Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Lost pantheons in canon sources?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

varyar
Seeker

95 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2021 :  22:55:27  Show Profile Send varyar a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi all.

I'm working on a very old project (all the way back from 2007) called Deities and Demigods of Faerun, basically a Faiths and Avatars inspired work (albeit much much shorter and simpler) with a mix of original creations and more obscure powers from canon (the good elemental lords, etc.). I was thinking one fun boxed text thing for the Dead Gods part of the book would be a list and very short write-up of the lost pantheons of the Realms, the ones that vanished or merged into the uber-pantheon of the current day.

I'd love to incorporate things that are definitely established in a published FR book (such as the Netherese pantheon from the Netheril box set or the existence of a pre-star elf pantheon in the Yuirwood per the 3E Unapproachable East sourcebook (maybe even earlier, but I was rereading that one recently and noticed the reference)). Can anybody help me out in that regard? Thanks in advance!

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3736 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2021 :  03:10:21  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-Most of these "proto pantheons" have never been fully detailed, but there's been plenty of good speculation on this site.
Jhaamdath pantheon
Coramshan pantheon
Talfiric pantheon

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium

Edited by - Lord Karsus on 29 Jan 2021 03:11:12
Go to Top of Page

varyar
Seeker

95 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2021 :  13:42:37  Show Profile Send varyar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Karsus

-Most of these "proto pantheons" have never been fully detailed, but there's been plenty of good speculation on this site.
Jhaamdath pantheon
Coramshan pantheon
Talfiric pantheon

Thanks! I need to dig up Faiths and Avatars, I think it had a little bit of information about them.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000