Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Relentless - Chapter 29
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lavalle
Acolyte

Germany
3 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2021 :  13:06:08  Show Profile Send Lavalle a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I have just finished reading Relentless (R. A. Salvatore) to be ready for Starlight Enclave ;-)

There is already a general topic for this book with lots of posts/discussions, so I just have a question about Chapter 29 "of Fire Born" and the birthing magic spell.

I'm confused, because in this chapter – I think only in this chapter – it's always said that Matron Malice used the spell to defeat the priestesses of House Hun'ett, but I thought it was House De'vir.
it's mentioned several times in this chapter that the birthing spell was used against House Hun'ett.

Do I miss something or is it a mistake in the book?

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2021 :  15:36:48  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's a mistake. House Do'Urden did destroy House Hun'ett, but not with the birthing ritual.

The confusion, I think, stems from Alton DeVir pretending to be a member of House Hun'ett.

When life turns it's back on you...sneak attack for extra damage.

Head admin of the FR wiki:

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/
Go to Top of Page

Lavalle
Acolyte

Germany
3 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2021 :  10:34:00  Show Profile Send Lavalle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
this make sense, thanks for the clarification
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000