

Cards77
Senior Scribe

USA
745 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2021 :  02:57:17  Show Profile Send Cards77 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I kinda like it. It seems a bit thrown together. Lacking some practical floor plan layouts. Floorplan doesn't make much sense.

Also the Ward and neighborhood is extremely wealthy, and quite an exclusive spot. Hence the number of family and other villas in the area.

Not sure how the jakes would work with everyone dumping on each others heads.
Or how the wagons would get in and out of only one single row of storage. What happens when the wagon the back needs to get out?

Lacking some detail as well. Food is not at all specific or even Waterdeep related cuisine. "Summer greens" wouldn't even be available most of the year.

Other meals aren't even detailed.

Nor are the rooms detailed, mostly just "richly appointed".

It's ok but more like a $1
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2021 :  14:30:25  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Far too practical an article for Eric and I to produce.

We delve into the obscure and not necessarily useful.

— George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus

Edited by - George Krashos on 11 Aug 2021 14:30:42
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11695 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2021 :  16:46:51  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What's wrong with the jakes dumping on each others heads? Do you pay more to get to use the top jakes?

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Edited by - sleyvas on 11 Aug 2021 16:52:41
Go to Top of Page

Cards77
Senior Scribe

USA
745 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2021 :  17:20:02  Show Profile Send Cards77 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

What's wrong with the jakes dumping on each others heads? Do you pay more to get to use the top jakes?

I mean yeah the top floor is for the richer folk
Go to Top of Page

Cards77
Senior Scribe

USA
745 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2021 :  18:13:58  Show Profile Send Cards77 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Far too practical an article for Eric and I to produce.

We delve into the obscure and not necessarily useful.

— George Krashos

I disagree. The more esoteric and obscure the more useful it is to us "deep" FR DMs...
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11695 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2021 :  19:26:36  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cards77

quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

I mean yeah the top floor is for the richer folk

Yeah, if I'm an adventurer there, I'm paying the innkeep for the top floor jakes.... and if I'm the innkeeper, I'm adding stuff to adventurers drinks to give them the urge..... money makin' strategies!

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2021 :  20:59:38  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It sounds like an engineering problem. If you are willing to pay for a building plan, I might even give it a try. I thought the dmsquild required at least some rules of current edition. The reveiw however appears to only refer to the setting.

I do know it is more then just a building plan, that there does also need to be written descriptions concerning the building and people associated with it. That could make things a little harder to have a saleable product.

Edit: Corrected a typo

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon

Edited by - Kentinal on 11 Aug 2021 21:00:39
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000