Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 A decent Module for Epic-level PC's.
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2020 :  04:47:06  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Our campaign played the Spider Queen adventure and lived. We played Undermountain and survived. We played the "Shadow" trilogy and came out better than before we started.

We are in need of a new adventure that can excell our hopes. Stop slaying the elves.... maybe focus on something from the East? A Shou invasion perhaps? Maybe the Arch-Wizards of ancient Shou desire to expand westward.

Maybe the Warrior-Monks of Kara-Tur are tired of the East and want a new adventure in Western Faerun. I'm sure the Star Elves would remain hidden and let Thay and Rasheman fend for themselves in that matter.

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2020 :  17:39:29  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How about taking an old movie that not everyone has seen and adapting that? Or, something closer to home? Sure, they could evaporate a planet with a single spell but what about solving a friend's murder? I can think of at least 2 different adventures my guys went through because of someone close getting killed.

"Iriaebor is a fine city. So what if you can have violence between merchant groups break out at any moment. Not every city can offer dinner AND a show."

My FR writeups - http://www.mediafire.com/folder/um3liz6tqsf5n/Documents
Go to Top of Page

Archfey of Debauchery
Acolyte

23 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2020 :  17:42:04  Show Profile Send Archfey of Debauchery a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How about your epic level pc's try to expose the racism of sun elves of House Durothil on Evermeet?
Go to Top of Page

King Libertine
Seeker

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2020 :  21:56:27  Show Profile Send King Libertine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Second Edition For Duty and Deity was pretty epic even though it's not involved with 3.5 mechanics. I played CoTsQ and can say we started with 7 player characters and finished with three PC's. I was one. My air genasi Elemental savant barely survived to the end. Needless to say, us survivors had a morale of 0 after most our party perished. Tough adventure. If you want something truly epic to play, why don't you try killing the queen of evermeet, or killing elminster, or storming the gates of Grazzt, or pick out a den of Phaerimm?

A joke: A phaerimm, a Sharn and a Shade walk into a bar... The phaerimm says to the barkeep, "Give me 4 pints of ale". The Barkeep says "There are only 3 of you.", and the phaerimm replies, "I have 4 arms you dolt." lol.
Go to Top of Page

Compaste
Acolyte

21 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2020 :  07:31:35  Show Profile Send Compaste a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can think of at least 2 different adventures my guys went through because of someone close getting killed.
Go to Top of Page

PattPlays
Senior Scribe

469 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2020 :  09:17:52  Show Profile  Visit PattPlays's Homepage Send PattPlays a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by King Libertine

Second Edition For Duty and Deity was pretty epic even though it's not involved with 3.5 mechanics. I played CoTsQ and can say we started with 7 player characters and finished with three PC's. I was one. My air genasi Elemental savant barely survived to the end. Needless to say, us survivors had a morale of 0 after most our party perished. Tough adventure. If you want something truly epic to play, why don't you try killing the queen of evermeet, or killing elminster, or storming the gates of Grazzt, or pick out a den of Phaerimm?

A joke: A phaerimm, a Sharn and a Shade walk into a bar... The phaerimm says to the barkeep, "Give me 4 pints of ale". The Barkeep says "There are only 3 of you.", and the phaerimm replies, "I have 4 arms you dolt." lol.

I will jump on the For Duty and Diety/Grazz't thing. If you want to test epic PC's who know nothing but dungeons and questing, kick their butts to the outer planes. Magic doesn't work reliably, physically taxing environments, and plenty of classic objectives to throw yourself at.

From my cosmic heist campaign notes... as well as off the top of my head:
>Steal from Baphomet's lair on Mt. Celestia
>Free an imprisoned creature from Carcerai
>Take over an entire battle-cube in Acheron and challenge Malgubyiet
>Use magic to bring the Spawning Stone outside of Limbo and drop it on some poor helpless material plane and watch as thousands of modrons show up to carpet the world in grey goo trying to fix the problem, stampeding those who live there, ruining the entire material plane
>Dare each-other to see how long you can last in the Prime Material Plane
>Leave all known reality behind and explore the realm of the Overgods and have your pick of infinite crystal spheres being released out of Thoon's cosmic rear-end
>Claim an egg of an Epic Dragon species
>Travel to realmspace and explode a planet or other celestial body just for the hell of it
>Go to Ysgard's fields of battle and challenge the entire plane's petitioners to fight you to the death each day until you survive into morning
>Win a debate against Primus (good luck)
>Learn a true name of a Daemon general
>Kill Vlakith in the Githyanki stronghold
>Supplant an Archdevil and earn the respect of Asmodeus
>Die and become a Soul Larva, fight your way through the Abyss and become a demon lord
>Survive a party on Arborea with the OG eladrin
>Become animals on the Happy Hunting Grounds and fight talking spell-casting tyrannosaurs in the realm of Ubtao
>Visit the demiplane of the great wannabe undead lord Jar'ke*lta`le~tharn, who has gathered pieces of D&D's greatest dungeons and stitched them together in their ethereal realm
>Inevitables show up

:The world's greatest OOTA fan/critic: :"Powder kegs within powder kegs!": :Meta-Dimensional Cheese: :Why is the Wand of Orcus just back?: :We still don't know the nature of Souls and the Positive Energy Plane: :PC on profile, Aldritch Elpyptrat Maxinfield: :Helljumpers, Bungie.net: :Rock Hard Gladiator, RIP Fluidanim, Long Live Pluto: :IRC lives:

https://thisisstorytelling.wordpress.com

T_P_T

Edited by - PattPlays on 23 Sep 2020 09:27:36
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2020 :  23:33:51  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Learned Scribe PattPlays,

Another few good ones are:

• Shades of Gray, Necromancer Games
  • Rappun Athuk 1-3, Necromancer Games
  • Bonegarden, Necromancer Games

They all scale well, have great stories, and Necromancer Games was well known for making rather difficult material on average. Love their material.

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

pancakewizard
Acolyte

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2023 :  13:40:41  Show Profile Send pancakewizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not of the East, but *Fires of Iskh* has had lots of good things said about it. I believe it's setting agnostic.
Go to Top of Page

Delnyn
Senior Scribe

USA
883 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2023 :  02:25:43  Show Profile Send Delnyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Circulate alleged unedited copies of Volo's Guide to All Things Magical all over Toril and survive annoyed archmages.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000