Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Cromm's Hold/Redhand Keep
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

perlmugp
Seeker

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2020 :  02:28:08  Show Profile  Visit perlmugp's Homepage Send perlmugp a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Does anyone know if Cromm's Hold and Redhand Keep are different names for the same location? I believe it was first refered to in Under Illefarn as Redhand Keep, the stronghold of Baron Cromm Redhand. In Ghosts of Dragonspear Castle a sight that is in approximately the same location is referred to as Cromm's Hold. I can't find a definitive connection, but they sure seem like the should be connected.

--Zoomable Map of Faerun--

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2020 :  10:32:25  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by perlmugp

Does anyone know if Cromm's Hold and Redhand Keep are different names for the same location? I believe it was first refered to in Under Illefarn as Redhand Keep, the stronghold of Baron Cromm Redhand. In Ghosts of Dragonspear Castle a sight that is in approximately the same location is referred to as Cromm's Hold. I can't find a definitive connection, but they sure seem like the should be connected.

Redhand Keep is the correct name. It belonged to Baron Cromm. Arguably you could say Cromm's Hold is the name of the area surrounding Redhand Keep.

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

perlmugp
Seeker

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2020 :  17:18:33  Show Profile  Visit perlmugp's Homepage Send perlmugp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you.

--Zoomable Map of Faerun--
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2020 :  20:48:31  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Seeker perlmugp,

I looked into Under Illefarn and it came back as Cromm's hold. The only part in the module I could find a reference to Redhand, was the following:

quote:
7. Baron Cromm Redhand has been hunting dinosaurs (and maybe lizard men) in the Lizard Marsh. (0)

It seems that perhaps Cromm was his first name, and Redhand his last, but I can't find anything that says that definitely. I've looked around and there is little on it.

Eric, out of curiosity, what tome did you find that info in? :)

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000