Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 Who is Curudin Ahmaquissar?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

King Libertine
Seeker

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2021 :  21:29:03  Show Profile Send King Libertine a Private Message  Delete Topic
I Found him on FR wiki. Great background story and Ahmaquissar background. i understand that family is full of roguish families. I guess they or he follows Erevan Ilesere and i'd love to know more about him or that family.

King Libertine
Seeker

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2021 :  21:36:54  Show Profile Send King Libertine a Private Message
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13058

This is the link I was given.
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4684 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2021 :  22:12:36  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message
Well that was an NPC offered by a disruptive poster. I do find it unlikely found in a FR Wiki, however it is possible.

If you are not a resurrection of that OP, you would need to search that person on the web as my best advice.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2021 :  23:31:38  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message
Here we go again...

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2021 :  02:51:02  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
Curious. I find only one Ahmaquissar on the FR wiki, and it's not Curudin.

Also curious that the only other person to express interest in Curudin Ahmaquissar has been banned twice, and his last visit was the same day the King Libertine account was created. And a libertine, it could be said, would engage in debauchery...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2021 :  14:16:26  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message
Hurry hurry, grab his mask and pull it off and we will all gasp in unison! I've got the music all queued up to make a "Duh duh DUUUHHHH" noise.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Edited by - sleyvas on 29 May 2021 14:17:45
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2021 :  15:12:11  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

Hurry hurry, grab his mask and pull it off and we will all gasp in unison! I've got the music all queued up to make a "Duh duh DUUUHHHH" noise.

Before we can do that, me and Daphne are going to go off and, uh, look for clues...

Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2021 :  19:05:47  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

Before we can do that, me and Daphne are going to go off and, uh, look for clues...

Ruh-Roh!

"Iriaebor is a fine city. So what if you can have violence between merchant groups break out at any moment. Not every city can offer dinner AND a show."

My FR writeups - http://www.mediafire.com/folder/um3liz6tqsf5n/Documents
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3736 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2021 :  19:51:25  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message
-This friggin guy.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2021 :  02:52:00  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message
quote:

quote:

Sweet, that means me and Thelma will go the other way and look for clues...

Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2021 :  03:10:24  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

Sweet, that means me and Thelma will go the other way and look for clues...

Jinkies!

Go to Top of Page

Delnyn
Senior Scribe

USA
883 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2021 :  20:26:22  Show Profile Send Delnyn a Private Message
While you meddling kids look for clues, I'll chill out in the Mystery Machine and eat all the Scooby Snacks.
Go to Top of Page

LordofBones
Master of Realmslore

1477 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2021 :  06:37:14  Show Profile Send LordofBones a Private Message
Curudin was an insane rogue who claimed to be doing the will of Erevan Ilsere while sabotaging and ruining that god's name across Faerun. When a cabal of elven magi finally cornered him while he was trying to steal a moonblade, his swords withered to dust, his armor rusted into scrap in the blink of an eye, and his dexterous fingers swelled with gout, the joints between withering with age as Erevan's fury struck out against him from Arvandor.

Now he giggles and cackles to himself deep in the hospices of Sehanine Moonbow, his mind long since locked itself away in an eternal fantasy while pitying elven healers make sure he's properly cared for till his dying day.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2021 :  13:57:21  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by LordofBones

Curudin was an insane rogue who claimed to be doing the will of Erevan Ilsere while sabotaging and ruining that god's name across Faerun. When a cabal of elven magi finally cornered him while he was trying to steal a moonblade, his swords withered to dust, his armor rusted into scrap in the blink of an eye, and his dexterous fingers swelled with gout, the joints between withering with age as Erevan's fury struck out against him from Arvandor.

Now he giggles and cackles to himself deep in the hospices of Sehanine Moonbow, his mind long since locked itself away in an eternal fantasy while pitying elven healers make sure he's properly cared for till his dying day.

I did find it comical when CEV made claims like saying he knew Erevan Ilesere better than I know my own (late) mother, and then he would argue why Erevan was totally for things that canon Realmslore says Erevan would dislike. As I recall, his best argument for evil actions in Erevan's name was an author saying that someone wasn't necessarily good.

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 07 Jun 2021 13:59:45
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2021 :  15:33:16  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message
I don't miss CEV's "ridiculous uber builds" he liked to post. One of the many things that has soured me to the modern versions of D&D.

Alaundo of Candlekeep

Edited by - Brimstone on 07 Jun 2021 15:34:10
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2021 :  19:10:27  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

I don't miss CEV's "ridiculous uber builds" he liked to post. One of the many things that has soured me to the modern versions of D&D.

Well, people can come up with ridiculous uber builds for just about any edition, I think. Group I used to game with would routinely talk about particular combinations that would just utterly break things.

Though it was odd that CEV kept posting all these high-level builds and all then claimed he wasn't particularly into epic-level play...

I'm not familiar enough with the rules to say that his builds were ridiculous, but I know that I saw several of them where someone would say "doing this would be more effective" and then he'd argue it. And he also seemed to be utterly fixated on rogues...

His "okay, so you're 20th level and you've just been made a slave..." poll -- now that I will say was ridiculous.

Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2021 :  22:56:55  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message
Oh, I forgot about that one..... the one where "which build would you choose to be for this epic level character that you play that starts play as a slave" or something like that.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2021 :  23:53:52  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:

Oh, I forgot about that one..... the one where "which build would you choose to be for this epic level character that you play that starts play as a slave" or something like that.

That's the one.

Dude also seemed to get really upset with me when he posted a "How would you kill this NPC?" poll and then I said I couldn't give a response without knowing the why of it.

Seriously, though, the guy did have some good ideas... He just was overly fixated on rogues and Erevan Ilesere, and did not respond well to anything resembling criticism. I know we can all get defensive when we've come up with something we think is awesome, but he took it to extremes.

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 07 Jun 2021 23:55:29
Go to Top of Page

LordofBones
Master of Realmslore

1477 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2021 :  06:34:55  Show Profile Send LordofBones a Private Message
CEV's problem was his monomaniacal fascination with his OCs and his lack of understanding of 3.5e's systems. He also had no real idea about building characters and ran his character less Chaotic Neutral and more Chaotic Insane.
Go to Top of Page

TBeholder
Great Reader

2376 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2021 :  14:59:43  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by King Libertine

I Found him on FR wiki. Great background story and Ahmaquissar background.

Ahmaquissars are from Elves of Evermeet. Lands of Intrigue has a brief mention of Jhaan Ahmaquissar, however - a guy from Evermeet who hangs out with Count Gamalon and even appears in Tethyr's court.
quote:
i understand that family is full of roguish families. I guess they or he follows Erevan Ilesere and i'd love to know more about him or that family.

Curudin Ahmaquissar, of Erevan Ilesere this and that was made by CEV. Who spammed this forum with accessories for his fanfic (gigantic D&D3 datasheets that lacked only "Redundant Creature" template from Book of Oafish Might), until he was purged for a thoughtcrime.
(looks up) Also, his fanfic stuff on FR wiki was purged for being fanfic stuff.

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2021 :  03:51:13  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
He was banned for homophobic attacks on others here. You can stow that "thoughtcrime" BS -- he was blatantly attacking others, on multiple occasions.

Go to Top of Page

Delnyn
Senior Scribe

USA
883 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2021 :  20:01:00  Show Profile Send Delnyn a Private Message
Maybe we can wrap up this scroll. There is already a sticky available to tell the history.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3736 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2021 :  01:41:24  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by TBeholder

(looks up) Also, his fanfic stuff on FR wiki was purged for being fanfic stuff.

-Wow, that was a big post/erasure.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

King Libertine
Seeker

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2021 :  02:33:56  Show Profile Send King Libertine a Private Message
His stuff is interesting.

I am not focusing on him no matter what some may think, I only defend his ideology. But I just enjoy weird stuff in forgotten realms. I see a member of Candlekeep named Diffan that is also a elf fan boy and has helped gev in many prc's that i've look at on these boards. Yet you all respect his ideas and calculations. It's just odd that some are liked, and some are vilified.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2021 :  03:25:24  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:

I am not focusing on him no matter what some may think, I only defend his ideology.

Odd that you keep resurrecting his threads, then...

quote:

But I just enjoy weird stuff in forgotten realms. I see a member of Candlekeep named Diffan that is also a elf fan boy and has helped gev in many prc's that i've look at on these boards. Yet you all respect his ideas and calculations. It's just odd that some are liked, and some are vilified.

Yeah, so odd that someone who launches homophobic attacks at people that don't like his ideas gets vilified for it.

Go to Top of Page

King Libertine
Seeker

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2021 :  03:59:40  Show Profile Send King Libertine a Private Message
quote:

quote:

I am not focusing on him no matter what some may think, I only defend his ideology.

Odd that you keep resurrecting his threads, then...

quote:

But I just enjoy weird stuff in forgotten realms. I see a member of Candlekeep named Diffan that is also a elf fan boy and has helped gev in many prc's that i've look at on these boards. Yet you all respect his ideas and calculations. It's just odd that some are liked, and some are vilified.

Yeah, so odd that someone who launches homophobic attacks at people that don't like his ideas gets vilified for it.

Oi, Oi... I'm not sure homophobia is a issue here. I think you all micro-attack and micro-govern all of us. If you disagree it's rule and law. That's Cancel Culture at it's best.

"As Amlaruil Moonflower watched her statue tumble down from the gardens of Evermeet, she stayed invisible knowing that her peers would dismember her politically."

Not canon, but pretty much what you MODS do. You cannot accept changes to the canon lore. But changes to the FR in home brew is what the game is all about. Did Drizzt destroy the Crystal Shard, or did I?

The Tomb of Horrors..... did you beat that or did I?

Just saying... you people on here value things I don't. Was gev homophobic? I don't know. I love his writings, but his game is different than mine. Erevan Ilesere isn't even a part of my game. I like the fey deities, or the gnome deities. Elves are passe in my game.

Instead of all of you being Omega and Alpha... try being beta for a epic campaign. Try being a epic rogue in a party of 8, and you all die to a single LeShay.

Even a 20'th level Wizard would be destroyed by a LeShay. Even 4 20'th level wizards would be destroyed by a LeShay.

A LeShay alone is mega-epic... Give that LeShay class levels and you have a nightmare that will end your entire party, 10 strong, all 20'th level pc's.

So gev created a homophobic pc... wow... Unheard of? No... quite typical in standard game play. When Elmisnter lived as a woman for many years, was he bashed by male, men, looking for some crime in D&D that said he was in shame for being a woman?

Shame on you Elminster for being a woman for several years. You're so homophobic that you needed to be a woman for X amount of years.

Again, I do not advocate for gev or any of his ideas. I just advocate for free thinking and less micro-managing male feminists on these boards.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2021 :  04:50:28  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
Dude, you're not convincing anyone. Just stop it.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000