Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 DM's Guild
 Siamorphe domains and speciality priests for 5e?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mrestos Khorvaen
Acolyte

Spain
48 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2020 :  14:32:47  Show Profile Send Mrestos Khorvaen a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello,
I've read the excellent Faiths of the Forgotten realms, but I haven't found any info about Siamorphe church current status. I think in Dragon's Heist there are some references to small shrines devoted to her. But no info about domains, paladins and such.
Do you know any DMSguild where I can find some info about the Goddess of Aristocracy?

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2020 :  15:51:11  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you don't have them, I'd recommend the following. Granted its for 2nd edition, but it gives good details on all the realms gods if you're looking for orders of knighthood, etc... It is pre-spellplague. However, its the best books on religion in the realms you'll find hands down if you ask anyone here.

This is powers and pantheons and it concerns some of the more uncommon deities such as Siamorphe
https://www.dmsguild.com/product/17535/Powers--Pantheons-2e
this is faiths and avatars and it covers the most common deities
https://www.dmsguild.com/product/17569/Faiths--Avatars-2e?term=faiths+ava

If I were to pick divine domains available to Siamorphe, I'd probably choose the Order domain from Guildmaster's Guide to Ravnica and the knowledge domain as options. Some might say life or light, but I feel those two are the ones that more closely match the goals of a Siamorphan cleric using her mind to lead.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Mrestos Khorvaen
Acolyte

Spain
48 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2020 :  21:45:33  Show Profile Send Mrestos Khorvaen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I already know the 2e works, they are really impressive.
I will lookinto the Ravnica stuff, thank you!
Go to Top of Page

TomCosta
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
954 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2020 :  15:13:43  Show Profile Send TomCosta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm working on a domain for her for my Forgotten Characters of the Realms 2. I'm nearly done, but time being what it is, I'm still probably a couple months away from completing it. Here's the current draft if its of use. Comments welcome.

Nobility Domain
Siamorphe is the lawful neutral goddess of nobility, the rightful rule of nobility, and human nobles and royalty.
Siamorphe’s clergy are instructed that nobles are the rightful rulers of the bulk of humankind provided that they keep fit for the task and responsibilities of rule. Nobles have the moral obligation to rule in the best manner possible for the people who serve under them even if their obligations conflict with their personal desires.
Moreover, the descendants of noble bloodlines inherit their charisma and potential for wisdom from their noble ancestors. Their family fortunes provide them enough leisure time to be properly educated as rulers. The regular inheritance of noble titles by strict inheritance rules reduces the potential for power struggles between rival claimants to leadership. A strong noble class that cares for the commoners of Faerun and looks out for their best interest is the most stable, fair form of government.
Clerics of Siamorphe are called highborns and often choose this Nobility variant of the Charm domainFCR. They often come from the noble background (PH 135-136) or its knight variant and in battle, don the best armor they can find and wield scepter-like maces.

Nobility Domain Spells
Cleric Level Spells
1st command, heroism
3rd augury, enthrall
5th beacon of hope, crusader’s mantle
7th compulsion, divination
9th commune, geas

Bonus Proficiencies
At 1st level, you gain proficiency with a heavy armor.

Noblesse Oblige
At 1st level, you gain the following benefits:

• You gain proficiency with the History, Insight, or Persuasion skill. You also gain proficiency with painter’s supplies, sculptor’s tools (cost: 10 gp; weight: 8 lb.), or a musical instrument of your choice.
• You use Charisma as your Spellcasting and Channel Divinity ability.
• You learn the friends cantrip. In addition, if you succeed on a Charisma (Persuasion) check contested by the target’s Wisdom (Insight) check, the target does not realize you’ve used magic to influence it and as a result, does not become hostile to you.
• You add the following spells to your cleric spell list: blade ward, charm person, comprehend languages, unseen servant, animal messenger, find steed, suggestion, dominate person, mass suggestion, and foresight. You also remove the following spells from your cleric spell list: inflict wounds, animate dead, contagion, create undead, harm, fire storm, and earthquake.
• With an augury spell, you can determine if a target descended from any noble bloodlines. With a legend lore spell, you can learn the details of the person’s lineage.

Channel Divinity: Noble Splendor
Starting at 2nd level, you can use your Channel Divinity to give yourself advantage on Charisma ability checks and Charisma saving throws and give targets of your enchantment spells disadvantage on their saving throws against those spells for the round.

Channel Divinity: Inspire Vassal
Starting at 6th level, you can inspire a target ally or underling within 60 feet of you that can hear you. The target gains temporary hit points equal to 1d8 + your Charisma modifier and is immune to being frightened for 1 hour.
In addition, once within the hour, the target can roll a d8 and add the number rolled to one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw. The target can wait until after it rolls the d20 before deciding to use the extra d8, but must decided before the DM says whether the roll succeeds or fails. The target cannot use the d8 to knowingly or unknowingly harm you or your interests.

The Power of Persuasion
At 8th level, when you cast an enchantment spell of 1st through 3rd level, you can empower the spell in one of three ways.

• You can double the duration of a spell that has a duration of 1 minute or longer;
• If the spell targets only one creature and doesn't have a range of self, you can instead target two creatures within range; or
• You can cause a single target of the spell to remain unaware that it had been charmed after the effect ends.

You can use this feature twice between short or long rests.

Noble Idol
At 17th level, your grace and charm have been blessed beyond that of most mortals. Your Charisma score increases by 2. Your maximum for this score is 22 now.
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2020 :  17:05:10  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just some off the cuff thoughts on the domain

You already add spells via the domain list, so why all the additional adds? I get most of the removals, and perhaps for each removal a spell of equivalent level should be matched for balance? So, inflict wounds (1st) maybe replaced with charm person... animate dead (3rd) replaced with aura of vitality... contagion(5th) replaced with dominate person ... create undead (6th) replaced with Mass suggestion .... harm (6th) replaced with Sunbeam . I don't see a problem with fire storm or earthquake as being ignoble, so they could probably stay on the list. All this being said, if the noble domain is so anti-death magic, then argument can be made for why is it that the LIFE domain or the LIGHT domain doesn't get these same options, because their deities would surely be pissed if their clerics were animating dead.

The ability to swap charisma and wisdom seems a bit "iffy" given that's a driving part of clerics and druids, but it opens up multiclassing into other things more (i.e. paladin, bard, sorcerer, etc..). Granted, multiclassing in this edition is a lot different than other editions.

I like the friends cantrip being free and the change to it to make it be not auto detected. I would recommend a slight change to it that you can only use it once per day on a given person, or maybe once per short rest.

On this part
You gain proficiency with the History, Insight, or Persuasion skill. You also gain proficiency with painter’s supplies, sculptor’s tools (cost: 10 gp; weight: 8 lb.), or a musical instrument of your choice.

So, 2 extra proficiencies (one of which isn't as useful being the tools). This borders on taking away from the knowledge domain, which gains two basically only info gathering skills and some languages. I'd recommend removing the first option entirely for history, insight, or persuasion. Also, I'd recommend changing up the list to be less artistic and more what traditional nobility was involved with. Learning an extra language wouldn't be bad. The musical instrument I buy, because that was something people would seek for fun and to entertain at parties. Traditional "women" nobles in the past did knitting, so perhaps weaver's tools? They would also be expected to write well even if they have scribes, so perhaps calligrapher's tools? They might also be expected to be able to read maps well and possibly even helping survey, so perhaps cartographer's tools and navigator's tools (one for land, one for sea trade)? They might also be expected to be good at games of tactics, so perhaps gaming sets (Dragonchess or three dragon ante). Perhaps even giving them the chance to be familiar with "yachting" and having proficiency with vehicles (sailing ship or keelboat)? None of these particularly give a party member an edge, but they're good flavor.

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Edited by - sleyvas on 30 Sep 2020 17:12:29
Go to Top of Page

TomCosta

USA
954 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2020 :  17:26:34  Show Profile Send TomCosta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank Sleyvas. I appreciate the feedback and will give it some thought. The spell swaps are just my way of tapping into some customization while trying to be balanced. It's easy enough to ignore. I'm good with the multiclassing and not terribly worried about it. In particular, I like the idea of possibly expanding the tool proficiency.
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2020 :  20:37:38  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TomCosta

Thank Sleyvas. I appreciate the feedback and will give it some thought. The spell swaps are just my way of tapping into some customization while trying to be balanced. It's easy enough to ignore. I'm good with the multiclassing and not terribly worried about it. In particular, I like the idea of possibly expanding the tool proficiency.

Yeah, admittedly, unlike 3e, the multiclassing is a harder pill for most folks. Being that you don't get the paladin bonus to saves until level 6, it becomes much harder of a pill to swallow, especially since ability score improvements fall on the multiples of 4. It does kind of make for an almost entire lack of multi-classing in this edition as a result, which kind of makes things more bland.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

TomCosta

USA
954 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2020 :  22:19:22  Show Profile Send TomCosta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not to derail the discussion, but the folks I play 5E with multiclass constantly to good effect.
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2020 :  23:26:58  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TomCosta

Not to derail the discussion, but the folks I play 5E with multiclass constantly to good effect.

Just wondering, with full caster classes? I can see the appeal with warrior classes or rogues, etc... when I've played, I have usually multiclassed, but it was also usually only a level or two, since it hurt my main class. If there are good full class builds in 5e, I haven't really noticed it, but I'm not mix/maxing this ruleset like I used to do 15 years ago.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

TomCosta

USA
954 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2020 :  16:40:04  Show Profile Send TomCosta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
One of the best I ever saw was a guy who swapped between warlock and druid. The concept was an imp with a wild dwarf familiar (flipping the roles) that he controlled. The dwarf summoned dinosaurs and had some inherent warlock features. It was a hoot, but also really effective.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000