Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Imagine: Foxiytaurs a tauric fox race
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Baltas
Senior Scribe

Poland
955 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2020 :  02:28:25  Show Profile Send Baltas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

I-na-li

Hmmm, Ee'na'li ....

"We are the Ee'na'li, protectors of the purple apples of Pa'na'lu Grove".

Sound good or goofy?

I think it sounds good.
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11695 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2020 :  03:17:06  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kentinal

sleyvas I have seen many of your work and I do understand you are still learning. You though doing much better then I, because right I now can not do any of that you have already done.

Its all good. I thank you for the honest feedback, because so many people won't do that. BTW, since we're talking about my 3d models, let me share something with you that explains why I get a kick out of making these things.

https://www.thingiverse.com/make:834961

Click that. Its rare that someone shows me a make of one of my models, but this guy just did a couple hours ago. It tickles me like you don't know to see someone else making something for real out of something I dreamed up and painting it. He did a really good paint job too. You can see my painted version that I did in paint3d beside it.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

LordofBones
Master of Realmslore

1477 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2020 :  15:07:15  Show Profile Send LordofBones a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm...I'm sorry, the concept is interesting but...foxytaurs.

It's just...foxytaurs.

It sounds like a 90s Disney cartoon.
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11695 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2020 :  17:28:42  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LordofBones

I'm...I'm sorry, the concept is interesting but...foxytaurs.

It's just...foxytaurs.

It sounds like a 90s Disney cartoon.

LOL, I know, I was smiling when I wrote it up. The fact that "foxy" is a bit of a slang term in our society tickled my funnybone (everytime I hear it, I picture them shaking their hair). That being said, I like the idea that humans came up with that name and used it... because you hear it and you can almost see the race without having to go "what's that?". It makes it even better that the foxiytaurs hate it, as it becomes a schtick for a player to use.... its like that nickname you give to a friend that they hate (yep, that friend you have that's lactose intolerant and got the nickname "stinky").

I'm also really liking the idea that they are fiends for any kind of cooked fruit, especially in baked goods. I picture these guys as just a little hyper. I'm picturing their racial bonuses in dex and charisma, and bards are probably really common, as they're natural storytellers.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11695 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2020 :  16:08:05  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So, on a backstory for them, read this, give feedback for improvements. Anchoring them more to Anchorome.

They were originally a tribe of Uldra (a small fey race who lives in tundra) who travelled to the Spirit World fleeing the service of the Queen of Air and Darkness for freeing a prisoner from her jails. The prisoner was a beautiful, flaxen haired woman of great life energy, and it was whispered that the Queen planned to present her to the Black Diamond. The Uldra were being pursued by the forces of her trusted servant, Shakak the Winter Spirit, and were continually tracked by scores of black and white magpies. They had no food, but each night when they sought a place to rest, the maiden would spread her arms and present them with a stack of maize, for the prisoner that they had freed was no less than one of the Corn Maidens. Each morning, they would see the white, bear-like forms of their Urskan pursuers on the horizon, their bronze armor flickering in the reflection off the dawn cock's fiery feathers and betraying them, for the Sun Father held no love for Shakak nor the Urskan.
On the first night, they came to an encampment of a clan of snow elves, and they offered to share their bounty of corn with the elves if they might be able to simply share their fire for the night. The elves readily agreed, and asked their god, Fenmarel Mestarine to bless the uldra and the Corn Maiden. The next morning, a pack of wolves appeared to carry the uldra and the Corn Maiden, just moments before the Urskan set upon them. The snow elves instructed the uldra to flee while they held the mighty bear folk at bay, dying one and all, causing the Corn Maiden to weep in sorrow for the tragedy her freedom had caused. The uldra did give praise to Fenmarel Mestarine for his gift, for surely they would have died without it.
On the second night, the Uldra came to a frozen forest, where they met a large family of the tiny squirrelfolk known as Kercpa. The Kercpa told the Uldra they would help guide them through the forest to evade their pursuers, and called upon Rititisk the Clever for aid. Rititisk heard their pleas, and he did encourage that the great caribou, Besparr the Manylegged, and his rabbit mount, Harifur, should breed. The next morning, a nesting of newborn giant jackalopes did appear in the forest ready to bear the Uldra and the Corn Maiden away from their pursuers. As well, a group of moose-headed Shatjan and a tauric deer folk had been sent from the spirit world to harry the bear folk. As the Urskan did approach, the wily kercpa caused great net traps entrap their pursuers and slow them down, and together they fled deeper into the forest. Staying high in the trees, the kercpa did harry the Urskan and hurl curses upon them for their evil, allowing the uldra to escape their pursuers. The Shatjan did take great bone axes and hold back the Urskan, while the deer folk did pepper them with arrows from range. The Urskan, with great loss of life, did retreat from this thread, vowing they would get revenge upon the rebellious uldra that had cost them so much. The uldra did give praise to Rititisk the Clever and Besparr the Manylegged for their gift, for surely they would have died without it.

One the third night, they came to a tribe of short ones living in a grove of giant honeysuckle, flowering apple trees, and large thickets of blackberries. The short ones listened to the story of the uldra's plight and agreed to let them stay for all of the corn provided by the Corn Maiden. The short ones did pray to their goddess, Sheela Peryroyl, for aid. Their goddess heard and instructed them not to eat of the corn, but rather to separate the corn kernels and put them in great pouches. She also instructed that the cooks amongst the short ones must provide food for the uldra and corn maiden. Working hard overnight, the short ones did as their goddess instructed. They did prepare for them a great feast of honeyed cakes, applie pie, and blackberry tarts, packing them in woven baskets so that the uldra may carry them with them to eat as they ran. and the uldra did praise the short ones for their generosity. But in the morning, the growls of the Urskan could be heard on the horizon, and they saw that their giant jackalope mounts were slaughtered and being eaten by the hungry bear folk. All knew that death was upon them, and soon the Urskan turned towards the short one's village with a hungry gleam in their eyes. The short ones wasted not a moment and began hurling the corn kernels from their pouches and fleeing the village. They told the uldra to hurry on their way, for their goddess had sworn she would protect them. As the light of the dawn cock's feathers struck the corn kernels, they burst into full bloom, and within moments a forest of corn stalks separated the uldra and the Corn Maiden from their pursuers. The uldra did give praise to Sheela Peryroyl for her gift, for surely they would have died without it.

As they fled the Urskan, the uldra began to grow tired and footsore, and they feared that the bear folk would soon catch them. It was then that they came across the spirit of Wily Fox, for he had heard of the uldra's plight from the ever gossiping Rititisk the Clever, and he decided to meet them and see if they were deserving of his aid. Wily Fox did appear to them, and offered to walk with them. When the uldra complained of being tired, he noted that he was just getting warmed up. When the uldra complained of walking on hills, he noted that his four paws made such travels easy. When the uldra complained of being overly hot, he simply laughed and said that their bodies were not made for the warmer weathers that they were approaching. Finally, the uldra grew tired of his boasting and told him that they were glad that he had no such difficulties, but they were not like him, and that they were tired and needed a place to rest. With a sly look, Wily Fox then did look at them and asked "Would you like my help to lessen your plight? I know of a place where you can stay that will help you. You have but to ask and swear to be friends of the forest, and I shall make it so". The uldra quickly agreed, and Wily Fox led them to a den of young fox pups and told them that they should sleep with the pups for the night. The next morning Wily Fox was gone, but they awoke to find their bodies had changed. From the waist down, their bodies were that of a fox, and their torsos were more suited to the warm weather. Instinctively they knew that they were now his people, the Ee'Na'Li, and they must offer him praise. With renewed vigour and hope, the Ee'Na'Li and the Corn Maiden once again set off with the Urskan still in pursuit.
On the fourth night, they met a clan of forest gnomes living in an oaken grove protected by dryads. The forest gnomes offered them the comforts of a bed, warmth of a fire, and prayers to Baervan Wildwanderer. Baervan heard their pleas and asked his raccoon, Chiktikka Fastpaws, to send aid. The dryads did call upon Verenestra the Oak Princess. Seeing her friend, the Corn Maiden, in jeopardy, the sylvan princess swore that she would protect them. The next morning, the Ee'Na'Li and forest gnomes feared that the urskan would fall upon them and devour them. The dryads looked upon the sharp axes of the urskan and feared for their precious tree homes. But, as the Urskan did approach the village, great thorny vines did grow to hinder their pursuit and tangle in their fur, and so the Urskan decided they would besiege the gnomes and eat them when they left to seek food. Cruelly did they laugh at their brilliant plan, for they were tiring of this pursuit, and surely they had finally caught their prey and had but to wait them out. The uldra and forest gnomes were afraid, for though Verenestra was surely protecting them, still they knew that they were caught. But, in the light of the dawn cock's first blush, they found that a number of the gnomes were transformed into a raccoon folk and blessed with knowledge of a path through the sticky thickets that no bear folk could follow. Thus did they all flew through a hidden tunnel amongst the vines in secret, leaving the Urskan behind around an empty village. The Ee'Na'Li and gnomes did give praise to Baervan Wildwanderer and Verenestra the Oak Princess for their gifts, for surely they would have died without them.

The Urskan could only be fooled for so long however, and their magpie scouts soon caught sight of the Ee'Na'Li and the forest gnomes. The Urskan knew they had been tricked, and feared the wrath of Shakak the Winter Spirit and his Queen, even though they had gone far beyond the ice and snow of the tundra lands. They soon took up the pursuit again, without making camp, and become tired and footsore and hot. Along the way, Wily Fox and Rititisk the Clever did appear, just outside of the Urskan's reach, but not outside of their hearing. The two great spirits did jabber back and forth, laughing at the plight of the Urskan, for surely they would not catch the Corn Maiden and would be disciplined for their failure. Surely their punishment would be a slow and painul death, mocked Wily Fox, to which Rititisk agreed most fervently. The Urskan began to grumble of their plight, and some even swore of their hatred of their cruel mistress and her unforgiving nature. If only they had some way to escape the Queen's ire, they would surely take it, for they cared not what happened to the Corn Maiden. To this, Wily Fox replied, "Well, surely if that is the case, I may know a friend who can protect you. He is strong and brave, much like yourselves, and if you swear yourself to him, he will not be afraid to stand up against your queen in the warm lands, for surely she cannot stand against him here. You have but to prove yourself by turning against any who refuse to stand against your queen, and I can bring him here to protect you. Surely this is not too much of a price to pay?" The Urskan then did stop their pursuit and begin arguing amongst themselves, and the bear folk found themselves split in their minds as to what to do. One faction finally swore that they would stop their fellows at all costs should they choose to continue to pursue the Ee'Na'Li and the Corn Maiden. It was then that a great bear spirit, Magnaer the Strong, appeared above them and waved his mighty paw, and those who stood boldly found their fur stained brown and black and their claws imbued with divine power. His command was simple, stop those who stood against his will and that of the great spirits of the forest. The bloodshed was quick and their fury terrible to behold, and afterward the bearfolk did feel sorrow at their actions. It was then that a second bear spirit, Magnaer's mate, Balanis the Honey Princess, and she did tell them that they must forgive each other and themselves, for evil is a festering sore upon the world. She told them she would provide them a drink which would help them and soften their hearts against their guilt, if they would swear to sing the praises of herself and her mate. The bear folk did quickly agree, for the pain of their sorrow was heavy indeed, and Balanis did turn a nearby river into a river of honey mead. The bear folk did drink deeply from this river, and they found their guilt lessening with each drink. From the edge of the forest, Wily Fox did watch the bear folk, and he knew the Ee'Na'Li and the Corn Maiden were now safe, and slowly a grin did spread across his face.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000