Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Candlekeep - The Nine: Virtual Gen Con Seminar
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6643 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2020 :  08:43:59  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
The Candlekeep Seminar for Virtual Gen Con this year is up as an event. No details yet but I'm sure that more will be forthcoming soon.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6351 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2020 :  10:12:31  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yay, i forgot all about this, just signed up, i may actually attend one at long last.

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2020 :  14:51:42  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was planning on ignoring the virtual GenCon, but this has changed my mind.

This is The Nine that broke up over a hat, right?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2020 :  22:41:54  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I was planning on ignoring the virtual GenCon, but this has changed my mind.

Someone used the 9 words of power: "That clearly does not make any gosh darned sense." Everyone was stunned for one round and then a general apathy effect kicked in and they all just wondered off.

"Iriaebor is a fine city. So what if you can have violence between merchant groups break out at any moment. Not every city can offer dinner AND a show."

My FR writeups - http://www.mediafire.com/folder/um3liz6tqsf5n/Documents
Go to Top of Page

maransreth
Learned Scribe

Australia
157 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2020 :  07:39:33  Show Profile Send maransreth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

No, mention is made instead of the repetition of nine in various places. similar to the use of 13 in other places.

George - Thank you for the heads up about this event as well, I was not aware of the virtual aspect and have now wishlisted a few different seminars.
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2020 :  02:13:42  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've never been able to attend GenCon...maybe I'll be able to this time.

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2020 :  17:16:04  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
...And I'm in. As I noted previously, I wasn't going to pay any attention to this virtual GenCon, but this gives me a reason to join in.

I had my cursor on the Submit button and rode the clock down, and was number 100 to get in line -- so of course I got in for the Seminar, the one event on my list.

I guess I'll be seeing y'all online in a couple weeks.

Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2020 :  17:33:12  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have never been to one either but I got a ticket to this event. My only ask is that Wooly sit towards the back. A giant hamster would certain block a bunch of people's view of the panel.

"Iriaebor is a fine city. So what if you can have violence between merchant groups break out at any moment. Not every city can offer dinner AND a show."

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2020 :  20:02:35  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TheIriaeban

I have never been to one either but I got a ticket to this event. My only ask is that Wooly sit towards the back. A giant hamster would certain block a bunch of people's view of the panel.

I will make no such promises!

Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2020 :  04:59:58  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just signed up. Really looking forward to this. I do have to say, though, with so many prestigious scribes present, I'm sure someone will be able to cast Reduce Animal on a single Giant Hamster, should Wooly sit near the front.

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2020 :  05:07:44  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Delwa

I just signed up. Really looking forward to this. I do have to say, though, with so many prestigious scribes present, I'm sure someone will be able to cast Reduce Animal on a single Giant Hamster, should Wooly sit near the front.

But I'm not just an animal, I'm a legend.

Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2020 :  05:45:24  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

So... I need a 10th level spell slot?

- Delwa Aunglor

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2020 :  16:49:13  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Looks at Delwa, then slyly "points" with his eyes at the giant glassteel hamster ball in the corner.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2020 :  16:55:45  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

quote:

quote:

Looks at Delwa, then slyly "points" with his eyes at the giant glassteel hamster ball in the corner.

Oh, sweet Tymora, he's gonna crush us all in that thing...

Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2020 :  18:21:00  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

<hands TheIriaeben a cloak>

"Ghostform, you'll have the best seat in the house. Don't dispel the reverse gravity cast on the block of Cheeeese inside the ball until everyone's getting bored. It should be quite a show, especially when the prism effect of the glassteel turns the stage so many colors that even Leira might vomit."

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2020 :  18:54:32  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

"Ghostform, you'll have the best seat in the house. Don't dispel the reverse gravity cast on the block of Cheeeese inside the ball until everyone's getting bored. It should be quite a show, especially when the prism effect of the glassteel turns the stage so many colors that even Leira might vomit."

Thanks but here's your cloak back. Ghostform gives me a terrible rash. Just something about the Ethereal Plane, I guess. I got a cube of force around here somewhere. If not, I know where I can get my hands on a wand of force. Those should work to put something between me and that hamster-powered sphere of death

Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2020 :  19:04:45  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Thanks but here's your cloak back. Ghostform gives me a terrible rash. Just something about the Ethereal Plane, I guess. I got a cube of force around here somewhere. If not, I know where I can get my hands on a wand of force. Those should work to put something between me and that hamster-powered sphere of death

lol, thank you for making me smile (and thank you Wooly as well)

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2020 :  19:33:56  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Your welcome. That gives me an idea for a new gnome spell: Baravar's Curse. It causes the target to either get a rash or the hiccups whenever they are in a stressful situation. Melee attacks, AC, and physical non-weapon proficiency skill checks gets a 4 point penalty for the rash. Casting a spell with a vocal component is almost impossible, no thief can sneak up on anything unless it is deaf, and mental non-weapon proficiency checks get a 4 point penalty for the hiccups.

Edit: Fixed the proficiency part.

Edited by - TheIriaeban on 15 Jul 2020 19:35:49
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2020 :  19:57:35  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Those should work to put something between me and that hamster-powered sphere of death

lol, thank you for making me smile (and thank you Wooly as well)

"hamster-powered sphere of death" is one of the funniest phrases I've heard in a while!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 15 Jul 2020 19:57:52
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2020 :  02:47:53  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm sorry I missed reading this thread after I last posted. I forgot to subscribe to email notifications for the topic. But boy the laughs I just had were deep and hearty!

- Delwa Aunglor

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000