Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Greetings all
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

The Cavalier
Acolyte

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2020 :  20:10:58  Show Profile Send The Cavalier a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Apparently newcomers are supposed to post a hello in this forum, so I shall do so with all speed.

Hello all! I've been a fan of the FR for about 4 or 5 years now, been devotedly collecting the novels from local bookstores and have amassed a rather large collection. With the current issues plaguing the world keeping me indoors, I decided it was finally time to get cracking through them all.
I've occasionally checked in to Candlekeep for the errant question or two, but only now made an account for two reasons: First, I'm running a game based in the FR (starting in Baldur's Gate, my favorite city) for some new players and may ask for advice as a relatively new DM myself. Second, I'm also writing some fanfiction/a love letter to the FR, so questions regarding realmslore may arise.
Overall looking for a friendly community to discuss a mutual passion with, that being of course the Forgotten Realms from our favorite Ed Greenwood (even if Spellfire was a bit choppy at parts; at least the older edition I have that is. Still a nice read). Overall thanks for reading my post-turned-essay, and hope to see you all on the forums!

If there's anything I've learned as a DM, it's never give the players access to a Wish spell in the first session.

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2020 :  20:38:53  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep!

Feel free to ask any questions you may have... A lot of us have been Realms fans for years, and we know a thing or three about the setting. Plus, we've got some of the authors and creators here!

As for the rest of us, we are friendly, mostly harmless, and occasionally strange... Enjoy your stay!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000