Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Forbidden Sands of Anauroch
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2021 :  14:30:43  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I just saw these on eBay: Forgotten Realms The Forbidden Sands of Anauroch issues 1 & 2 comic hardback.

I have these comics. They are not something I would personally recommend for someone looking for lore or a good story.

However, I know some folks -- like me! -- would be interested in having them, just to get closer to a complete collection of FR material. So I'm sharing this auction -- it's at a reasonable price, and these are somewhat rare.

Additional info: It was a planned run of 6 comics. Only 2 were published. If the remaining 4 ever saw print in any format, I've not heard of it. I've also never heard the reasoning for hardcover comics or why the series was not completed. The art has an anime/manga thing going on. The story may have eventually become something really good, but we only got 2 issues, and I don't recall being grabbed by them.

So, in summary, it's a meh incomplete series -- but it's rare FR material. You now have all the info I can offer.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2021 :  15:30:27  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have never heard of these.

When you say you wouldn't recommend it for lore, does it just retread existing places and use existing baddies and existing magic items.

Or does it have mostly generic people and places and things with the odd new character or baddie?

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2021 :  19:04:58  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gary Dallison

I have never heard of these.

When you say you wouldn't recommend it for lore, does it just retread existing places and use existing baddies and existing magic items.

Or does it have mostly generic people and places and things with the odd new character or baddie?

It's been years since I looked at them, but as I recall, it was generic stuff.

Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2021 :  23:20:49  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The sheer volume of stuff put out by TSR is frankly amazing. Granted, they had a bit of a freer hand, because they were creating everything from scratch and not having to fact check as much (they did have to start doing this more nearer the end... god bless Eric L. Boyd and Steven Schend for their time there). I can't believe that stuff like this came out and I knew NADA about it.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2021 :  23:49:56  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

The sheer volume of stuff put out by TSR is frankly amazing. Granted, they had a bit of a freer hand, because they were creating everything from scratch and not having to fact check as much (they did have to start doing this more nearer the end... god bless Eric L. Boyd and Steven Schend for their time there). I can't believe that stuff like this came out and I knew NADA about it.

I learned about them by seeing them on eBay one day.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000