Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Looking up elves online
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Archfey of Debauchery
Acolyte

23 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2020 :  17:35:57  Show Profile Send Archfey of Debauchery a Private Message  Delete Topic
I am fairly new to Forgotten Realms and have done several searches for info on elves, and these forums kept popping up with one member in particular. Copper elven vampire. I tried to PM him, but it keeps saying the member doesn't exist. I seen that his/her last post was 7/25/2020 so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Does any one know how I may contact him for information?

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3736 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2020 :  20:58:55  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message
-I was just cleaning this morning and got my kitchen sliding door so clean that birds might fly bang into them. This is more transparent than my doors. Don't be a weirdo, dude. Just take the L for now.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerûn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerûn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Archfey of Debauchery
Acolyte

23 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2020 :  21:41:37  Show Profile Send Archfey of Debauchery a Private Message
Huh?
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7968 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2020 :  22:39:51  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message
@Richard Cranium

Try clicking on the "PM User" link in Copper Elven Vampire's profile.

http://forum.candlekeep.com/privatesend.asp?method=Topic&mname=Copper%20Elven%20Vampire
http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=3701

It seems to work for me (using a Brave/chromium browser on a Win10 laptop). If it doesn't work for you then it's probably some kind of conflict with your browser - it's blocking the webscript or whatever - you can try clearing cache/cookies, you can try disabling blocking or making an exception when visiting this site, you can try Private/Incognito mode, you can try a different browser, you can try a different computer. If all these things fail then you're probably stuck behind a router which actively denies such traffic, you'd need to get the network admin to change some permissions or you'd need use a different network.

[/Ayrik]

Edited by - Ayrik on 03 Aug 2020 23:05:34
Go to Top of Page

keftiu
Senior Scribe

656 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2020 :  23:55:13  Show Profile Send keftiu a Private Message
CEV was banned for making a deranged, homophobic rant in the Queer Culture in the Realms thread where he rambled unprompted about BLM and said that he thought gay rights were a joke. I’m glad to see him gone.

4e fangirl. Here to queer up the Realms.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3736 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2020 :  00:48:22  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message
-And when obvious sockpuppets turn up, they should just lay low.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerûn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerûn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2020 :  03:55:20  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Karsus

-And when obvious sockpuppets turn up, they should just lay low.

I was wondering what was going on.

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7968 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2020 :  04:18:40  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message
The sockpuppet wasn't obvious when I replied above, lol.

I also didn't know CEV got banned. Because I routinely avoid scrolls with controversial topic titles - they invariably become places of argument and insult instead of places of D&D and Realmslore. I learned years ago that Candlekeep is not particularly well-suited for hosting certain kinds of discussions.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2020 :  04:38:24  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message
Oh, potential sock puppet, huh? Well, I will give the benefit of the doubt for now.

CEV isn't the only one here to have knowledge of elven lore. Perhaps make a thread and just ask whatever questions about elven lore you have? I can even recommend some novels and source books for you to check out.

CEV was banned for being a homophobic bigot, from my understanding (his stance was a total anathema to the Realms and elven culture, despite his knowledge of them), and it happened recently, which is why you are seeing posts of him on 7/25/20.

Sweet water and light laughter

Edited by - CorellonsDevout on 04 Aug 2020 04:55:39
Go to Top of Page

keftiu
Senior Scribe

656 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2020 :  04:54:42  Show Profile Send keftiu a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Ayrik

I also didn't know CEV got banned. Because I routinely avoid scrolls with controversial topic titles - they invariably become places of argument and insult instead of places of D&D and Realmslore. I learned years ago that Candlekeep is not particularly well-suited for hosting certain kinds of discussions.

FWIW, large portions of that scroll are full of killer lore, unpublished stuff from Ed, and some great fanwork. You’re missing out.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2020 :  05:33:06  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by CorellonsDevout

Oh, potential sock puppet, huh? Well, I will give the benefit of the doubt for now.

CEV isn't the only one here to have knowledge of elven lore. Perhaps make a thread and just ask whatever questions about elven lore you have? I can even recommend some novels and source books for you to check out.

I'd say that Snowblood or Lord Karsus would be more knowledgeable on elves. Snowblood did a whole lot of elven stuff on his own, and Lord Karsus was, unless I am mistaken, involved with the Elven Netbook project.

I think a lot of Snowblood's stuff was homebrew, but it was more based on existing lore and it wasn't just "hey here's epic elven rogue #429!"

quote:

CEV was banned for being a homophobic bigot, from my understanding (his stance was a total anathema to the Realms and elven culture, despite his knowledge of them), and it happened recently, which is why you are seeing posts of him on 7/25/20.

I generally do not comment on bans... But in this case, I will. This is entirely correct: CEV was banned for REPEATED homophobic outbursts. We do not tolerate any kind of bigotry here.

CEV was given a second chance and burned it; that will not happen again.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2020 :  06:09:01  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message
While not as knowledgeable as some, especially on the more obscure bits of lore, as an elf lover myself, I may be able to offer some things.

@Wooly. Yup, that is what I thought.

Go to Top of Page

Archfey of Debauchery
Acolyte

23 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2020 :  08:05:52  Show Profile Send Archfey of Debauchery a Private Message
Wow. harsh. So if a individual speaks their mind on a particular topic and you deem him/her vile, then everyone is in fact in violation of somebody's views. I've read the entire thread of "Queer Culture in the Realms" and I have yet to find his thread of hate. Was it deleted perchance?

It seems CEV is a nasty, disgusting person who teeters on the cusp of right and wrong. His lore is on spot, but his thoughts are corrupt? Am I getting this right? I would hate to imagine a normal person being convicted of a crime they had no representation from.

As I've read the entire article from top to bottom, I conclude that He or She is not entirely at fault. The subject matter leaves a gaping blank, and that person filled in a few blanks. I am not saying I agree with him/her, or any of you, but I will submit that matters of racism and homosexuality are open to discussion within the realms as we know it.

I have read several threads where CEV was attacked unfairly with his homebrew by certain people I choose never to name, and at the same time he/she has issued a normal outlook we all think about. I'm not quite sure what to make of this.

I certainly wouldn't go so far as to call that person a bigot or homophobe. Maybe that person thinks outside the box. Maybe that person is insane? Most homophobic people I know continue to push their issues. Just like the LGBTQ community, they say what they want without repercussion. Eventually that will end for the best. I for one think little on the matter, as FR is a wonderful world of all kinds of types.

Although I do not condone his/her words, I am also not offended by them. Those people who are by chance offended by his/her words need to consider a human with individual thoughts, like you all.

Is Elminster gay? Possibly! The evidence towards that is overwhelming as far as I have read. And so what if he is? Let Elminster be gay. I don't understand how strangers can be so critical against one person who made a great point. Not that the point was right, but it was his/her point regardless.

So am I to assume that ALL Candlekeep posters are Pro-gay? If that is the status quo, then I'm out. Not that I have anything against it, but to bully one person for putting their thoughts into a well spoken reply is absurd.

I have seen all of CEV's posts... that was the link that sent me here. He/she seems well established as a master of roguish elves. His canon is impeccable as far as I can derive from the internet, yet his homebrew seems a bit "NOVEL" esque.

I have noticed several profiles that seem to always hark after CEV. As a stranger I can see this plainly. Maybe he/she is a complete jerk? Maybe he/she is a bigot? Maybe he/she is just being normal?

Millennials are offended by a sneeze, so how can we take this seriously? As I read that entire article I can see how some of you would call him/her a bigot and racist or homophobic weirdo. I do see this, I do. But not in the measures some have posted above.

At this point I'm wondering. If you mention anything negative about queer culture in the realms you are branded a bigot? A homophobe? That seems to violate the community standards as well. If I said I love the police will I be branded a scumbag in the eyes of the current movement?

In the end we all play D&D and should come together, as opposed to saying nasty things about other people. Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending this person, just merely stating facts. I would love to hear from CEV personally, but apparently, he/she has been banned from the community.

Maybe some people should try very hard not to judge other people, unless that judgement falls into your lap.

Hell, I wonder if I will be subjected to the same injustice that CEV has seemed to acquire just for saying this.

And BTW, what is a Sockpuppet? I'm lost to that term on the internet.

Go to Top of Page

Archfey of Debauchery
Acolyte

23 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2020 :  08:08:22  Show Profile Send Archfey of Debauchery a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by keftiu

quote:

FWIW, large portions of that scroll are full of killer lore, unpublished stuff from Ed, and some great fanwork. You’re missing out.

See... that was a nice thing to say. Are you all going to diss Keftiu because he really enjoys CEV's work like I do?
Go to Top of Page

keftiu
Senior Scribe

656 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2020 :  08:44:30  Show Profile Send keftiu a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Archfey of Debauchery

quote:

quote:

See... that was a nice thing to say. Are you all going to diss Keftiu because he really enjoys CEV's work like I do?

Misgendering me is a nice touch.

Go to Top of Page

Archfey of Debauchery
Acolyte

23 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2020 :  08:50:23  Show Profile Send Archfey of Debauchery a Private Message
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Misgendering you? Not sure that ever happened. I was just backing you up in your words. Gender didn't even come into your post. Wow. are you all so hateful?
Go to Top of Page

keftiu
Senior Scribe

656 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2020 :  09:09:42  Show Profile Send keftiu a Private Message
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Misgendering you? Not sure that ever happened. I was just backing you up in your words. Gender didn't even come into your post. Wow. are you all so hateful?

You called me “he,” you goofball.

Go to Top of Page

AJA
Senior Scribe

USA
747 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2020 :  09:24:20  Show Profile Send AJA a Private Message

You could not have gone from embarrassing to pathetic to psychotic any faster if you were in a time-travelling DeLorean.
quote:
Originally posted by Totally Not Copper Elven Vampire

I'm impressed. Very well written and mechanics as well.
I love it. Almost all your homebrew prestige classes are great. Keep them coming.
His lore is on spot
He/she seems well established as a master of roguish elves.
His canon is impeccable

By all means, tell us more about what a cool guy this Copper Elven Vampire fellow is.

Edit:
quote:
Originally posted by simplejack
I think he should be the Grand King of The Laughing Hollow. He is the strongest character in the game yet he is very under utilized or underrated. I don't know why people doesn't use him as often.

Oh dear.

AJA
YAFRP

Edited by - AJA on 04 Aug 2020 09:32:33
Go to Top of Page

Archfey of Debauchery
Acolyte

23 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2020 :  10:01:32  Show Profile Send Archfey of Debauchery a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by AJA

You could not have gone from embarrassing to pathetic to psychotic any faster if you were in a time-travelling DeLorean.
quote:
Originally posted by Totally Not Copper Elven Vampire

I'm impressed. Very well written and mechanics as well.
I love it. Almost all your homebrew prestige classes are great. Keep them coming.
His lore is on spot
He/she seems well established as a master of roguish elves.
His canon is impeccable

By all means, tell us more about what a cool guy this Copper Elven Vampire fellow is.

Edit:
quote:
Originally posted by simplejack
I think he should be the Grand King of The Laughing Hollow. He is the strongest character in the game yet he is very under utilized or underrated. I don't know why people doesn't use him as often.

Oh dear.

Huh? If you're being coy, I don't get it. Again, you all seem so hateful. Trolls really. Who the heck is Simplejack and why would I support a member I don't know? I said I liked his style of writing and his prestige classes. How does that make me anything else but a candlekeep poster? I think EVERYONE here knows you're being a little hate-filled on this CEV character. I am triple curios as to why you hate him/her. In the past 2 hours, I've read 10 threads of CEV. Nothing says racist or homophobic to me. I'm a gay man. Married in Massachusetts last year. Nothing i've read seems against gay people. Yet you all had him banned? I'm thinking this is a bad place to talk about FR without judgement. I will certainly mention this on our Podcast on XM 106

Go to Top of Page

Archfey of Debauchery
Acolyte

23 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2020 :  10:07:16  Show Profile Send Archfey of Debauchery a Private Message
quote:

Does there have to be a "MOST" knowledgeable person on Candlekeep about elves? It just seems very strange to me that without even a whisper this person... Male or female is judged and condemned. I see now that the Candlekeep forums are biased and discriminating. Can CEV please come forth and say something?

Go to Top of Page

Archfey of Debauchery
Acolyte

23 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2020 :  10:30:13  Show Profile Send Archfey of Debauchery a Private Message
quote:

CEV was banned for making a deranged, homophobic rant in the Queer Culture in the Realms thread where he rambled unprompted about BLM and said that he thought gay rights were a joke. I’m glad to see him gone.

Okay... so I'm gay. Like have relations with men gay. lol. I've read the entire thread. How was he homophobic? I think he touched on a great subject. You banned him or her for that? So really the Moderators must be homophobic to not allow such talk in a open thread.

ok, whatever, blm is a joke to him or her. He or she made great points in both matters. But to deactivate a persons profile because they are gay?? WOW. That is going on my show tonight. This whole website is under question now that I've joined and seen that it's full of trolls.

Within 2 hours I commented on CEV's post of Erevan Ilesere in -30,000 DR. Out of the blue there are people in the thread saying unintelligent stuff, and defaming CEV, calling him a bigot and a piece of crap.

Like seriously, that's insane. I'm talking to you Wolly Rupert. You seem to be a catalyst for hate when it comes to CEV. Did he/she marry your ex-wife? Did he love your ex-girlfriend? Why do you bear so much hate for him or her? Her stories are sound.

I was going to post the stats for my Gay wild elf, but I realized that certain people on the Candlekeep forums are biased and racist themselves. Mostly Wooly Rupert. So I cannot post my gay PC without fear that he will say something rude and nasty.
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2020 :  15:46:17  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message
quote:

quote:

Does there have to be a "MOST" knowledgeable person on Candlekeep about elves? It just seems very strange to me that without even a whisper this person... Male or female is judged and condemned. I see now that the Candlekeep forums are biased and discriminating. Can CEV please come forth and say something?

No, there doesn't have to be a most knowledgeable person in regards to elves (or any subject). My point was that you kept asking after CEV, but there are others here who could also probably answer questions you have about elves, so perhaps just pose a question to the Keep. I myself could recommend some novels and sourcebooks for you to look at. Evermeet: Island of Elves by Elaine Cunningham is a fantastic novel about the history of the elves. If you haven't read it yet, I highly recommend it. I am an elf lover, myself.

The homophobic comments CEV made were deleted, as far as I know, which is probably why you aren't seeing them. He wasn't removed because he was gay (I don't know his orientation), but because he was being openly *homophobic*. And this instance happened more than once. I didn't actually see most of the comments myself, because they were gone by the time I was notified someone had posted, but I think it was more than just a simple "I don't agree with this". From my understanding, he said some pretty nasty things. But again, I wasn't actually there.

I saw the beginnings of his rant the first time it happened, which was a while back. He was given a second chance, but then it happened again, which is probably why he was removed.

I am a queer person myself, and my world is basically one big rainbow lol. I cannot speak fully on what happened with CEV, because I wasn't around when it happened, but I saw the aftermath, and again, the first time he started going on a homophobic rant, I saw his first few posts on it. The Realms is pretty queer friendly (as you can see in the Queer Culture in the Realms scroll). The Seldarine (elven pantheon) are known for being genderfluid, which also means they could be whatever gender they wanted with each other. I do not know if CEV was aware of this or not, but given the time he spent on Erevan (one of the elven deities), he should have been, as this lore has been around for a while. So...I don't really know why he would go on such rants.

Edited by - CorellonsDevout on 04 Aug 2020 16:51:24
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2020 :  16:59:45  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
Don't waste your time; Archfey was CEV, and pretending to be someone else was some bizarre plot of his.

Prolly should have closed this topic earlier.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 04 Aug 2020 17:00:47
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000