Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Depictions of the Dessarin Valley?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

John Daker
Seeker

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2021 :  20:57:38  Show Profile Send John Daker a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Background: I'm prepping a campaign for Princes of the Apocalypse and want to create full 1491 DR maps of several locations that aren't mapped in the book itself.

I'm trying to be as canonical as possible, and I want to look at fiction, sourcebooks, official adventures, magazine articles from Dragon/Dungeon/Polyhedron, old WotC "web enhancements," Greenwood tweets—anything with some claim to canonicity. For example, I reread Thornhold, took notes of each descriptive detail of Summit Hall, and am using those to produce full-color maps of that monastery.

I'm particularly interested in any depictions that might exist of Yartar, Beliard, Ironford / Womford / Bargewright Inn, and Helvenblade House.

But really, I'd like to look at any and all canonical descriptions, no matter how brief, of locations in the area shown on the Dessarin Valley map on p. 32 of Princes of the Apocalypse. This ranges from Amphail and Goldenfields in the south to Triboar and Yartar in the north, and from Conyberry in the west to the southwesternmost fringes of the High Forest in the east.

So far, I've got:

1. All the "campaign setting" supplements, from the original box set through Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide

2. North-specific supplements:
a. Savage Frontier
b. The North box set
c. Volo's Guide to the North

3. Waterdeep-specific supplements that have info on this area:
a. Waterdeep and the North
b. City of Splendors box set
c. CoS: Waterdeep
d. "Environs of Waterdeep" (cut material from CoS: Waterdeep)

4. Other supplements:
a. Dwarves Deep (info on Besilmer, p. 53)
b. Dragons of Faerûn

5. Adventures:
a. Lost Mine of Phandelver (info on Conyberry and Wyvern Tor)
b. The Rise of Tiamat (Dala Silmerhelve appears p. 20, Nymmurh appears p. 60)
c. Princes of the Apocalypse (obviously!)
d. Storm King's Thunder

6. Novels and short stories:
a. Thornhold
b. Sojourn (brief scene in Westbridge)
c. Tangled Webs (info on Yartar)

7. Magazine supplement articles:
a. “Wyrms of the North” articles:
i. Claugiyliamatar (lairs in Kryptgarden Forest at Deeping Cave, near Southkrypt, which is just off the map, so Deeping Cave could be just on the map; also brief bit of further detail on origin of Lance Rock)
ii. Nurvureem (appears in PotA)
iii. Nymmurh (House Silmerhelve’s “other friendly dragon” after Umsheryoth)
b. there's gotta be more . . .

8. Magazine adventures:
a. “Welcome to the Krypthome” (Dungeon 52, eastern Kryptgarden Forest)

9. The opening cinematic of Baldur's Gate III, offering various views of Yartar ca. 1493.

Any help you can provide would be . . . well . . . helpful!

maransreth
Learned Scribe

Australia
157 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2021 :  22:22:50  Show Profile Send maransreth a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Try https://jonas.liljegren.org/faerun/?fbclid=IwAR1rlQH2UEbjRIKwObXgtDb5O4CSx6GDo3PXUms4vBclD9itxkGea176nqA as I think this person has done a lot of the work for you.
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2021 :  17:35:14  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ed's map in Dragon #127 or #128.

The "Environs of Waterdeep" map (City of Splendors: Waterdeep web enhancement.)

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000